Penn State

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Penn State

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:07 pm

but by negging karma it puts him that much further from being able to redeem the points for a Shinskie jersey. there are implications!
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:11 pm

BearTerritory {l Wrote}:Who does everyone like this weekend: Nebraska or Penn State?

Penn State. Win one for the Gipper.*

* - yes, that was sarcasm. I feel I need to clarify that in this emotionally charged thread.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:30 pm

It didn't take long for the feds to get involved:

http://meehan.house.gov/uploads/Meehan% ... Duncan.pdf
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:00 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:I have better things to do than "neg" your karma. Of course, in your world, no one else could possibly find you as stupid as I do. You're either 15, or you're 30 and you write like you're 15. Not sure which is worse.

If by "better things to do" you mean defending the indefensible, then have at it. You certainly changed your tune about the "hearsay" aspect of things when the GJ Testimony was printed and showed that Sandusky was anal raping and fellating young boys. You're either a member of NAMBLA, or you write like you want to be. Not sure which is worse.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:09 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:Paterno reported it, I think he is covered legally according to the grand jury report, it is up to the "person in charge of the school or institution" to report to the authorities after being informed by a staff member.

Oh snap. Regal is going to be all over your ass for being a pedophile.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ryrob on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:09 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:I have better things to do than "neg" your karma. Of course, in your world, no one else could possibly find you as stupid as I do. You're either 15, or you're 30 and you write like you're 15. Not sure which is worse.

If by "better things to do" you mean defending the indefensible, then have at it. You certainly changed your tune about the "hearsay" aspect of things when the GJ Testimony was printed and showed that Sandusky was anal raping and fellating young boys. You're either a member of NAMBLA, or you write like you want to be. Not sure which is worse.

Once again, missing the point and conflating arguments. Never change.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:13 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

I think someone may have touched Regal at some point in time. If so, my apologies Regal, I didn't mean to be so insensitive by suggesting that JoePa didn't commit a crime and had no duty to report what he heard second hand. Shame on me.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MTeagleCPA on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Is "Negging my Karma" an Encino Man reference?
MTeagleCPA
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:16 pm

MTeagleCPA {l Wrote}:Is "Negging my Karma" an Encino Man reference?

Is the Montana guy from EI? If so, welcome aboard, good poster.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MTeagleCPA on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:18 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MTeagleCPA {l Wrote}:Is "Negging my Karma" an Encino Man reference?

Is the Montana guy from EI? If so, welcome aboard, good poster.

I was stuck in traffic.
MTeagleCPA
n00b

Postby angrychicken on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:49 pm

I always knew Paterno was a pedophile. Have you ever heard the guy talk?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:08 pm

Here is what is somewhat confusing about the whole thing. If this missing DA was involved and decided not to prosecute, wouldn't that mean that it was reported to the authorities?
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:13 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

I think someone may have touched Regal at some point in time. If so, my apologies Regal, I didn't mean to be so insensitive by suggesting that JoePa didn't commit a crime and had no duty to report what he heard second hand. Shame on me.

Nice try on that one. I think a more realistic element to this is that you've been on their side of issue somewhere in your life. Perhaps you'll be googling how to destroy a hard drive in the near future as you doubt what may come of the site history you've been hitting up in recent time. I'm sorry if I find this shit at PSU repulsive and you think it's a legal case. I should remind you to think about things in terms of reality, and not some law text you need to write a legal brief on. This is the kind of disgusting behavior that drove me from Catholicism (I consider myself a Christian), and I believe those that perpetrated as well as those that enable abuse of children are the lowest scum on earth. It's really kind of sad that some, including yourself, are finding excuses for those involved. Keep up with your Expert Legal Spin on this case, and someday, if you find a woman that accepts you, maybe you'll have kids of your own. When one of them is sexually abused, and you come on here crying bloody murder, I'll be sure to point out that certain people that knew about the abuse but never reported it are innocent, and deserve no criticism. After all, it wasn't a legal requirement for them to do so. As long as you're OK with that, then I'll admit that you've been correct all along.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:19 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:Here is what is somewhat confusing about the whole thing. If this missing DA was involved and decided not to prosecute, wouldn't that mean that it was reported to the authorities?

One of the kid's moms reported it back in 2002. Not PSU officials.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:19 pm

I'm pretty sure that if I was told that a kid was getting buggered by an old man in the shower, I would at least call the cops. THAT'S JUST ME. :shrug
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:24 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Nice try on that one. I think a more realistic element to this is that you've been on their side of issue somewhere in your life. Perhaps you'll be googling how to destroy a hard drive in the near future as you doubt what may come of the site history you've been hitting up in recent time. I'm sorry if I find this shit at PSU repulsive and you think it's a legal case. I should remind you to think about things in terms of reality, and not some law text you need to write a legal brief on. This is the kind of disgusting behavior that drove me from Catholicism (I consider myself a Christian), and I believe those that perpetrated as well as those that enable abuse of children are the lowest scum on earth. It's really kind of sad that some, including yourself, are finding excuses for those involved. Keep up with your Expert Legal Spin on this case, and someday, if you find a woman that accepts you, maybe you'll have kids of your own. When one of them is sexually abused, and you come on here crying bloody murder, I'll be sure to point out that certain people that knew about the abuse but never reported it are innocent, and deserve no criticism. After all, it wasn't a legal requirement for them to do so. As long as you're OK with that, then I'll admit that you've been correct all along.

Newsflash: when people get arrested and indicted, it's a legal case.

I think the incident is horrible and they should all burn in hell. Everyone pretty much agrees, so it isn't very interesting. What is interesting is the retarded people that can't think about it rationally and start talking about the law, and then get pissed when lawyers correct them. If you had stuck with "this is horrible, I hope Kirby Puckett gets JoePa as a roomie" I wouldn't have commented on your post. When you fly off the handle about hearsay and legal consequences of a failure to report, you have invited the commentary on the blatantly relevant legal aspects of the incidents.

I can separate the two - the horrible immorality and the legal consequences. It is evident that you cannot. My apologies.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:27 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:I'm pretty sure that if I was told that a kid was getting buggered by an old man in the shower, I would at least call the cops. THAT'S JUST ME. :shrug

And if the report you received turned out to be incorrect you'd be in deep shit.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:42 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:I'm pretty sure that if I was told that a kid was getting buggered by an old man in the shower, I would at least call the cops. THAT'S JUST ME. :shrug

If you didn't, you'd be McQueer.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:36 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

And if the report you received turned out to be incorrect you'd be in deep shit.

Libel? or is there something in the reporting stuff?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:02 pm

Joe Paterno not knowing where the car is in the "PSU's Joe Paterno speaks" video...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/08/justice/p ... ?hpt=hp_t2
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:04 pm

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:23 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:Here is what is somewhat confusing about the whole thing. If this missing DA was involved and decided not to prosecute, wouldn't that mean that it was reported to the authorities?

One of the kid's moms reported it back in 2002. Not PSU officials.

In 1998, bro. Keep your eye on domingo's helpful timeline.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Mosi on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:25 pm

speaking of the Feds, question for the lawyers and those who play them on TV

isn't transporting a minor across state lines for the purpose of buggering the minor a federal crime???
"Felgie, you Kenmore Kommunity Kollege Eurotrash prettyboy, you're right about one thing, I'm a BC guy and my shit dosen't stink" Mosi on the whiner line 3/23/04
Mosi
McGuinn Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:45 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Not if I called from someone else's phone and disguised my voice.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:55 pm

Mosi {l Wrote}:speaking of the Feds, question for the lawyers and those who play them on TV

isn't transporting a minor across state lines for the purpose of buggering the minor a federal crime???

Ah, the principle of interstate cummerce.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:10 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Mosi {l Wrote}:speaking of the Feds, question for the lawyers and those who play them on TV

Ah, the principle of interstate cummerce.

So, how many posters are damned to Hell from this thread?
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby ryrob on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:13 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Hey clown, work on reading comprehension. My point at the time was that details were murky concerning what JoePa did / didn't know at the time of the McQueary report. I said I wasn't going to jump to conclusions until testimony proved what he was told by the GA and also what the admins above him told him regarding the investigation. While it's becoming more apparent now that he fucked up and looks pretty complicit in the assault by not following up, the point was that he didn't see it happen himself and was in a justifiably bad spot considering his role as an employee hearing a SECONDHAND report from a fellow employee, not as a school administrator. Hence the "hearsay" comment that you feel necessary to harp upon because you have the analytical abilities of Coach Chimp.
Last edited by ryrob on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby Shredder on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:13 pm

Yes. That's the Mann Act. It's most notably been used to prosecute polygamist leaders but it applies to all other sex crimes with minors.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:20 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Hey clown, work on reading comprehension. My point at the time was that details were murky concerning what JoePa did / didn't know at the time of the McQueary report. I said I wasn't going to jump to conclusions until testimony proved what he was told by the GA and also what the admins above him told him regarding the investigation. While it's becoming more apparent now that he fucked up and looks pretty complicit in the assault by not following up, the point was that he didn't see it happen himself and was in a justifiably bad spot considering his role as an employee hearing a SECONDHAND report from a fellow employee, not as a school administrator. Hence the "hearsay" comment that you feel necessary to harp upon because you have the analytical abilities of Coach Chimp.

Can the Mods please move this :slapfight to its own thread!!!!
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:37 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}: Hence the "hearsay" comment that you feel necessary to harp upon because you have the analytical abilities of Coach Chimp.

I'm on your side in this slapfight, Lover of Dog Rapists But Not Child Rapists, but you're wrong on this. Coach Chimp's analytical abilities are second to none.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium