BC-Notre Dame at Fenway in football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC-Notre Dame at Fenway in football

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:47 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:My favorite part of these sessions is when it gets boringly redundant and he claims to be antagonizing someone that will pretty much argue about anything for the hell of it. Kudos, dude, you successfully started an argument with someone that argues all the time, you are so clever.

there is much B0mbirony in this post.

[img]stupid%20overused%20picture%20of%20bobber[/img]

It would only be ironic if I were claiming to be antagonizing you. I'm well aware that you are as full of shit as I am.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:40 pm

rollergirl wants to know if you're gonna fuck now
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:53 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Daz needs to dig deep into his trickeration playbook. Let it loose with the fumblerooksi, statue of liberty, double reverse flea flickers, fake punts, fake field goals, onside kicks etc...you name it, why not?

If it is 4th down on the ND 35 yd line and he does not think our field goal kickers are up to the task, doesn't it make more sense to go for the fake rather than the punt? A punt gets you what, 20 yards maybe?

TE-reverse-pass, that works every time!
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:My favorite part of these sessions is when it gets boringly redundant and he claims to be antagonizing someone that will pretty much argue about anything for the hell of it. Kudos, dude, you successfully started an argument with someone that argues all the time, you are so clever.

It would only be ironic if I were claiming to be antagonizing you. I'm well aware that you are as full of shit as I am.

that's part of the reason it is B0mbirony and not irony.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:07 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:rollergirl wants to know if you're gonna fuck now

Watched that movie the other night on Netflix. Heather graham was a such a smokeshow back then.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:09 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
If the defense has their best game of the season and We don't turn the ball over, then anything is possible. Add in a few trick plays which I'm sure Daz has been saving and a decent game by Fadule then why not? Bc's best games have historically been against ND like it or not. The players always get up for this game.

It will be tough to win but with this defense we keep it close and hopefully embarrass notre dame out of the playoffs.

You're deluding yourself. The defense is not playing as well as it did the first half of the season and the offensive coaches still call these games like they have something to lose. On top of that, ND needs to blow out BC to prove a point to the CFP committee because this game is going to kill their SOS ranking. The line is 16.5 and it should be almost double that in my estimation.

I'm hoping Yiadom coming back this week will shore things up.
This is daz's Super Bowl; I expect him to bring his coaching A game.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:13 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

that's part of the reason it is B0mbirony and not irony.

Fair point.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:13 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Despite Philly Intern's selective memory, I don't give a rat's ass which one plays because Wade is the QB for this team next year, but if I am going to have to watch the worst offense in football, I'll pass on the dude that chucks it up for 250 yards and 3 picks in a game that is never close for a chance to score with the guy that can't throw.

I'd like to see both guys back there at once. use smiths running ability, Fadule passing ability, and/or vice versa. These guys blocking couldn't be any worse than one of the starters up front.
Anything to cause a little confusion and be less predictable. We sure as hell aren't going to win this game or keep it close on talent so might as well trickeration the shit out of this game.

Fuck it, I'd take anything different than what we've been doing.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:14 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Despite Philly Intern's selective memory, I don't give a rat's ass which one plays because Wade is the QB for this team next year, but if I am going to have to watch the worst offense in football, I'll pass on the dude that chucks it up for 250 yards and 3 picks in a game that is never close for a chance to score with the guy that can't throw.

I'd like to see both guys back there at once. use smiths running ability, Fadule passing ability, and/or vice versa. These guys blocking couldn't be any worse than one of the starters up front.
Anything to cause a little confusion and be less predictable. We sure as hell aren't going to win this game or keep it close on talent so might as well trickeration the shit out of this game.

Using two QBs is the last thing I want to see again. Fuck. That.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Using two QBs is the last thing I want to see again. Fuck. That.

What if it was at the same time?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:38 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Watched that movie the other night on Netflix. Heather graham was a such a smokeshow back then.

Hansen, just to be clear:

Heather Graham (Rollergirl) was this character:

You are probably thinking of Phillip Seymour Hoffman (Scotty J.)

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby mod6A on Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:36 pm

can he block people?

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:52 pm

DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:14 pm

Is someone actually arguing we should use 2 QBs at once? Cmon guys...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Bunratty on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:36 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Daz needs to dig deep into his trickeration playbook. Let it loose with the fumblerooksi, statue of liberty, double reverse flea flickers, fake punts, fake field goals, onside kicks etc...you name it, why not?

If it is 4th down on the ND 35 yd line and he does not think our field goal kickers are up to the task, doesn't it make more sense to go for the fake rather than the punt? A punt gets you what, 20 yards maybe?

Great call. Hear Louie has a great arm. He can do it all.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:55 pm

Bunratty {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Great call. Hear Louie has a great arm. He can do it all.

He can't graduate soon enough.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:53 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

And it almost never happened. Paul Thomas Anderson never considered her for the part because he didnt think she would do the nude scenes. Her people reached out to him.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:54 pm

BC should go after every punt the last 2 games. Consider it an offensive play. Short passing game, screens to the backs, quick outs. Forget onside kicks, fake field goals, this team cannot protect long enough to set anything up and they cannot block well enough to pull off a fake punt or FG. Run back every kickoff, it's another offensive play.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:40 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Is someone actually arguing we should use 2 QBs at once? Cmon guys...

Can't be any worse than a carry up the middle for a 2 yard loss.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:51 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:BC should go after every punt the last 2 games. Consider it an offensive play. Short passing game, screens to the backs, quick outs. Forget onside kicks, fake field goals, this team cannot protect long enough to set anything up and they cannot block well enough to pull off a fake punt or FG. Run back every kickoff, it's another offensive play.

This line of thinking has been and is stupid. A wildly inaccurate QB throwing slants and outs to fucking Dudeck and Callahan who inevitably won't be open or will drop the ball is not brilliant offensive football.

I'm all for whatever plays will end these games and this season the quickest. Just keep running the dives plays at least the clock runs and it takes 4 plays for the other team to get the ball back.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:52 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Is someone actually arguing we should use 2 QBs at once? Cmon guys...

Can't be any worse than a carry up the middle for a 2 yard loss.

We'll need Smith at WR or DB next year I don't want him getting broken
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:05 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:BC should go after every punt the last 2 games. Consider it an offensive play. Short passing game, screens to the backs, quick outs. Forget onside kicks, fake field goals, this team cannot protect long enough to set anything up and they cannot block well enough to pull off a fake punt or FG. Run back every kickoff, it's another offensive play.

This line of thinking has been and is stupid. A wildly inaccurate QB throwing slants and outs to fucking Dudeck and Callahan who inevitably won't be open or will drop the ball is not brilliant offensive football.

I'm all for whatever plays will end these games and this season the quickest. Just keep running the dives plays at least the clock runs and it takes 4 plays for the other team to get the ball back.

I'm glad to hear this from someone when we pretty much get this question all the time whenever our O stalls. "Why do we only run long pass plays?" Because its easier to ask a guy to throw it 3 yards down the field and see if your WR can win the footrace. The 'slants' and 'quick outs' are called timing routes for a reason. They require TIMING and an accurate touch. Probably a reason we haven't seen these plays with any consistency since Ryan was here.

This is also why Flutie was a worse option than Smith. He doesn't have timing and accuracy and doesn't have an arm.

In short our offense just blows.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:24 am

Bad and inaccurate QBs run bubble screens every Saturday with success. BC's timing is terrible, but that's an easy throw and an easy throw to time with a little practice. BC's bigger problem on the bubble screens is WRs, TEs and pulling linemen that can't block for shit.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:32 am

I do not think they should throw more, but I do agree they should be more aggressive on special teams and on 4th down now that they really have nothing to lose.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:49 am

I do not think they should throw more, but I do agree they should be more aggressive on special teams and on 4th down now that they really have nothing to lose.

Yeah, now that a trip to Shrevesport is off the table, there's no incentive to play conservatively
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:59 am

You need to stop.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:29 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

You need to stop.

You're very cranky and demanding this morning. Did the Philadelphia Soul or something lose last night?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:37 am

i disagree. throwing more could lead to a very good game but i think that donkey kong is the best game ever
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:57 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

You need to stop.

You're very cranky and demanding this morning. Did the Philadelphia Soul or something lose last night?

As if, I haven't followed the Soul since the Tony Graziani era.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:31 pm

They should have been working on a short passing game all year. The QB does not have time to throw the ball down the field. Get the ball to Alston and T. Smith on the outside away from Sheldon Daly and hope they can break a big play with their speed.Does anyone actually believe we can run the read option on ND with the success we had against SC last season? WF moved the ball and should have scored 2 more TD's falling short at the 1 yard line both times. ND gives up a lot of points, but their offense bails them out with the deep ball. I think Don Brown will be ready.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium