explosions at marathon

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: explosions at marathon

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:59 am

A friend just forwarded me a thread on reddit where the internet's army of creeps and stalkers found a guy in the crowd with a backpack matching the one that blew up. It's one my work machine, not this one, so I don't have a link, but I'm sure a redditor type could find it quickly.

This is the same people who, from a few seconds of anonymous video a few years ago, tracked down a woman who drowned puppies in a river. She was in Croatia or something like that and they found her in short order. Given the amount of video, photo, etc., evidence, its not outside the realm of possibility that even if blue robe guy isn't it, these kinds of people will solve these sorts of crimes in the future.

Wild.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:27 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:Look at the poor dude's hands as the adrenaline wears off. Can't even imagine how traumatic it'd be to witness an injury like that. That's some "Saving Private Ryan" shit. Ugh. Really hope that poor victim makes it.

Dealing with that now. No idea what to say.

I've got to imagine she's seen some really horrific things that make this more extreme that what my girlfriend saw, so she may want to think about talking to someone too when she's had a little time to process (not IB).

Definately not me. We don't offer any kind of help in these situations because of rent seeking legal protections for credentialed professionals.

Teddy I do hope everything goes well for you and your gf. I'm sorry she went through this.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby mod17b on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:28 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:A friend just forwarded me a thread on reddit where the internet's army of creeps and stalkers found a guy in the crowd with a backpack matching the one that blew up. It's one my work machine, not this one, so I don't have a link, but I'm sure a redditor type could find it quickly.

This is the same people who, from a few seconds of anonymous video a few years ago, tracked down a woman who drowned puppies in a river. She was in Croatia or something like that and they found her in short order. Given the amount of video, photo, etc., evidence, its not outside the realm of possibility that even if blue robe guy isn't it, these kinds of people will solve these sorts of crimes in the future.

Wild.

http://www.reddit.com/r/findbostonbombers/comments/1cii4n/blue_robe_guy/
mod17b
n00b

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:36 am

mod17b {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:A friend just forwarded me a thread on reddit where the internet's army of creeps and stalkers found a guy in the crowd with a backpack matching the one that blew up. It's one my work machine, not this one, so I don't have a link, but I'm sure a redditor type could find it quickly.

Wild.

That's insane. There are some brilliant people on there and some that would be the dumbest person on this message board.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:39 am

mod17b {l Wrote}:

Wild.

wow.

"they" will find you wherever you go.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:41 am

I think I'd go with diligent over brilliant. It's mostly guess and over-analyze.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:43 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I think I'd go with diligent over brilliant. It's mostly guess and over-analyze.

To me the brilliance is the technological savvy. The guess and analysis is nothing special and in a lot of cases, dumb.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:47 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I think I'd go with diligent over brilliant. It's mostly guess and over-analyze.

To me the brilliance is the technological savvy. The guess and analysis is nothing special and in a lot of cases, dumb.

It took them several pages to work out which location was which.

But I agree, the technical stuff is cool.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:52 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Not helping their often poor speculative ability is that many of them seem to be allowing their politics to guide their assumptions.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:53 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Not helping their often poor speculative ability is that many of them seem to be allowing their politics to guide their assumptions.

That and a lot of them are presuming guilt and then being disappointed when said guilt is disproved. I understand the sentiment but this has Richard Jewell 2.0 written all over it.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby micheagle on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:30 am

I realize that this is in execrable taste, and that it is too soon. Though I am a horrible person in general, I try to deal with tragedy through humor.

So here goes.....How soon until Campion can post pictures of Uta Pippig at the '96 marathon under this same heading?
micheagle
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:32 am

It's not bad taste. Humor is good. Campion was just not funny.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:33 am

Joe Andruzzi, who's gotten a lot of attention for the cpiture and video of him helping an injured woman and her family get to safety, has this to say:

‘While I appreciate the interest in hearing our perspective on today’s horrific events, the spotlight should remain firmly on the countless individuals – first responders, medics, EMTs, runners who crossed the finish line and kept on running straight to give blood, and the countless civilians who did whatever they could to save lives,’ he said.

‘They were the true heroes. Our thoughts prayers go out to all those affected by this senseless tragedy.’

Great guy. He's right in what he says, but he's also one of those people he mentions.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:34 am

Andruzzi is a class act. Weren't his brothers all FDNY?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:36 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Andruzzi is a class act. Weren't his brothers all FDNY?

Yeah. It makes sense. You can see a firefighter or first responder who got an inordinate amount of attention for his actions saying something just like this.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:46 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Joe Andruzzi, who's gotten a lot of attention for the cpiture and video of him helping an injured woman and her family get to safety, has this to say:

‘While I appreciate the interest in hearing our perspective on today’s horrific events, the spotlight should remain firmly on the countless individuals – first responders, medics, EMTs, runners who crossed the finish line and kept on running straight to give blood, and the countless civilians who did whatever they could to save lives,’ he said.

‘They were the true heroes. Our thoughts prayers go out to all those affected by this senseless tragedy.’

Great guy. He's right in what he says, but he's also one of those people he mentions.

yup

+5 for b0mber
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:52 am

innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:52 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:My office is nearby, on Arlington Street. I had taken the day off to go to a Marathon party in Brookline, so I was nowhere nearby when it happened.

We were tailgating outside along Beacon Street and cheering on the runners. Another group of tailgaters from the building had set up a big screen TV on the lawn so everyone could watch the Red Sox game. There were army guys marching the marathon with full backpacks, many of them carrying flags. I noticed a few running by me on the sidewalk, one of them yelling something on his walkie talkie. I didn't think much of it, because a lot of the army guys had people walking with them to cheer them on, so I thought maybe they were coordinating that.

Not long after that we cleaned the tailgate up and went inside. My girlfriend and I were going to head back to her place in Brookline, and her friends were going to head downtown. Then someone got a text about explosions at the finish line and we turned on the TV. We spent the net 4+ hours watching the news.

A year ago my office with on Boylston, at the next block. Last year I couldn't take Marathon Monday off because of a big meeting so I was there, and in the afternoon I'd gone over to check out the finish line and hang around near the bleachers.

that is scary, I am glad you are all right.

Thanks. I'm back in the office today. They have gates closing off St. James right now. This morning they built a huge tent that I can see out my office window- not sure if it's a command center or something like that. They're taking it down now. I'm going to see what Copley's like this afternoon.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:54 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I suppose I should update as well, as I realized I had a cryptic last post yesterday. GF was on the patio at Atlantic Fish. She got very lucky, had some hearing issues and is really sore from getting knocked down, but avoided any serious injury. Shaken by what she saw but hanging in. Fence probably helped a lot, as the second explosion was about a storefront away. We're pretty thankful.

That is simply unbelievable how fortunate she was. The Forum (next door) is where a lot of those bloody pictures were taken from. That second blast also seems to have been the more powerful of the two... and from where the majority were injured.

They almost went to Forum. And I almost left work at 2:30 yesterday to make the 20 minute walk through the Common and down Boylston to join them. Like I said, we're thankful. According to her, the people on the Atlantic Fish patio were fortunate, the people outside that area were not so lucky. I won't post pictures here, but in the overhead shots of Forum taken last night by helicopter, you can see that there is a divider between the two bars - a fence and some high trees.

Jesus that's scary. I'm glad you guys are okay.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:56 am

There's an nbcnews.com article here that at the bottom mentions a JD/MBA candidate at BC is in serious condition. Feel free to click the link. Don't know why but I feel weird posting her name here: if someone knows who she is and didn't see the news. Or sparing her family and friends the embarrassment of having her Google search returned results including a link to this mad house.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:10 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:There's an nbcnews.com article here that at the bottom mentions a JD/MBA candidate at BC is in serious condition. Feel free to click the link. Don't know why but I feel weird posting her name here: if someone knows who she is and didn't see the news. Or sparing her family and friends the embarrassment of having her Google search returned results including a link to this mad house.

She's been changed to serious from critical - good sign.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:12 pm

At the risk of sounding like a recruiting weirdo who predicts we'll all be happy about something in Houston, I've been told that there are definite leads but the authorities have done an amazing job clamping down on leaks so far. I know nothing so take that for what it's worth.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:14 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:At the risk of sounding like a recruiting weirdo who predicts we'll all be happy about something in Houston, I've been told that there are definite leads but the authorities have done an amazing job clamping down on leaks so far. I know nothing so take that for what it's worth.

Yeah CNN is saying that they believe they've identified a suspect.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:21 pm

beginning to pick up steam that there will be an announcement this afternoon

a security camera apparently got a clear shot of the guy
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:24 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:a security camera apparently got a clear shot of the guy

Department store near the site of the second bombing has to be Lord and Taylor or Crate and Barrel
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby shockdoct on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:a security camera apparently got a clear shot of the guy

Department store near the site of the second bombing has to be Lord and Taylor or Crate and Barrel

THey are saying lord and taylor.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby BCdee on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:28 pm

There should be a public execution on the Boston Common.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:34 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:There should be a public execution on the Boston Common.

YES. Fitting since that was one of the original uses for the Common.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:38 pm

Take it for what it's worth but Opie (of the Opie and Anthony show) announced 30 minutes prior to CNN and is also saying that his source indicates that the suspect is currently in custody of BPD. Will post the twitter feed in a bit

https://twitter.com/OpieRadio

I have no idea if this is credible just heard it on the radio
Last edited by NotoriousOrange on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:41 pm

GF said she just saw a photo right after the second blast of her being carried into Atlantic Fish by a random guy that was there. I will probably never get the opportunity, but I'd like to shake that guy's hand.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium