explosions at marathon

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: explosions at marathon

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:23 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:You shut the fuck up asshole. Law enforcement leaks all the time. And since Brennan was just on TV essentially confirming the type and design, it would appear that the composition of the device is now known.

I wasn't talking to you, try to keep up.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:24 pm

Just read the pressure cooker article on the news wire... Article says its a regular tactic in Nepal, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and the failed Times Square attack. So, not sure how this sort of information spreads through the sorts of people who would do this, but if it's a mechanism that is familiar and has been used in the past, that should narrow it down a whole bunch.

Vile.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:25 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:If this article is correct... and the bombs were in 6-liter pressure cookers stuffed in shrapnel-filled black duffle bags... I simply can't understand how the eff they don't have pics and video of this guy hauling these things already. This wouldn't be a simple backpack... this is a freaking large and heavy bag.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 6-05-26-46

They DO have video.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/a ... PDGIjYBalO
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Boston has a shit ton of cctv, especially in and around T stations. Believe me, they have pictures. Agree with Pedro, not sure why you are surprised they haven't called you to look at them yet.

I have no doubt that the imagery exists but searching through it obviously takes some time in a crowded area with lots of motion in the video. That said, law enforcement is not going to reveal that they know the identity of the subject(s) until they are either captured or there is a calculated advantage to doing so.

I would be very surprised if this attack was carried out by a single individual. I expect it was carried out by a pair of individuals.
Last edited by hansen on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:30 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:If this article is correct... and the bombs were in 6-liter pressure cookers stuffed in shrapnel-filled black duffle bags... I simply can't understand how the eff they don't have pics and video of this guy hauling these things already. This wouldn't be a simple backpack... this is a freaking large and heavy bag.

They DO have video.

hasn't pretty every word in this article been debunked since yesterday?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:30 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

They DO have video.

Which is kind of the larger point being made.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:33 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

They DO have video.

you never know with civil
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:35 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

They DO have video.

you never know with civil

Fair, but he is crazy, not stupid. I suspect him capable of such subtlety. Whether everyone got it or not is another story.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:55 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Boston has a shit ton of cctv, especially in and around T stations. Believe me, they have pictures. Agree with Pedro, not sure why you are surprised they haven't called you to look at them yet.

I would be very surprised if this attack was carried out by a single individual. I expect it was carried out by a pair of individuals.

Agree. Obviously not 9/11 sophistication but 2 bombs 1 block apart within 12 seconds of each other would be difficult for one person, I would think. Plus, 2-for-2, no duds.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:45 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}: 2 bombs 1 block apart within 12 seconds of each other would be difficult for one person, I would think. Plus, 2-for-2, no duds.

Not really.

And I'm not really sure I buy the 24-hours-later denial of 1-3 other unexploded devices having been found.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby bcguy11 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:47 pm

I didn't see this posted anywhere here so I don't know if any of you had seen it yet....

http://nesn.com/2013/04/boston-college-students-organizing-walk-to-finish-boston-marathon/

Here's the text from the Facebook group. Has over 12,000 people attending so far:

"In light of today's tragedy, let's remember, honor, and stand up for all those affected by the incident that occurred at the 117th Boston Marathon. We invite everyone to join us on Friday, April 19 at 4:30pm to walk from BC to Boston to stand united. For anyone who did not get to finish, For anyone who was injured, and For anyone who lost their life...we will walk. We will walk to show that we decide when our marathon ends. "
bcguy11
n00b

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:13 pm

This kid's picture has been allover the media. But the ones I've seen up till now were all cropped not to show his legs. Now I know why. I can't wait till they catch the pieces of shit that did this. Do not view unless you have a strong stomach:

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013/04/photos-of-the-boston-marathon-bombing/100495/#img08
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:22 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:This kid's picture has been allover the media. But the ones I've seen up till now were all cropped not to show his legs. Now I know why. I can't wait till they catch the pieces of shit that did this. Do not view unless you have a strong stomach:

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013/04/photos-of-the-boston-marathon-bombing/100495/#img08

That is disturbing. I didn't even think that was possible.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:42 pm

That is so gruesome it almost looks fake.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby BCdee on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:15 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:This kid's picture has been allover the media. But the ones I've seen up till now were all cropped not to show his legs. Now I know why. I can't wait till they catch the pieces of shit that did this. Do not view unless you have a strong stomach:

FoxNews was broadcasting a live feed yesterday and he was on the news being wheeled by. I almost thought I was seeing things...so so sad. I hope he survived. There is a special place in hell for whoever did this.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:31 pm

My mind cannot comprehend what I just saw in that photo.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:55 pm

BU grad student is 3rd death so far.

8-year old from Dorchester.
29-year old woman from Medford.
BU female grad student (unknown age)

Rot in hell to whoever did this.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby NJM89 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:07 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

FoxNews was broadcasting a live feed yesterday and he was on the news being wheeled by. I almost thought I was seeing things...so so sad. I hope he survived. There is a special place in hell for whoever did this.

Here is the guy pushing him.

Looks like the man in the wheelchair has a decent chance of surviving thanks to that guy. He is a true hero.

http://sandrarose.com/2013/04/jeff-the-man-in-the-wheelchair-is-in-critical-but-stable-condition/
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby branchinator on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Look at the poor dude's hands as the adrenaline wears off. Can't even imagine how traumatic it'd be to witness an injury like that. That's some "Saving Private Ryan" shit. Ugh. Really hope that poor victim makes it.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:30 pm

God bless the students who's hearts are in the right places, and I'm sure they only thought maybe a hundred people or so might join them, but is it really a good idea for 15000 people to walk from BC to Copley Square on Friday at 4:30? Will it still be an actively investigated crime scene?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:04 pm

talon {l Wrote}:God bless the students who's hearts are in the right places, and I'm sure they only thought maybe a hundred people or so might join them, but is it really a good idea for 15000 people to walk from BC to Copley Square on Friday at 4:30? Will it still be an actively investigated crime scene?

as soon as you let the terrorists alter your daily plans or effect the very decisions of how to lead your life, you are letting the terrorists win.

is this a dangerous idea? maybe, but it's a amazing way to stand in solidarity against all the motherfuckers who hate this country and the freedom it stands for.

god bless america :flagus

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:07 pm

Shut up Hansen
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:15 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Here is the guy pushing him.

Looks like the man in the wheelchair has a decent chance of surviving thanks to that guy. He is a true hero.

http://sandrarose.com/2013/04/jeff-the-man-in-the-wheelchair-is-in-critical-but-stable-condition/

The BU girl who died was a Chinese citizen.

I'll try to find the article, but I believe the guy you are referring to has tragically lost two kids (one from suicide and another from a sniper in Iraq).

Edit: here's the article. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/boston-mar ... 65%2Cd.dmg
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:21 pm

talon {l Wrote}:Shut up Hansen

hey talon, did someone steal your image?

oh, the ironing.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:35 pm

Where the fuck is Maxquad???
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:50 pm

talon {l Wrote}:God bless the students who's hearts are in the right places, and I'm sure they only thought maybe a hundred people or so might join them, but is it really a good idea for 15000 people to walk from BC to Copley Square on Friday at 4:30? Will it still be an actively investigated crime scene?

@LukeRussert
A BC official tells me that it appears the City of Boston will ask the students not to proceed. 11k walking creates issues for BPD.

Makes sense, give it time
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:11 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:Look at the poor dude's hands as the adrenaline wears off. Can't even imagine how traumatic it'd be to witness an injury like that. That's some "Saving Private Ryan" shit. Ugh. Really hope that poor victim makes it.

Dealing with that now. No idea what to say.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:15 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:Look at the poor dude's hands as the adrenaline wears off. Can't even imagine how traumatic it'd be to witness an injury like that. That's some "Saving Private Ryan" shit. Ugh. Really hope that poor victim makes it.

I can't imagine how difficult it would be to address this. My only thought, and I write it here in all seriousness and only as a meager suggestion, is that you might want to look at memoirs of Civil War era nurses, who saw and dealt with shattered limbs constantly and many of whom found someway to continue to view the world positively. Perhaps there would be some inspiration.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:21 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

While I'm not in your position right now, last year my girlfriend was in an accident while on an island off the coast of Haiti. Long story short, the brakes on the truck she and other teachers were riding in failed while going down a hill. The driver steered them into the mountainside to avoid going into a ravine. She was thrown clear, but a few people with her were trapped under the flipped truck. She had some minor surgery, others had much more done including having a pelvis rebuilt. The next 48 hours for all of them consisted of learning about how well off we actually have it with our current medical care system compared to other places.

When she got back, she was really shaken up. There was a lot of tense moments just getting into a car, seeing something on TV. Then frustration. Anger. I would be prepared to go through a range of emotions, often in succession with each other, sometimes directed at you for no apparent reason. I think I did ok all things considered. I'd just listen. Let her go when she needs to get it out. Don't try to solve anything, but just be there, offer what you can when she asks.

I've got to imagine she's seen some really horrific things that make this more extreme that what my girlfriend saw, so she may want to think about talking to someone too when she's had a little time to process (not IB).
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:29 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

While I'm not in your position right now, last year my girlfriend was in an accident while on an island off the coast of Haiti. Long story short, the brakes on the truck she and other teachers were riding in failed while going down a hill. The driver steered them into the mountainside to avoid going into a ravine. She was thrown clear, but a few people with her were trapped under the flipped truck. She had some minor surgery, others had much more done including having a pelvis rebuilt. The next 48 hours for all of them consisted of learning about how well off we actually have it with our current medical care system compared to other places.

When she got back, she was really shaken up. There was a lot of tense moments just getting into a car, seeing something on TV. Then frustration. Anger. I would be prepared to go through a range of emotions, often in succession with each other, sometimes directed at you for no apparent reason. I think I did ok all things considered. I'd just listen. Let her go when she needs to get it out. Don't try to solve anything, but just be there, offer what you can when she asks.

I've got to imagine she's seen some really horrific things that make this more extreme that what my girlfriend saw, so she may want to think about talking to someone too when she's had a little time to process (not IB).

I appreciate it and your advice is good all the way around.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium