Duke Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Duke Week

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:56 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Oh, and you listed 3 WTF losses/ties for Coughlin in 3 years. That Coughlin team wasn't a top tier team - they could upset top tier teams. They also lost shitty games.

OK, so Jags lost to a shitty FSU team, a horrendous MD team, and a pretty good VT team. Logan and Bicknell took a good roster and had some success with them, taking advantage of the most glaring lack of team talent in conference history. Coughlin took a program in bad shape, turned it around quickly, played a much harder schedule, and had them competing with and beating top level teams in the country.

I'm not sure what's blinding you more - the words "ACC Championship Game" or Jags' Crest-whitened chiclets.

Losing to FSU and Maryland will never be losing to Rutgers, no matter how you cut it. And VT was ranked 8th when BC beat them in their house.

And crediting the assistants for all the success is hysterical.

I get it though, its the same reason BC's shitty fans liked the Daywalker - go 9-3 and beat ND and you're a legend forever.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:58 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Oh, and you listed 3 WTF losses/ties for Coughlin in 3 years. That Coughlin team wasn't a top tier team - they could upset top tier teams. They also lost shitty games.

OK, so Jags lost to a shitty FSU team, a horrendous MD team, and a pretty good VT team. Logan and Bicknell took a good roster and had some success with them, taking advantage of the most glaring lack of team talent in conference history. Coughlin took a program in bad shape, turned it around quickly, played a much harder schedule, and had them competing with and beating top level teams in the country.

I'm not sure what's blinding you more - the words "ACC Championship Game" or Jags' Crest-whitened chiclets.

Losing to FSU and Maryland will never be losing to Rutgers, no matter how you cut it. And VT was ranked 8th when BC beat them in their house.

I get it though, its the same reason BC's shitty fans liked the Daywalker - go 9-3 and beat ND and you're a legend forever.

you're kind of mowing my lawn here buddy.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:01 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

You missed a spot
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

You missed a spot

I was just taking a break!
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby MrAwesomeII on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:34 pm

I am making a triumphant reappearance here to express my extreme bewilderment at the posters who are once again touting "Jagzzzz". A man suffering from mild retardation and unable to wear clothes or use phones properly, "Jagzzz" existence was most responsible for the program's struggles since 2009. Please look at his life since he left BC. Dont compare "Jagzzzz" to Tom Coughlin. Just dont.
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:43 pm

One thing you're all forgetting - of all these coaches, Dan Henning had the most tight ends. All tight end offense!
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:46 pm

Wake up the Echoes!
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:19 pm

MrAwesomeII {l Wrote}:I am making a triumphant reappearance here to express my extreme bewilderment at the posters who are once again touting "Jagzzzz". A man suffering from mild retardation and unable to wear clothes or use phones properly, "Jagzzz" existence was most responsible for the program's struggles since 2009. Please look at his life since he left BC. Dont compare "Jagzzzz" to Tom Coughlin. Just dont.

Blame the guy who won 20 games and was here for all of two recruiting cycles. Don't point the finger at Gene and of course don't point the finger at Spaz who couldn't keep a staff together (unless they were breaking up a Spaz fight), was a terrible game manager, and never used all his scholarships.

Win Pct at BC
Jags: .714
TOB: .625
Coughlin: .614
Daz: .566
Bick: .517
Henning: .458
Spaz: .431
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:36 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
MrAwesomeII {l Wrote}:I am making a triumphant reappearance here to express my extreme bewilderment at the posters who are once again touting "Jagzzzz". A man suffering from mild retardation and unable to wear clothes or use phones properly, "Jagzzz" existence was most responsible for the program's struggles since 2009. Please look at his life since he left BC. Dont compare "Jagzzzz" to Tom Coughlin. Just dont.

Blame the guy who won 20 games and was here for all of two recruiting cycles. Don't point the finger at Gene and of course don't point the finger at Spaz who couldn't keep a staff together (unless they were breaking up a Spaz fight), was a terrible game manager, and never used all his scholarships.

Win Pct at BC

You know that's an alias right?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:48 pm

It isnt just 'an alias'; it's the second iteration of an alias of a Spanish-speaking parody poster of a pretend alias for a sports blogger who isnt ATL.

FWIW, a gypsy once told me that SenorAwesomeIII will be a sort of John-the-baptist for the coming of Tonto's Wang.

Wang Wang Million
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:59 pm

i think the spanish speaking parody poster arrived sometime after mr. awesome's death and mr. awesomeii's birth.

i do not think the spanish and english speaking screen names are related
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:00 pm

Senor Awesome is not affiliated with this version of MrAwesome.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:14 pm

I love it when two of campion's aliases reply back to tell me that two other of campion's alisases aren't campion. Thanks guys!
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:14 pm

And then campion's best alias gets all high and mighty about it. Jerk.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:17 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:I love it when two of campion's aliases reply back to tell me that two other of campion's alisases aren't campion. Thanks guys!

i read somewhere recently that campion joined whalepants in the great beyond. i cannot confirm or deny that what i read was true
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:20 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:And then campion's best alias gets all high and mighty about it. Jerk.

i appreciate you saying that i am campion's best aliass, chaz, but we all know that either [space] or herzylax22 was campion's best aliass
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MrAwesomeII on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:47 pm

Gentlemen, I come here to set the record straight. "Jagzzz" conned GDF into giving him the job, rode a great team to a couple of ACCCG's, barely recruited, and acted like a certified flake during his time here. I do not dispute he had a good record, but, hey, Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl, didnt he?? I understand GDF hired him, and then compounded that mistake by hiring Spaziani, but what I posted was that but for the EXISTENCE of "Jagzzz", the program wouldnt have bottomed out like it did. Quod Erat Demonstrandum.
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:50 pm

So Duke is apparently discounting tickets because of the complete lack of interest and the impending hurricane. Let's assume that we have a tropical depression on Saturday--heavy rain, winds around 30 MPH. How many fans actually attend this game? 100? 200? It is going to make a 90s Temple game at the Vet look like a sell out.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:00 pm

MrAwesomeII {l Wrote}:Gentlemen, I come here to set the record straight. "Jagzzz" conned GDF into giving him the job, rode a great team to a couple of ACCCG's, barely recruited, and acted like a certified flake during his time here. I do not dispute he had a good record, but, hey, Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl, didnt he?? I understand GDF hired him, and then compounded that mistake by hiring Spaziani, but what I posted was that but for the EXISTENCE of "Jagzzz", the program wouldnt have bottomed out like it did. Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

spaz was there before jags so that part of your awesome explanation doesn't really work.

other than that, good for you
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:01 pm

This place could use a Jagzzz mopper
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:01 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:So Duke is apparently discounting tickets because of the complete lack of interest and the impending hurricane. Let's assume that we have a tropical depression on Saturday--heavy rain, winds around 30 MPH. How many fans actually attend this game? 100? 200? It is going to make a 90s Temple game at the Vet look like a sell out.

that will perfectly sum up the feelings of the few in attendance...
"it sucks me in, it sucks it works
i guess it's cool to be alone"
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby tallsy on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:03 pm

Are there people seriously arguing that Jagz was a better coach than Coughlin?

Jags was great, and he worked a miracle in 08 to get to the ACCCG. But let's be real. We are looking at him through the prism of :toby and :spaz2 He inherited a very talented team with #1 draft pick at QB and still lost to Maryland and people are dramatically overrating 07 VaTech who got pistol whipped by Kansas in the Orange Bowl. All of this was in a historically down ACC when cartoon snake won it, and the division made Jim Grobe (33-33-1 at Ohio) look like a genius.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:06 pm

The point being made was that memory has replaced 9-3 with a WTF loss and one big win over ND Tom Coughlin with 2-time Super Bowl Champ Tom Coughlin. The Tom Coughlin that coached at BC was a great coach, but people pretending BC reached elite levels then, or did anything to exceed what Jags accomplished, are delusional.

No one was really breaking down their Xs and Os, just their Ws and Ls. Which for most other fan bases is the bottom line.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:07 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Win Pct at BC

What's the FBS winning percentages?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:09 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:And then campion's best alias gets all high and mighty about it. Jerk.

i appreciate you saying that i am campion's best aliass, chaz, but we all know that either [space] or herzylax22 was campion's best aliass

If herzylax22 was an alias, then someone please insert the mind blown jpg here.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:17 pm

tallsy {l Wrote}:Are there people seriously arguing that Jagz was a better coach than Coughlin?

Jags was great, and he worked a miracle in 08 to get to the ACCCG. But let's be real. We are looking at him through the prism of :toby and :spaz2 He inherited a very talented team with #1 draft pick at QB and still lost to Maryland and people are dramatically overrating 07 VaTech who got pistol whipped by Kansas in the Orange Bowl. All of this was in a historically down ACC when cartoon snake won it, and the division made Jim Grobe (33-33-1 at Ohio) look like a genius.

ummmm, if bc was in the acccg then cartoon snake would not have been in the orange bowl in the same year.

(channelling my best nospace) *hands on hips and disapproving look on face* you see, tallsy, bc and wake forest are in the same division in the acc. each year that bc played vpi in the acccg and lost, vpi went on to play in the orange bowl. cartoonie snake played the year prior when they lost to now conference mate louisville.

i remember this like it was yesterday because i succinctly remember being afraid of my wife and hating all women during each one of those games (end channeling of nospace)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:18 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

If herzylax22 was an alias, then someone please insert the mind blown jpg here.

i take it back. hansen is campion's worst aliass
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:30 pm

God damnit, people. You have to, at some point, accept that people were good at BC.

Except hansen. He was never good.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby tallsy on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:55 pm

tallsy {l Wrote}:Are there people seriously arguing that Jagz was a better coach than Coughlin?

ummmm, if bc was in the acccg then cartoon snake would not have been in the orange bowl in the same year.

(channelling my best nospace) *hands on hips and disapproving look on face* you see, tallsy, bc and wake forest are in the same division in the acc. each year that bc played vpi in the acccg and lost, vpi went on to play in the orange bowl. cartoonie snake played the year prior when they lost to now conference mate louisville.

i remember this like it was yesterday because i succinctly remember being afraid of my wife and hating all women during each one of those games (end channeling of nospace)

I'm talking about the historically down period of the ACC which is obviously more than one year. Just like Grobe's "genius" wasn't based on one year.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:57 pm

grobe's genius was based on one year
TobaccoRoadEagle