explosions at marathon

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: explosions at marathon

Postby talon on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:47 pm

Does it matter who makes the arrest FBI vs BPD? There's no death penalty in Massachusetts, but Federal crimes can result capital punishment.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:48 pm

talon {l Wrote}:Does it matter who makes the arrest FBI vs BPD? There's no death penalty in Massachusetts, but Federal crimes can result capital punishment.

No, I think it only matters who charges him.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:49 pm

talon {l Wrote}:Does it matter who makes the arrest FBI vs BPD? There's no death penalty in Massachusetts, but Federal crimes can result capital punishment.

I don't think it matters who makes the arrest. I believe that so long as they do it in federal court, they can indict him for federal crimes.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:52 pm

Yeah I'd rather he rot in prison than see the death penalty.

Arrest made per various outlets. Not sure if it was related but there was apparently a bunch of sirens going around Comm Ave in the Allston area.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:00 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Yeah I'd rather he rot in prison than see the death penalty.

not me
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:01 pm

Opie is saying Non-White, Homegrown. It shouldn't matter (their identity doesn't undo what was done), but it will in the political fall-out arena (I mean... Barney Frank is linking this to sequester and the Slate has an OpEd saying they hope its a white male).

As for Reddit... how in the world did they get those pics? They have one of what they identify as Martin Richard on his dad's shoulders. They have another of Krystle Campbell dead.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:02 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Opie is saying Non-White, Homegrown. It shouldn't matter (their identity doesn't undo what was done), but it will in the political fall-out arena (I mean... Barney Frank is linking this to sequester and the Slate has an OpEd saying they hope its a white male).

As for Reddit... how in the world did they get those pics? They have one of what they identify as Martin Richard on his dad's shoulders. They have another of Krystle Campbell dead.

The photo of the woman checking Campbell's pulse has been all over the internet.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleNYC on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:06 pm

It's true that it doesn't matter who makes the arrest. It's also true that depending on the crime he can be prosecuted by the feds and executed in MA. The authorities are going to make sure that everything is by the book, because the blood lust is significant.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Opie is saying Non-White, Homegrown. It shouldn't matter (their identity doesn't undo what was done), but it will in the political fall-out arena (I mean... Barney Frank is linking this to sequester and the Slate has an OpEd saying they hope its a white male).

The photo of the woman checking Campbell's pulse has been all over the internet.

I hadn't seen it and think it in poor taste. I'd hate to be a relative of Campbell's knowing that pics like that are floating around (or, worse if I happened upon it).

Here is CBS Boston's article on the capture. Seems that they have little doubt that they got the guy who put the bag at the Forum. I wonder if they have evidence of him doing the same outside Sugar Heaven.
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/17/c ... nce-video/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I don't think it matters who makes the arrest. I believe that so long as they do it in federal court, they can indict him for federal crimes.

Don't worry, counselor. Menino's printing out the Death Penalty Permission Form off LegalZoom right now. Cittya Bossun's gonna hang diss guy demselves.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:12 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I hadn't seen it and think it in poor taste. I'd hate to be a relative of Campbell's knowing that pics like that are floating around (or, worse if I happened upon it).

Here is CBS Boston's article on the capture. Seems that they have little doubt that they got the guy who put the bag at the Forum. I wonder if they have evidence of him doing the same outside Sugar Heaven.
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/17/c ... nce-video/

I agree its in poor taste, just saying there is no mystery as to where most of the photos are coming from.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan99 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:29 pm

Moakley courthouse is going to be a freaking zoo within minutes if not already.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:32 pm

Yeah, I am hearing that they've arrested a suspect and there's a crowd gathered at Moakley awaiting the arrival.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:33 pm

Newest reports are that no arrest has been made - Fox, CNN etc
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:36 pm

well done cnn, they backtracked
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:37 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Newest reports are that no arrest has been made - Fox, CNN etc

My Fox and CNN all say arrest made. Maybe I am getting cached versions.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:37 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:well done cnn, they backtracked

That's what they get for trusting CanaryCunt as a source.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:39 pm

Fox was saying they independently confirmed it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:40 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Newest reports are that no arrest has been made - Fox, CNN etc

TV reports were saying no arrest at the time I posted. (after saying there were arrests for an hour or so)
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:40 pm

The Globe now says they have a source confirming the arrest.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:41 pm

WTF.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:41 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Yeah, I am hearing that they've arrested a suspect and there's a crowd gathered at Moakley awaiting the arrival.

There's an EO source that confirms Moakley is a zoo right now
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:42 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Yeah, I am hearing that they've arrested a suspect and there's a crowd gathered at Moakley awaiting the arrival.

There's an EO source that confirms Moakley is a zoo right now

Are there happy people in Houston? Can anyone confirm that???
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:42 pm

This is getting ridiculous. Can't they just arrest a couple of guineas and fry them?
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:42 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

TV reports were saying no arrest at the time I posted. (after saying there were arrests for an hour or so)

Herald, Globe, CNN and Fox all saying they have independent sources confirming the arrest. I have seen no retraction online. I have no TV access, I am pretending to work.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:45 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

The issue is that various law enforcement sources are saying different things to different people. Meghan Kelly kind of punted and said "reporters are not making it up but credible sources tell us different things at different times"

CNN said - 2 very high ranking sources working to the investigation say despite reports no arrest yet.

This happened 10 or so minutes ago so may have changed again

No longer watching TV so my reports will cease at this time. Orange, over and out
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:52 pm

CNN Time-line

CNN) -- [Breaking news update at 2:44 p.m. Wednesday]
Investigators in Washington and Boston denied Wednesday that an arrest had been made in the bombing of the Boston Marathon. They had earlier said there was "substantial" progress in the case.
[Breaking news update at 2:36 p.m. Wednesday]
There is conflicting information as to whether someone has been arrested in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings. A federal law enforcement source told CNN's Fran Townsend that someone was arrested. But later, two senior administration officials and another federal official told Townsend that there had been a misunderstanding among officials and that no one has been arrested.
[Original story, posted at 2:22 p.m. Wednesday]
Authorities arrested a suspect Wednesday in the fatal bombings at the Boston Marathon, a federal law enforcement source told CNN's Fran Townsend.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:53 pm

Seems to me the news leaked and the feds are pissed and want it retracted until either their 5 pm news conference or tomorrow morning.

No way do they talk about IDing a suspect if they haven't taken him into custody yet and run the risk of this person going into hiding.

Maybe they want to get him into Moakley under the cover of darkness in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep to avoid a lynch mob situation.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:53 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:Seems to me the news leaked and the feds are pissed and want it retracted until either their 5 pm news conference or tomorrow morning.

No way do they talk about IDing a suspect if they haven't taken him into custody yet and run the risk of this person going into hiding.

Maybe they want to get him into Moakley under the cover of darkness in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep to avoid a lynch mob situation.

That's what I was thinking.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:55 pm

I will ask the lawyers on the site

Is it possible they are trying to avoid arresting this guy to avoid him having access to a lawyer? Could they classify him as a terrorist and bypass constitutional rights? I realize that this is not the way O'Bama rolls but just asking
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium