2014 Football Schedule

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2014 Football Schedule

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:26 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:the tre troupe is likely to be in attendance for both north carolina based games this year.

my costume is yet to be determined as i'll want to make sure to get the most attention whored over the current student whores

i might be there for one of the trips to walmart road :toby , maybe i'll wear a clifford the big red dog costume
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:32 pm

i'm not nospace and i have no interest in sexting with you, pervert...
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:37 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:With this schedule, are we bowl eligible before Halloween???

if we beat pitt, southern cal or the clemson we could be...

general assumption:

umass - win
pitt - ???
usc - ???
maine - win
colorado state - win
rcc - win
teh clemson - ???
wake - win
vpi - ???
'ville - ???
fsu - ???
cuse - win

this ignores the lack of a returning qb and a missing heisman candidate as well as assumes last year's sucky teams remain just as sucky

Does it ignore Frank Addaziani's known suckitude in year 2?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:38 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:the tre troupe is likely to be in attendance for both north carolina based games this year.

my costume is yet to be determined as i'll want to make sure to get the most attention whored over the current student whores

i might be there for one of the trips to walmart road :toby , maybe i'll wear a clifford the big red dog costume

haha, walmart road...
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:47 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

general assumption:

umass - win
pitt - ???
usc - ???
maine - win
colorado state - win
rcc - win
teh clemson - ???
wake - win
vpi - ???
'ville - ???
fsu - ???
cuse - win

this ignores the lack of a returning qb and a missing heisman candidate as well as assumes last year's sucky teams remain just as sucky

much like you ignore the kickstand on your thai hookers... in other words, it may be there but i'm ignoring it for the time being
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:09 pm

I think CSU will be a sneaky tough game and overall, the schedule is a little bit more difficult. Basically, CSU replaces Army, the Ville replaces Maryland and Pitt replaces UNC (Maine/Nova and UMass/NMSU are even in the sense that all are auto Ws). Out of those 3, only Pitt at home has the chance to be an easier game than its replacement (UNC).

Oh, and I hate UMass.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MOTO on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:10 pm

This is a very interesting schedule. On the one hand, there are a number of games that Boston College could lose. On the other hand, if we win some of those difficult games we may end up garnering national prestige and a bowl appearance. My hope is that this team will be bowl eligible and dare I say, ranked. That all comes down to how many games we win and how many we lose. Go Boston College Eagles!
MOTO
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:15 pm

MOTO {l Wrote}:This is a very interesting schedule. On the one hand, there are a number of games that Boston College could lose. On the other hand, if we win some of those difficult games we may end up garnering national prestige and a bowl appearance. My hope is that this team will be bowl eligible and dare I say, ranked. That all comes down to how many games we win and how many we lose. Go Boston College Eagles!

this is a very thorough analysis. do you know edward aronson?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:13 pm

PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:35 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

does this count as dressing up as a furry?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:38 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

general assumption:

umass - win
pitt - ???
usc - ???
maine - win
colorado state - win
rcc - win
teh clemson - ???
wake - win
vpi - ???
'ville - ???
fsu - ???
cuse - win

one is a pretty small sample size ballwasher*

* i respeck, understand and share your love of ladyboys.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:22 pm

2 auto wins.
3 no chance games (FSU, USC, Clemson)
7 tossups

I'm tempted to put at VT in the no chance game, thats a tricky place to win.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCdee on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:39 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:2 auto wins.
7 tossups

I actually think we have a chance against Clemson this year....and heck, why not USC? Both are home.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:13 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:2 auto wins.
7 tossups

Hard to say VT is a no chance game when we beat them this year.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby mod6A on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:50 pm

i think i might road trip to wake.

we are def going 10 and 2.

i like bc football. :koolaid

:whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby 31southst on Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:42 pm

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/1/24/5337884/2014-acc-football-schedule-picks

Some SB Nation folks did a roundtable picking every ACC game based on the schedule release. BC was picked 8-4, 5-7, 5-7.

4 Consensus Ws - UMass, Maine, Wake, Syracuse
3 Consensus Ls - USC, VT, FSU
5 Disagreements - Pitt, CSU, NC St, Clemson, Louisville

Obviously this doesn't mean anything but I find it interesting to see other ACC views of BC for next year. Most interesting things to me are no one thinks we'll beat VT, someone thinks we'll beat Clemson, and it's unanimous we'll beat Cuse.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:55 pm

Needless to say I cannot wait until the football season. I really like what Addazio is doing with this roster. I think the experience of Silberman and Murphy will help immensely.

We may be hurting at RB, but perhaps Hilliman and/or Outlow can step in and help Day 1 as both of them are standout prospects.

Despite losing some key players, six wins is definitely attainable.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:00 pm

We'll have Kimble and Willis returning (along with Rouse, although I'm not crazy about him as any more than a depth guy) and I'd say it's a sure thing that either Outlow or Hilliman will play right away, quite possibly both. To be honest I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Alston play right away as well, as Willis is the only other guy on the roster with the type of skill set he has. Ideally I'd like to redshirt one of the two feature back type freshmen for spacing purposes, but we may have no choice but to play both especially if we don't get much production out of Kimble.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby 31southst on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:29 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:We'll have Kimble and Willis returning (along with Rouse, although I'm not crazy about him as any more than a depth guy) and I'd say it's a sure thing that either Outlow or Hilliman will play right away, quite possibly both. To be honest I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Alston play right away as well, as Willis is the only other guy on the roster with the type of skill set he has. Ideally I'd like to redshirt one of the two feature back type freshmen for spacing purposes, but we may have no choice but to play both especially if we don't get much production out of Kimble.

I think Alston will definitely play as a KR/PR and slot guy on offense. I think people might be overlooking Willis a little based on excitement over Outlow and Hilliman but he looked very good this year. I also imagine both Outlow and Hilliman will play as I think we'll spread carries out much more than with did with Andre. I think there's a good chance Rouse gets passed on the depth chart but then gain he was supposedly banged up for most of last year so maybe he can take a step forward being healthy. I honestly have no idea what we'll get from Kimble but I'm not expecting a ton.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:19 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:We'll have Kimble and Willis returning (along with Rouse, although I'm not crazy about him as any more than a depth guy) and I'd say it's a sure thing that either Outlow or Hilliman will play right away, quite possibly both. To be honest I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Alston play right away as well, as Willis is the only other guy on the roster with the type of skill set he has. Ideally I'd like to redshirt one of the two feature back type freshmen for spacing purposes, but we may have no choice but to play both especially if we don't get much production out of Kimble.

I think Alston will definitely play as a KR/PR and slot guy on offense. I think people might be overlooking Willis a little based on excitement over Outlow and Hilliman but he looked very good this year. I also imagine both Outlow and Hilliman will play as I think we'll spread carries out much more than with did with Andre. I think there's a good chance Rouse gets passed on the depth chart but then gain he was supposedly banged up for most of last year so maybe he can take a step forward being healthy. I honestly have no idea what we'll get from Kimble but I'm not expecting a ton.

I LOVE Willis, but he's 5'9/187--probably not gonna be an every down back. KR, PR, 3rd down/situational RB, slot WR, absolutely, and I think he'll probably be our most dangerous offensive player next year, I just don't see him as a true feature RB. Kimble, Outlow, and Hilliman are your candidates for that job.

As for whether Outlow and Hilliman both play right away or just one of the two, I'd say it comes down to what we can get out of Kimble. If Kimble shows equal or better to at least one of the two freshmen in spring ball/preseason and if he can stay healthy, I'd much prefer to redshirt one of the two incoming guys. With Willis, Rouse, and probably Alston also in the mix, if we can get decent production out of Kimble we should only need to play one of those guys right away.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby NJM89 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:51 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:

I LOVE Willis, but he's 5'9/187--probably not gonna be an every down back. KR, PR, 3rd down/situational RB, slot WR, absolutely, and I think he'll probably be our most dangerous offensive player next year, I just don't see him as a true feature RB. Kimble, Outlow, and Hilliman are your candidates for that job.

As for whether Outlow and Hilliman both play right away or just one of the two, I'd say it comes down to what we can get out of Kimble. If Kimble shows equal or better to at least one of the two freshmen in spring ball/preseason and if he can stay healthy, I'd much prefer to redshirt one of the two incoming guys. With Willis, Rouse, and probably Alston also in the mix, if we can get decent production out of Kimble we should only need to play one of those guys right away.

Hopefully Hilliman or Outlow breaks out to be the feature back but either way I want them both playing next year. Myles Willis will get his carriers and wouldn't mind seeing him as the 3rd down back and the guy they use in the slot for motions and jet sweeps with the new offense and also stay as the KR guy. Rouse will probably just stick to special teams where he played on last year. Redshirt both Alston and Wilson. Who knows what the deal is with Kimble, we don't even know that he will be back besides a mention in that ESPN article. He wasn't that great when he played and dont expect much coming off his injury and I would rather see touches going to the future guys (Hilliman, Outlow, Willis)
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby eagletx on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:57 am

MOTO {l Wrote}:This is a very interesting schedule. On the one hand, there are a number of games that Boston College could lose. On the other hand, if we win some of those difficult games we may end up garnering national prestige and a bowl appearance. My hope is that this team will be bowl eligible and dare I say, ranked. That all comes down to how many games we win and how many we lose. Go Boston College Eagles!

...like so many TV analyst talking heads....say nothing in as many words as possible...
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:08 pm

Maine game set for 1:00. Is this game still good for New England?
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:17 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Maine game set for 1:00. Is this game still good for New England?

It's good for a W and 2 hours of post-game tailgating. That's about it.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:49 pm

Query:
Buy Clemson tickets now or wait until better tickets open up after the raping by USC?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:51 pm

clemson is a tough call because their fans like to purchase tickets IRREGARDLESS of how bad the opponent may be.

even after the ray-rice-donkey-punching, it still may cost more than a lower campus "steak & cheese" for a ticket
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:56 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:clemson is a tough call because their fans like to purchase tickets IRREGARDLESS of how bad the opponent may be.

even after the ray-rice-donkey-punching, it still may cost more than a lower campus "steak & cheese" for a ticket

My worry exactly. They are pretty when they travel though.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:17 am

12:30 start for Colorado St game. We better get the 3:30 slot for the Clemson game.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:39 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:12:30 start for Colorado St game. We better get the 3:30 slot for the Clemson game.

Win out until then and its yours.

Head of the Charles in Clemson weekend. I was just booking a hotel and it was more ridiculous than normal.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:03 pm

When buying individual game tickets from the BC site, what sections do I want to be in and which to avoid? Don't want to sit with visiting fans
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium