Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:05 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Cutcliffe. If Dazoo wins the last two, there will be some talk though. It's not just the 8 wins or the fact that Andre will win the Doak - BC has remained relevant this season as the only team to really challenge FSU and Clemson this season.

I feel like we aren't getting much credit for those games. We're the only team to have scored more than 14 points on FSU all season and were a few plays away from beating Clemson and no one seems to have noticed.

and i'm glad for that because moral victories suck and crowing about this makes us no better than rutgres crowing about one of their top 5 all-time wins being an overtime loss to wvu

Slow down one trick pony. No one called a moral victory; they declared it as evidence of good coaching. Bringing shitty talent to games against two top 5 teams and having the gameplan to stay in there until the end is not a moral victory, but it is fucking good coaching.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:07 pm

I have well more than one trick, as did "good fucking coaching" greg schiano
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:15 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:as did "good fucking coaching" greg schiano

Wait, what?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Wait, what?

remember when greg schiano beat louisville and then almost beat west by-god virginia with not much more in the talent pool than ray race? that must have been because of good fucking coaching/moral victories
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:32 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Wait, what?

remember when greg schiano beat louisville and then almost beat west by-god virginia with not much more in the talent pool than ray race? that must have been because of good fucking coaching/moral victories

That or grotesquely overrated New Big East squads due to necessity of ESPN wanted ranked matchups.

Furthermore, Schiano was a pretty good coach and those Rutgirls teams had a lot more talent than this BC squad. Oh, let's just say Kenny Britt and Tiquan Underwood would be nice. Or Devon and Jason McCourty. Or a second back of the quality of Brian Leonard. Jeremy Zuttah even. Lot's of draft picks on those Ray Rice teams, including 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders and a 3rd rounder (if my recollection is correct).
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:33 pm

you're no fun at all, twoball
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:40 pm

I i just think its time for everyone to give Addazio his due. This team has some really good senior talent, which we all knew, but is completely without depth and has entire areas with no division 1 talent. He''s been lucky that Andre Williams, KPL, Amidon, the line, Edebali and Chase Rettig have been healthy, but otherwise, this has been a spectacular coaching job given what he had to work with.

Again, I am most impressed with the work done on the lines and the scheme designed (offense and defense) to cover up a relatively weak secondary - although I would note that some of the guys in the secondary seem to be coming around in this system, especially B. Jones and ALJ (notwithstanding his fall last week)
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I i just think its time for everyone to give Addazio his due. This team has some really good senior talent, which we all knew, but is completely without depth and has entire areas with no division 1 talent. He''s been lucky that Andre Williams, KPL, Amidon, the line, Edebali and Chase Rettig have been healthy, but otherwise, this has been a spectacular coaching job given what he had to work with.

Again, I am most impressed with the work done on the lines and the scheme designed (offense and defense) to cover up a relatively weak secondary - although I would note that some of the guys in the secondary seem to be coming around in this system, especially B. Jones and ALJ (notwithstanding his fall last week)

Who isn't giving Daz his due?

That said, before we go awarding any lifetime contracts, I'd like to point out that we still have 2 winnable games left to play. Lose those and things go from "Coach of the Year" to "Stank Daziani" pretty damn quick. 6-6 is a decent season with this talent and this schedule. 7-5 is a very good season and 8-4 would be remarkable. 9-4 would go down as one of the 3 best FB coaching jobs I've seen at BC in the past 25 years. Let's see if BC can out point MD with CJ Brown scheduled to have a career day on Saturday.
Last edited by HJS on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:03 pm

TRE was doing his best HJS. I was addressing the Debbie Downer portion of the program.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:30 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I i just think its time for everyone to give Addazio his due. This team has some really good senior talent, which we all knew, but is completely without depth and has entire areas with no division 1 talent. He''s been lucky that Andre Williams, KPL, Amidon, the line, Edebali and Chase Rettig have been healthy, but otherwise, this has been a spectacular coaching job given what he had to work with.

Who isn't giving Daz his due?

That said, before we go awarding any lifetime contracts, I'd like to point out that we still have 2 winnable games left to play. Lose those and things go from "Coach of the Year" to "Stank Daziani" pretty damn quick. 6-6 is a decent season with this talent and this schedule. 7-5 is a very good season and 8-4 would be remarkable. 9-4 would go down as one of the 3 best FB coaching jobs I've seen at BC in the past 25 years. Let's see if BC can out point MD with CJ Brown MATT RYANscheduled to have a career day on Saturday.

Fixed!
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:09 pm

I seriously don't know how we lost to a poor Maryland team in 2007, I recall that we had an injury or two in defense, but that team had quite a bit of talent. And then there were a couple of drops in the redzone by our guys.

I hope Daz runs the ball down their throat so much this weekend, that AW's numbers dwarfs Finch's.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:26 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:I seriously don't know how we lost to a poor Maryland team in 2007, I recall that we had an injury or two in defense, but that team had quite a bit of talent. And then there were a couple of drops in the redzone by our guys.

I hope Daz runs the ball down their throat so much this weekend, that AW's numbers dwarfs Finch's.

Injuries included all 3 starting LBs I believe plus Albright.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NotoriousOrange on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:What about her makes you feel that way?

HJS is correct. It'd be crazy sex, most likely an excellent BJ with some anal action to follow. All of which she'd do enthusiastically.

Yeah - after watching that video I am not getting the idea that she is great in bed or anyplace else. She seems to dislike here husband, her kids, football players, college kids in general, the audience, etc. In fact - she seems to like herself - and very few others.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:35 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:I seriously don't know how we lost to a poor Maryland team in 2007, I recall that we had an injury or two in defense, but that team had quite a bit of talent. And then there were a couple of drops in the redzone by our guys.

It was a harkening back to the Spaz D that made Diamond Ferri an household name. We gave up something like 500 yards and Maryland put up 42 points (one TD the result of a Matty Ice pick at our own 15). It should be noted that Maryland was dealing with more injuries than us.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:36 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:

HJS is correct. It'd be crazy sex, most likely an excellent BJ with some anal action to follow. All of which she'd do enthusiastically.

Yeah - after watching that video I am not getting the idea that she is great in bed or anyplace else. She seems to dislike here husband, her kids, football players, college kids in general, the audience, etc. In fact - she seems to like herself - and very few others.

She seems to like Cam Newton... and awful lot.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Ronc112 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:22 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

It was a harkening back to the Spaz D that made Diamond Ferri an household name. We gave up something like 500 yards and Maryland put up 42 points (one TD the result of a Matty Ice pick at our own 15). It should be noted that Maryland was dealing with more injuries than us.

There were 2 BC turnovers against Maryland, a shanked field goal attempt, an onside kick which failed to go 10 yards, etc. That game and the one prior revealed a lot about the HC as well.
Ronc112
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:37 pm

Ronc112 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

There were 2 BC turnovers against Maryland, a shanked field goal attempt, an onside kick which failed to go 10 yards, etc. That game and the one prior revealed a lot about the HC as well.

Yeah that he was good enough to go to the ACC championship with no excuses, something we don't see often.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Ronc112 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:55 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Ronc112 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Yeah that he was good enough to go to the ACC championship with no excuses, something we don't see often.

Yawn. 2007 was a BCS bowl caliber team.
Ronc112
n00b

Postby hinghameagle on Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:56 pm

This team was 2-10 last year, albeit with brutal coaching, but 2-10 is 2-10. The players deserve a lot of the criticism as does Spaz. Given the toxicity that surrounded this, program as of last thanksgiving time, to where this team is now, max effort, unity, respectability, with almost no skill player talent, AW aside, the dazzler does not need to give me a 7th win for me to give him very high marks. In less then a year he has me enjoying watching BC football. I thought it would be 2 years and into the 3rd before I could care again like I did before. That aside, going LLL to MD, Syr, middle Tennessee st, will take a lot of he shine off of the season.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:14 pm

what if the loss to mtsu includes a successful fake field goal play?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:47 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:what if the loss to mtsu includes a successful fake field goal play?

Give the Vince Lombardi Trophy to Daz in that case :chewbanka :chewbanka :kudos :chewbanka :chewbanka
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:46 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:

She seems to like Cam Newton... and awful lot.

Tru Dat - and lust for a college kid who plays for her husband is a pretty unattractive quality for a middle aged lady
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:05 am

Worse than Colorado's McCartney, his daughter and their QB who died?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:18 am

Ronc112 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Ronc112 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

As was 2005 and 2006.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:22 am

I 100% believe we win the national title in 2007 if Raji plays. It would've come down to the title game against a very beatable OSU team.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle216 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:24 am

Ronc112 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Ronc112 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Jags was no Nick Saban, but he was the best coach BC has had since Coughlin (present coach, hopefully excluded).
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:24 am

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:I 100% believe we win the national title in 2007 if Raji plays. It would've come down to the title game against a very beatable OSU team.

I don't know that Raji changes the FSU monsoon game much.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:52 am

it wasn't even raining anymore by the start of the 2nd quarter

DOMINOJPOST!!!!!
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:56 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:it wasn't even raining anymore by the start of the 2nd quarter

DOMINOJPOST!!!!!

Well played. That was the worst friggin game ever, and I was at the Buffalo (Chris Crane!) and UVa monsoons.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:21 am

in fairness to mrs. talon, it wasn't raining anymore but it was cold, windy and wet as b0mbers ass in the middle of a center hash.

that was a miserable gameday experience on many levels
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium