2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:36 pm

Arcidiacono's brother was a factor too.

Speaking of brothers, is John Wolford our top 2014 QB target?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Think the top 3 targets are Trace McSorley,Deshone Kizer,and Reid Travis(probably will play bball). Then your looking at some guys like Wolford,Ulmer,Troy Flutie(you know they will give him a look),Sean White,and frank Nutile from Bosco.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:24 pm

New commit according to FB. No name but it's a DL from Ohio
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:33 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:New commit according to FB. No name but it's a DL from Ohio

Kavalec - believe he earned an offer at camp.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby 31southst on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:27 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:New commit according to FB. No name but it's a DL from Ohio

You're right. We probably need 4-5 DL this class so solid guy as one of them. Other offers from Bowling Green and Ohio U. Goes to Cleveland St. Ignatius - always nice to keep ties up with Ohio Jesuit schools.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby Shaddix on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:37 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

You're right. We probably need 4-5 DL this class so solid guy as one of them. Other offers from Bowling Green and Ohio U. Goes to Cleveland St. Ignatius - always nice to keep ties up with Ohio Jesuit schools.

Overall, not a bad flier. Probably had a strong camp and showed the staff something and meanwhile strengthens those ties to the Jesuit schools in a class that doesn't look like BC will be taking much from Ohio for once.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby sonof81 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:56 am

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Overall, not a bad flier. Probably had a strong camp and showed the staff something and meanwhile strengthens those ties to the Jesuit schools in a class that doesn't look like BC will be taking much from Ohio for once.

I wouldn't have a problem with this commit but are you sure that's the right guy?

The site I saw it on listed the commit as a DT (the name required a subscription). Kavalec is a DE if I'm not mistaken.
sonof81
n00b

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:09 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Al Washington posted on FB that BC now has 7 commits. Could mean another player committed, maybe Morrison?

Justin Rowland (Rivals) is usually really good about posting the commitments on twitter and he has said nothing since Jasudowich.

According to BCI, he has now posted the commitment on Twitter. It's also up on EA.

So doest this mean their is a #7 or not ? Rowland has posted nothing on twitter since he announced the Jasudowich commitment and on TOS there is only an article on Jaquille Veii from Maryalnd (not subscriber).

FWIW, Al Washington has this as one of the photos on his FB page and it gave me a good laugh ...

Followed by... "Spaz We Got Your Back...Let The Naysayers Talk, Its A New Day...We All We Got! "

Did we lose a commit, TOS lists only 6.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:22 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Al Washington posted on FB that BC now has 7 commits. Could mean another player committed, maybe Morrison?

Justin Rowland (Rivals) is usually really good about posting the commitments on twitter and he has said nothing since Jasudowich.

According to BCI, he has now posted the commitment on Twitter. It's also up on EA.

So doest this mean their is a #7 or not ? Rowland has posted nothing on twitter since he announced the Jasudowich commitment and on TOS there is only an article on Jaquille Veii from Maryalnd (not subscriber).

FWIW, Al Washington has this as one of the photos on his FB page and it gave me a good laugh ...

Followed by... "Spaz We Got Your Back...Let The Naysayers Talk, Its A New Day...We All We Got! "

FHCBAW was claiming 7 when jasudowich committed (he was 6 officially). If Kavalec committed, he would officially be 7 (8 by AW's count presuming he knows something we don't)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:26 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

FHCBAW was claiming 7 when jasudowich committed (he was 6 officially). If Kavalec committed, he would officially be 7 (8 by AW's count presuming he knows something we don't)

Thanks.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:53 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

Thanks.

The smart money is on Morrison being the missing commit (probably a snag with Admissions so he doesn't want to go public yet).
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby StayBlessed on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Eagles add a defensive end from Ohio...Kevin Kavalec...according to TOS.
StayBlessed
Carney Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:31 am

Looks like a WR named Barksdale may commit to BC in the next few weeks. His offer list(Ohio, Air Force) isn't great but Iowa and Indiana seem to have serious interest in him also.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/bostoncollege/f ... tD_9uqrJB4
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:38 am

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:Looks like a WR named Barksdale may commit to BC in the next few weeks. His offer list(Ohio, Air Force) isn't great but Iowa and Indiana seem to have serious interest in him also.

Michigan State too with interest. Has a brother who is walking on at MSU.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:40 am

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:Looks like a WR named Barksdale may commit to BC in the next few weeks. His offer list(Ohio, Air Force) isn't great but Iowa and Indiana seem to have serious interest in him also.

F A S T, I like him
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Avon?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:35 pm

The top kicker in the country, Michael Geiger out of Toledo, has committed to BC per teh twitter.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby QuailMan on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:42 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:The top kicker in the country, Michael Geiger out of Toledo, has committed to BC per teh twitter.

http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recr ... ael-geiger

I intend to use my athletic ability to attend a great institution academically preparing me for a successful future in Engineering or Medicine.
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:01 pm

QuailMan {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:The top kicker in the country, Michael Geiger out of Toledo, has committed to BC per teh twitter.

I intend to use my athletic ability to attend a great institution academically preparing me for a successful future in Engineering or Medicine.

Medicine it is! But seriously.....he's an amazing kicker
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:05 pm

BTW, teams BC outrecruited for Geiger include but are not limited to: Florida, Georgia Tech, Michigan, LSU, Michigan St., Ohio State, Oregon, Virginia.... where did this staff's ability to recruit come from?
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:11 pm

I would imagine place kicker rankings are very subjective (ie the rankings often are set by academies, who are trying to pump up kids that go to their camps/go thru their academies), but this site has him at 9.

http://kohlskicking.com/recruiting/national-rating-system/kickers/2013

Michael he has proven himself many times at Kohl's camps, a D1 scholarship kicker, punts very well also, has an elite leg, needs to capture the moment and win FG competitions to move up in rankings, like his attitude, KO's are huge for his frame, uses energy very well, someone who should transition well to college

This was the tweet ...
http://es.twitter.com/Chris_Sailer/status/216560245084917760?tw_p=twt

Chris Sailer appears to have sent 3 guys (in his academy) to camp at BC as was posted in one of his earlier tweets.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:04 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:I would imagine place kicker rankings are very subjective (ie the rankings often are set by academies, who are trying to pump up kids that go to their camps/go thru their academies), but this site has him at 9.

Michael he has proven himself many times at Kohl's camps, a D1 scholarship kicker, punts very well also, has an elite leg, needs to capture the moment and win FG competitions to move up in rankings, like his attitude, KO's are huge for his frame, uses energy very well, someone who should transition well to college

This was the tweet ...

Chris Sailer appears to have sent 3 guys (in his academy) to camp at BC as was posted in one of his earlier tweets.

It's also worth mentions that, IIRC, Billy Bennett was the top-rated kicker by Rivals his senior year.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:20 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:I would imagine place kicker rankings are very subjective (ie the rankings often are set by academies, who are trying to pump up kids that go to their camps/go thru their academies), but this site has him at 9.

This was the tweet ...

It's also worth mentions that, IIRC, Billy Bennett was the top-rated kicker by Rivals his senior year.

Billy Bennett also seemed to be one of those kids who didn't handle college very well.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BC923 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:22 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Avon?

I hope so
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:43 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
QuailMan {l Wrote}:

Medicine it is! But seriously.....he's an amazing kicker

BC does have a school of nursing. Rumor has it oh-no-liger another former big pk recruit is now a hipster on the LES of Manhattan. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:30 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Avon?

I hope so

I was hopeing we would land Stringer Bell too, until his unfortunate accident. I heard they were a package deal.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:16 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Avon?

I hope so

I was hopeing we would land Stringer Bell too, until his unfortunate accident. I heard they were a package deal.

Look what I just found:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/toledo/football ... dale-95945
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:00 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:BTW, teams BC outrecruited for Geiger include but are not limited to: Florida, Georgia Tech, Michigan, LSU, Michigan St., Ohio State, Oregon, Virginia.... where did this staff's ability to recruit come from?

Really? No other offers shown on the Rivals database.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am

Trey Kilgore will announce his decision on Monday, BC is in his top 4....but it's widely expected that he will choose Michigan State
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:26 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Avon?

I hope so

Look what I just found:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/toledo/football ... dale-95945

I heard he was a bit hung up on himself.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium