2014 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2014 Recruiting Thread

Postby NJM89 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:22 pm

Christian Lezzer and Trey Klock have BC on top and will most likely commit soon. If its true about Smith and Thomas coming here that's a lot of talent coming to the offense for the future.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:23 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Christian Lezzer and Trey Klock have BC on top and will most likely commit soon. If its true about Smith and Thomas coming here that's a lot of talent coming to the offense for the future.

I know nothing about Lezzer/Klock, but they're offer list screams Spaz recruit. No other BCS offers
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby NJM89 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:31 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:Christian Lezzer and Trey Klock have BC on top and will most likely commit soon. If its true about Smith and Thomas coming here that's a lot of talent coming to the offense for the future.

I know nothing about Lezzer/Klock, but they're offer list screams Spaz recruit. No other BCS offers

NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:33 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

It's wayyyyy to early in the process to judge that. Only initial evals have just came out on recruiting sites. Usually around June/July recruiting picks up. That's when Spaz jumped in on these guys.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby thebigskinny31 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:34 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:one of you 247 weirdos, who is the WR that Wade is trying to recruit?

I believe Thaddius Smith.

He is recruiting his high school teammate Chris Godwin.

I don't have a subscription, but this made a lot more sense to me considering he is a 4 star WR on the same team as Wade. Smith is being recruited by Outlow.

The WR talked about in the article is Thad Smith. Lezzer also tweeted about Wade saying "Future BC qb really sold me on what BC is about"
thebigskinny31
Carney Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:52 pm

Smith is absolutely a BC lean not sure when he will commit but as of now it would be a surprise if it isn't to BC. Haven't seen Klock's film but watched Lezzer's and any doubt due to lack of offers goes away quick. I'd say there is a hesitation based on his size but obviously the staff doesn't mind it.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:55 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Smith is absolutely a BC lean not sure when he will commit but as of now it would be a surprise if it isn't to BC. Haven't seen Klock's film but watched Lezzer's and any doubt due to lack of offers goes away quick. I'd say there is a hesitation based on his size but obviously the staff doesn't mind it.

They both have interest from Penn State, Maryland, Pitt, Rutgers, and Duke. I think that most of them will offer at some point, BC just beat them to it. Klock looks very impressive. I like his power, I can see why Daz offered.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:03 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

It's wayyyyy to early in the process to judge that. Only initial evals have just came out on recruiting sites. Usually around June/July recruiting picks up. That's when Spaz jumped in on these guys.

Ok cool, just struck me as a little bizarre under the new staff
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:34 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

To me, the ideal class would have a mixture of players: elites, diamonds in the rough and high productivity/low ceiling. If Dazoo wants to grab a player who is an undersized star or a player that has loads of unrealized potential... that's perfectly fine... so long as it is the exception and not the norm.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 31southst on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:40 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I read somewhere and agree - I think the fact that Daz has no problem pursuing high level guys and has actually shown the ability to land some means that offers to people like Lezzer and Klock are because he thinks they deserve them, not because he thinks they'll commit immediately and he'll have more time for Hingham baseball. Still definitely better to see good other offers, but I will give Daz more leeway here.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby Buttercup on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:32 pm

I think Addazio understands what BC football lacks right now most... athleticism/speed and toughness. He's already pulled in some serious athletes. Outlow is a freak. Landry is an athletic DE like Holloway was. Very athletic QB in Wade, etc. Lezzer's lack of BCS offers is due to being undersized for the OLB position, but he plays like he's on crack. I'll take him on my team any day. He's pretty athletic too, he seems like he could develop into a defensive hybrid. Klock is the type of TE we need in the new offense. Great blocker. He can really get downfield and block on the running game, and then he can sneak out for the play action rollout passes.
Buttercup
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:41 pm

I think they'll all stick to their commits. The commits all seem to be recruiting others, which is a great sign. I also have faith in Daz's recruiting (it's been around 5-6 years since I've had faith in recruiting, and that's because I was 15). And most importantly, Boston College is a school anyone would be lucky to attend.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:02 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I think they'll all stick to their commits. The commits all seem to be recruiting others, which is a great sign. I also have faith in Daz's recruiting (it's been around 5-6 years since I've had faith in recruiting, and that's because I was 15). And most importantly, Boston College is a school anyone would be lucky to attend.

Are you finally enrolled, duxbury?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:58 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I think they'll all stick to their commits. The commits all seem to be recruiting others, which is a great sign. I also have faith in Daz's recruiting (it's been around 5-6 years since I've had faith in recruiting, and that's because I was 15). And most importantly, Boston College is a school anyone would be lucky to attend.

wait i thought you were still in high school?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:16 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

if he is, he's been in high school for like 6 or 7 years. those sorts of students don't usually make it into bc. and that's ignoring all the "i like bc basketball... do you like bc basketball" crap
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:54 am

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Smith is absolutely a BC lean not sure when he will commit but as of now it would be a surprise if it isn't to BC. Haven't seen Klock's film but watched Lezzer's and any doubt due to lack of offers goes away quick. I'd say there is a hesitation based on his size but obviously the staff doesn't mind it.

They both have interest from Penn State, Maryland, Pitt, Rutgers, and Duke. I think that most of them will offer at some point, BC just beat them to it. Klock looks very impressive. I like his power, I can see why Daz offered.

Klock knows how to finish his blocks, that's for damn sure. Jesus.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:06 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Seriously, that's about as emphatic as a highlight reel full of blocking and run stuffing can be.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:19 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Seriously, that's about as emphatic as a highlight reel full of blocking and run stuffing can be.

I was wondering if they were actually looking at him as a player who could potentially grow into a LT. Also... Lezzer is a little small, but with a little more weight, he could be a very productive LB. He is, however, definitely not Safety material in my opinion... at least not in Brown's system.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:21 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

The sound you hear is that of commave's heart breaking after realizing he was Teo'd into believing it would be 25's date for the prom.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:11 am

While I am thrilled with what Addazio has done so far, the player that would quiet any critic if he chooses BC is Strachan.

Local kid, 4*, BC connections...basically every guy that Spaz didn't get in the last 3 years rolled into one...
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:04 am

MaxxPower325 {l Wrote}:every guy that Spaz didn't get in the last 3 years rolled into one...

So then he's Max Ricci's size?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:16 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

The sound you hear is that of commave's heart breaking after realizing he was Teo'd into believing it would be 25's date for the prom.

ive gotta say, as one of my favorite posters on the board, youre better than that
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Skidmark on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:54 am

How many offensive linemen figure to be part of the 2014 recruiting class? There were 0 in last years class, and they lost 2 starters (Cleary & Wetzel). Ian White appears to be the only senior at the position for this year's team.
Skidmark
n00b

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:34 pm

Skidmark {l Wrote}:How many offensive linemen figure to be part of the 2014 recruiting class? There were 0 in last years class, and they lost 2 starters (Cleary & Wetzel). Ian White appears to be the only senior at the position for this year's team.

There are 12 on the roster now and as you say White is the only one leaving. Taken at random we had 13 in 2009, 11 in 2006, 15 in 2003 and 12 in 2008.

Short answer, probably not that many, Spaz 6 OL in each of 2010 and 2011.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:59 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Skidmark {l Wrote}:How many offensive linemen figure to be part of the 2014 recruiting class? There were 0 in last years class, and they lost 2 starters (Cleary & Wetzel). Ian White appears to be the only senior at the position for this year's team.

There are 12 on the roster now and as you say White is the only one leaving. Taken at random we had 13 in 2009, 11 in 2006, 15 in 2003 and 12 in 2008.

JR speculated they are aiming for only 2 in this class, though it seems like it's a big enough class that if 3 awesome guys want to come that they could make it work. I guess it also depends if any underclassmen follow in Eddie Meredith's footsteps.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby NJM89 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:14 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

JR speculated they are aiming for only 2 in this class, though it seems like it's a big enough class that if 3 awesome guys want to come that they could make it work. I guess it also depends if any underclassmen follow in Eddie Meredith's footsteps.

Hendren (T) and Baker (G/C) would be perfect. Also Trey Klock could maybe play on the line if he puts on weight after watching his tape.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Noah Beh is saying BC & Syracuse are his current top 2.
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:40 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Hendren (T) and Baker (G/C) would be perfect. Also Trey Klock could maybe play on the line if he puts on weight after watching his tape.

I agree but the longer it goes on the less confident I feel that we land Baker. I don't get why we haven't offered Hendren and I hope he gets one - he already has an RU offer (clearly acknowledged as not the pinnacle of other schools but they have been recruiting fairly well) and seems to want to go to BC. Given Daz's emphasis on local guys, he seems like a natural fit. For other guys, supposedly have a shot with people like Nelson but I'll believe it when I see it. I also think we may be looking at Noah Beh as an OL and not DL.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:43 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I think there are 13 now, then 14 in the fall with the Florida transfer.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:00 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I think there are 13 now, then 14 in the fall with the Florida transfer.

my bad I didn't see that centers are listed separately.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium