UConn

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: UConn

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:28 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:This is a disaster. I get adding UConn at home to make a shitty OOC more appealing to some segment of the season ticket holders, with at least 7 home games and some local opponents. BUT now the New Hampshire Gazette is reporting that as part of the deal, the 2016 BC-UMass game is moving to Gilette.

So:
- 6 Home Games in 2016, with basically a straight swap between UMass and UConn
- 6 Home Games in 2017, with two road OOC at N.Illinois and at UConn

Did Bates not even negotiate?

Bates is the Neville Chamberlin of negotiators.

The Gilette game is more tailgating hours and less of a hassle. Once a year I fail to see the problem.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:20 am

i liked the Gillette game, especially when it meant not giving up a home game. I'd take 6 home games if it meant we were:
a) playing p5 teams. but that isn't happening, I'm sure bates will work with the acc to get whatever maction we schedule next to count
2) losing the Friday game when we have 6 home games

they didn't allow more tailgating pregame, though one thing they do allow is you to drive onto the lots early as long as you don't start tailgating. that's an easy win for bates. limits the backup on comm ave for the brighton fuckheads and gives the cattle who line up to tailgate a little more freedom
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:36 am

i want a 7 game home schedule because i enjoy going to campus on a saturday and spending time with friends and complaining as i watch the team for 3 hours. id rather do this than whatever else id be doing

this is why i want a 7 game schedule
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:39 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i want a 7 game home schedule because i enjoy going to campus on a saturday and spending time with friends and complaining as i watch the team for 3 hours. id rather do this than whatever else id be doing

:flagus
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:02 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i want a 7 game home schedule because i enjoy going to campus on a saturday and spending time with friends and complaining as i watch the team for 3 hours. id rather do this than whatever else id be doing

This home schedule was as boring as I can ever remember. Replacing Howard with NMST makes it equally as boring.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:42 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This home schedule was as boring as I can ever remember. Replacing Howard with NMST makes it equally as boring.

I go to gamedays at BC for reasons other than the opponent

if you look at it under your lens, I think few would disagree.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:53 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I go to gamedays at BC for reasons other than the opponent

if you look at it under your lens, I think few would disagree.

Yes. It is very different. You go to complain to friends and then later complain on a messageboard, he goes to complain real time on a messageboard
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:10 am

I go to games to watch football live.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I go to games to watch football live.

I do as well which is why the schedule is boring
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2014 Eagle on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:18 pm

Couldn't agree more
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:26 pm

2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:

Couldn't agree more

I'm not sure if commave was being serious. I know the last thing he wants to do on Labor Day Weekend is be at Boston College.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:08 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:

Couldn't agree more

I'm not sure if commave was being serious. I know the last thing he wants to do on Labor Day Weekend is be at Boston College.

I do find it interesting that he makes a point of saying he won't go Labor Day Weekend but insists on 7 home games.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:16 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

But the weather has been nice! Weather & kickoff time are far more important to me than the opponent*.

*I like BC football
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby h2o on Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:53 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:

Couldn't agree more

I do find it interesting that he makes a point of saying he won't go Labor Day Weekend but insists on 7 home games.

That;s because cag is a whiny bitch who likes to complain about everything and make it sound like he's paying 5K for a tailgate spot when he's probably chipping in with 20 of his buddies.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:18 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:

Couldn't agree more

That;s because cag is a whiny bitch who likes to complain about everything and make it sound like he's paying 5K for a tailgate spot when he's probably chipping in with 20 of his buddies.

yep thats me

I'm being serious about the 7 games. while obviously I'm not giving up my labor day, there are few places id rather be in october (and september when its not 85 degrees out). i think outside of labor day, I've missed 1 home game the last 10 years.

as it were now - a 6 game home schedule will more often than not line up as:
-labor day game
-friday night game
-4 saturday games

id rather have 5 saturday games than 4 saturday games.

obviously if giving up home games resulted in better opponents, id be all for it. i loved the USC trip and would like to make more like it. Unfortunately, under the master, that is seemingly not in the cars.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium