2017 Athletic Director Candidates Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2017 Athletic Director Candidates Thread

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:57 am

I thought a reporter was suppose to actually investigate, in this case call this Associate AD from Tennessee and ask him if he has been contacted or if he has interest in the BC job. This article is just baseless assumptions proving that Blauds has no idea of what is going on.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:58 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}: This article is just baseless assumptions proving that Blauds has no idea of what is going on.

opposed to any other article gumshoes puts out?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:58 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:https://tmgcollegesports.com/2017/04/16/do-the-dots-connect-between-bc-and-mike-vollmar/
Ok... so... Blauds is claiming that 2 of the 3 finalists are Associate ADs. I will say that Mike Dee's name still gets brought up when I've asked around. Let me tell you straight out that... while I have heard many times that Mike Dee would be an "unmitigated disaster" from the folks who have said he is still a candidate... I would much prefer him over the Associate ADs. Mainly, because I fear the names that I had been given super-early in the process (including the chick Compliance Officer)... are still in play.

Blauds is just making things up and doing favors now. Vollmar is not in the mix.

I don't think anyone thinks Vollmar is in the mix. Heck... Blauds pretty much admits that he picked Vollmar out of the blue. The newsworthy piece from Blauds is that his sources are saying that 2 of the 3 finalists are Associate ADs.

That said... I keep hearing it is Mike Dee.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:20 am

HJS {l Wrote}:...Mike Dee.

he's not looking well these days... i hope we go in a different direction
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:23 am

HJS {l Wrote}:https://tmgcollegesports.com/2017/04/16/do-the-dots-connect-between-bc-and-mike-vollmar/
Ok... so... Blauds is claiming that 2 of the 3 finalists are Associate ADs. I will say that Mike Dee's name still gets brought up when I've asked around. Let me tell you straight out that... while I have heard many times that Mike Dee would be an "unmitigated disaster" from the folks who have said he is still a candidate... I would much prefer him over the Associate ADs. Mainly, because I fear the names that I had been given super-early in the process (including the chick Compliance Officer)... are still in play.

I'll bite...why would Mike Dee be a disaster? His experience seems to line up more with what I'd be looking for as an AD.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:35 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I'll bite...why would Mike Dee be a disaster? His experience seems to line up more with what I'd be looking for as an AD.

I don't independently know. That's why I posed that question earlier in the thread. Domingo seems to hate him and teddy seems to be a relative of him.

What I have heard separately is that he isn't a nice guy. He is more political/polished/greasier version of Gene.

From his previous stops, it sounds like he is not personable, tone deaf as to fans, had a ton of PR blow-ups, quick to throw others under the bus. All that said, I'd be willing to give him a shot. I hate the fact that this would solidify the failed FSG arrangement. But, I wouldn't be surprised if he focused on "name" coaching hires (which would be better than whatever the hell we've been doing). I'd also predict a logo and uniform change (as it seems something he likes to do).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:18 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I don't independently know. That's why I posed that question earlier in the thread. Domingo seems to hate him and teddy seems to be a relative of him.

What I have heard separately is that he isn't a nice guy. He is more political/polished/greasier version of Gene.

From his previous stops, it sounds like he is not personable, tone deaf as to fans, had a ton of PR blow-ups, quick to throw others under the bus. All that said, I'd be willing to give him a shot. I hate the fact that this would solidify the failed FSG arrangement. But, I wouldn't be surprised if he focused on "name" coaching hires (which would be better than whatever the hell we've been doing). I'd also predict a logo and uniform change (as it seems something he likes to do).

I don't know him, but this is what I've heard from people who worked with him in San Diego the first time around and from his days with Sox.

-- Extremely arrogant and not good with people
-- Lucky to be around Larry Lucchino for big chunks of his career. But was a disaster any time he was on his own.
-- No experience fund raising.
-- No NCAA experience
-- No real experience hiring college coaches
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:20 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I don't know him, but this is what I've heard from people who worked with him in San Diego the first time around and from his days with Sox.

-- Lucky to be around Larry Lucchino for big chunks of his career. But was a disaster any time he was on his own.
-- No NCAA experience

i can see why microcolby wants to hire him. those are all his favorite things to bitch about and this hire would give him at least 5 more years of posting like an asshole (not an asshat, an asshole)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:22 pm

I actually said he was the operations version of Theo Epstein and I didn't mean it as a compliment. Sorry for any confusion.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:32 pm

I agree, Dee sounds like just what Leahy is looking for, someone who will drive the rest of the fan base away. Wow, a new logo!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:41 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I agree, Dee sounds like just what Leahy is looking for, someone who will drive the rest of the fan base away. Wow, a new logo!

Anybody still watching at this point is probably un-drive-away-able.

That being said, the existing fan base is slowly dying off so if we can't generate new fans at a pace at least matching that with which the old ones are dying, we can continue to plumb new depths of apathy
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:44 pm

i think we should go back to our old logo. it had better posture.

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:20 pm

i'm just laying it out there first that his nickname from me will be "unsweet dee"
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:45 pm

There's lots of hope for replacing ing the dying ticket holders -- despite our general suckitude, the kids around Mass still wear a lot of BC gear. And I mean that in a totally not weird, shirtless boys way.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:48 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'm just laying it out there first that his nickname from me will be "unsweet dee"

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:34 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

-- No NCAA experience

i can see why microcolby wants to hire him. those are all his favorite things to bitch about and this hire would give him at least 5 more years of posting like an asshole (not an asshat, an asshole)

Pretty much
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:35 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I agree, Dee sounds like just what Leahy is looking for, someone who will drive the rest of the fan base away. Wow, a new logo!

Anybody still watching at this point is probably un-drive-away-able.

That being said, the existing fan base is slowly dying off so if we can't generate new fans at a pace at least matching that with which the old ones are dying, we can continue to plumb new depths of apathy

There's like 7 of us in total. I just sat here and counted them
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:48 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Impossible
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:11 pm

Hi Blauds. Next time, you should just cite out posts as your source.
https://tmgcollegesports.com/2017/04/17 ... for-bc-ad/
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:00 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Hi Blauds. Next time, you should just cite out posts as your source.

I can sign off on this. At least they're thinking outside the box and hiring someone with some business sense.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby westcoastbernie on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:54 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Hi Blauds. Next time, you should just cite out posts as your source.

I can sign off on this. At least they're thinking outside the box and hiring someone with some business sense.

Not sure what the real reason was that Dee got canned in SD. No one, and I mean no one, in the media out here in So Cal talked about it. They all referred to the "issues" as "real bad". But it has not ever surfaced. I would think that BC, and especially Leahy would fully vett Dee with Private Investigators, comprehensive background checks, reaching out to the Red Sox/MLB, Kraft and his NFL ties, etc. to find out what the hell happened and if the guy, at least on the character front, could handle the job. Not sure how he would work out as the AD but he certainly knows sports management and running a department that has somewhere in the range of a $35M yearly budget , needs someone who has run a franchise or a large athletic program. He is a CEO type and one would assume he will bring in a strong bench. He would probably sign a 5 year deal and most likely would be the person to hire the next football, basketabll and hockey coaches. He will open the IPF and have to figure out the mess that is marketing. This is a major shitstorm he is walking into. So many issues its hard to figure out where to start. But I like that they are at least thinking in this sort of way. Hiring an Assoc AD from a P5 program is NOT what BC needs at this point.
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:06 pm

westcoastbernie {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Not sure what the real reason was that Dee got canned in SD. No one, and I mean no one, in the media out here in So Cal talked about it. They all referred to the "issues" as "real bad". But it has not ever surfaced. I would think that BC, and especially Leahy would fully vett Dee with Private Investigators, comprehensive background checks, reaching out to the Red Sox/MLB, Kraft and his NFL ties, etc. to find out what the hell happened and if the guy, at least on the character front, could handle the job. Not sure how he would work out as the AD but he certainly knows sports management and running a department that has somewhere in the range of a $35M yearly budget , needs someone who has run a franchise or a large athletic program. He is a CEO type and one would assume he will bring in a strong bench. He would probably sign a 5 year deal and most likely would be the person to hire the next football, basketabll and hockey coaches. He will open the IPF and have to figure out the mess that is marketing. This is a major shitstorm he is walking into. So many issues its hard to figure out where to start. But I like that they are at least thinking in this sort of way. Hiring an Assoc AD from a P5 program is NOT what BC needs at this point.

One problem with this is that BC is cheap, so whatever staff he has is going to be minimal.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:10 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:... whatever staff he has is going to be minimal.

good to see you speaking about something you actually have an expertise in...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:24 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:... whatever staff he has is going to be minimal.

good to see you speaking about something you actually have an expertise in...

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:55 pm

Blauds just tweeted that Mike Dee has pulled his name from the coaching search.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:57 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Blauds just tweeted that Mike Dee has pulled his name from the coaching search.

Although Kennedy was pushing for him, Leahy never would have hired him.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:01 pm

This just opens the door for Jill.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:09 pm

welp, that ruins my big announcement idea...

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Here's the post with a quote from Dee claiming he was involved in the process until today.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:48 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:This just opens the door for Jill.

Who is Jill?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium