2016 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2016 Recruiting Thread

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:274 just tweeted that Donald Stewart (6'4/190 3* WR) from Paramus Catholic is planning on visiting BC. Was thought to be headed to Michigan, then Stanford offered and became his leader. Kind of surprised he would still take a BC visit this late in the process as many thought Stanford was a lock.

Seeing Flutie get in the game on Saturday has undoubtedly changed things!
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:55 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:274 just tweeted that Donald Stewart (6'4/190 3* WR) from Paramus Catholic is planning on visiting BC. Was thought to be headed to Michigan, then Stanford offered and became his leader. Kind of surprised he would still take a BC visit this late in the process as many thought Stanford was a lock.

Looks like it's basically down to BC,MICH,and Stanford. He's huge on academics so the list makes sense. I think it's interesting that BC has jumped back into this at this point. Michigan has 23 commits already not sure how many they want and they already have 2 WRs with atleast two other commits that could play WR. Who knows if he has a spot anymore there. Stanford has 16 and only 1 WR. Again not sure what there numbers situation looks like although I would think he's still got that option. I haven't looked into the numbers too much. Regardless this looks like one that they may just be able to steal after keeping after a kid that looked like a long shot. Even with a numbers crunch I'd find it hard to believe they wouldn't make room for him.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby DuxEagle26 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:17 pm

Stewart is the big,fast game changing receiver we need. Kid better be treated like royalty
Where are my pants?

DuxEagle26
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:34 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

Looks like it's basically down to BC,MICH,and Stanford. He's huge on academics so the list makes sense. I think it's interesting that BC has jumped back into this at this point. Michigan has 23 commits already not sure how many they want and they already have 2 WRs with atleast two other commits that could play WR. Who knows if he has a spot anymore there. Stanford has 16 and only 1 WR. Again not sure what there numbers situation looks like although I would think he's still got that option. I haven't looked into the numbers too much. Regardless this looks like one that they may just be able to steal after keeping after a kid that looked like a long shot. Even with a numbers crunch I'd find it hard to believe they wouldn't make room for him.

A few other things on Stewart ...

1) The Syracuse people seem to think they are in the #3 spot behind Stanford and Michigan and that they would be his choice should he not be admitted to Stanford and Michigan is full at WR. They are largely clueless/delusional in regards to recruiting so I wouldnt read much into that.

1B) Syracuse apparently told KJ Gray they were full at WR when he was committing (even though I think Grays decision came down to BC and Rutgers) so assuming that is true, Syracuse could be out for Stewart (again this could just be Syracuse people making things up because they whiffed on Gray and they are delusional)

1C) Wake already has 3 WR's committed while Syracuse has 1 committed WR and Moe Neal who is kind of a hybrid WR/RB (in addition to the numbers provided above for UM and Stanford)

2) This article (http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2015/08/donald_stewart_wide_receiver_syracuse_football.html?hootPostID=b156ba255f1f075840a8826fed5ca6d8) claims he is setting up visits at Cuse, Wake and BC

3) It appears that he is friendly with Anthony Brown outside of football which should help BC's case. Brown was up at BC for the opener (and it sounds like Stewart has been to BC with Brown before) but not sure if he is going up again.

If BC is able to finish off the class with Niang and Donald Brown (and possibly Ben Walls from St. Joes Prep in Philly) I would feel much better for some of the early flyers this year like Bletzer and Leonard.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:10 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

A few other things on Stewart ...

1) The Syracuse people seem to think they are in the #3 spot behind Stanford and Michigan and that they would be his choice should he not be admitted to Stanford and Michigan is full at WR. They are largely clueless/delusional in regards to recruiting so I wouldnt read much into that.

1B) Syracuse apparently told KJ Gray they were full at WR when he was committing (even though I think Grays decision came down to BC and Rutgers) so assuming that is true, Syracuse could be out for Stewart (again this could just be Syracuse people making things up because they whiffed on Gray and they are delusional)

1C) Wake already has 3 WR's committed while Syracuse has 1 committed WR and Moe Neal who is kind of a hybrid WR/RB (in addition to the numbers provided above for UM and Stanford)

2) This article (http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2015/08/donald_stewart_wide_receiver_syracuse_football.html?hootPostID=b156ba255f1f075840a8826fed5ca6d8) claims he is setting up visits at Cuse, Wake and BC

3) It appears that he is friendly with Anthony Brown outside of football which should help BC's case. Brown was up at BC for the opener (and it sounds like Stewart has been to BC with Brown before) but not sure if he is going up again.

If BC is able to finish off the class with Niang and Donald Brown (and possibly Ben Walls from St. Joes Prep in Philly) I would feel much better for some of the early flyers this year like Bletzer and Leonard.

I think Niang is certainly a big time possibility, BC is in great shape. The OL class is a good one. Ragan is severely underrated on the sites. I wouldn't be surprised if he shows out at the semper fi game. I actually really like Leonard. Tough hard nosed road grater. I think he surprises some people. To me OL rankings are a crapshoot. Each team has different things they look for and obviously run different blocking schemes etc. if there's one position I'll have faith in with this staff it's the OL. I definitely would like another DB in this class. Whether that's Walls or if somebody like Tyler Coyle can get the grades it'd be a good addition. Coyle would have a lot more offers then he does if there was clarity on his grades situation. It's still iffy.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:54 pm

BC top 5 for MD 4 star Safety Eric Burrell. Think as of now BC is back end of that top 5 but a great OV can change that.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby bc41irish39 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:20 am

John McGuirk ‏@patsfan1313 · 7m7 minutes ago
St. John's OG Sean Ragan has been selected to the Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl on Jan. 3 in California.#RoadToGillette
bc41irish39
n00b

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:22 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:BC top 5 for MD 4 star Safety Eric Burrell. Think as of now BC is back end of that top 5 but a great OV can change that.

Who else made Burrells top 5 ? I assume Nebraska and Duke were in that group, what other 2 ?
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:15 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:BC top 5 for MD 4 star Safety Eric Burrell. Think as of now BC is back end of that top 5 but a great OV can change that.

Who else made Burrells top 5 ? I assume Nebraska and Duke were in that group, what other 2 ?

Wisconsin and Cuse. Seems like he's going to take his over for the VT game.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:49 pm

eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:43 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Watch this. Anthony Brown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj6XxV4oGpk

Benefited from a hell of a block.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:21 pm

Remember when folks wondered whether BC could ever recruit a dual-threat QB? Wade, Flutie, Smith, Robinson and Brown... I think we have the answer.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:38 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Remember when folks wondered whether BC could ever recruit a dual-threat QB? Wade, Flutie, Smith, Robinson and Brown... I think we have the answer.

ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby Bunratty on Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:50 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Remember when folks wondered whether BC could ever recruit a dual-threat QB? Wade, Flutie, Smith, Robinson and Brown... I think we have the answer.

Yep. But I am still wondering if BC can recruit a real WR.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:25 am

We didn't wonder whether BC could, we wondered why Jags and Logan couldn't.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:35 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

http://www.nfl.com/player/dominiquedavi ... 29/profile
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:53 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

http://www.nfl.com/player/dominiquedavi ... 29/profile

He rushed for 313 yards in 2 seasons at ECU. Just because he wasn't the right color for Spaz doesn't mean he was a dual threat QB
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:41 pm

Despite 247 going 100% BC for Lucas Niang, it appears he has cut his list to 5 with BC not on the list (per twitter) ...

DaveRuden: New Canaan offensive tackle Lucas Niang has narrowed his choices to 5 schools: Miami, Rutgers, TCU, Auburn and Oregon #cthsfb

Not sure if this is a reliable source or not, seems strange that one of the national recruiting guys on 247 (with a strong prediction success rate) would make selection for BC on 9/7/15 and then this comes out 4 days later
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:32 pm

That list reads like a kid with academic issues. Rutgers being on it with all that is going on down there would make it seem that he has few real options.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:29 am

HJS {l Wrote}:That list reads like a kid with academic issues. Rutgers being on it with all that is going on down there would make it seem that he has few real options.

Per Rivals, Northwestern, Wisconsin and BC are all recruiting him yet none have officially offered. That screams admissions issues.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:30 am

Dele Harding, a 2016 Mich LB commit, will be on an official tonight. I'd love to hear that convo with Haabaa explaining this trip! :popcorn :angrychicken :popcorn
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby L35guy on Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:09 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:That list reads like a kid with academic issues. Rutgers being on it with all that is going on down there would make it seem that he has few real options.

Per Rivals, Northwestern, Wisconsin and BC are all recruiting him yet none have officially offered. That screams admissions issues.

Oddly, ESPN and 247 both show Niang as having a BC offer
L35guy
Carney Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:17 pm

Tucky has signed his LOI today and will supposedly be an early enrollee. :banana :banana :skank :banana :banana
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:23 pm

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:Tucky has signed his LOI today and will supposedly be an early enrollee. :banana :banana :skank :banana :banana

Ive read that Anthony Brown is contemplating enrolling early as well. Was the Tucky news in the story on TOS today ? Anything else of note from that article ?
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby 31southst on Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:45 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:Tucky has signed his LOI today and will supposedly be an early enrollee. :banana :banana :skank :banana :banana

Ive read that Anthony Brown is contemplating enrolling early as well. Was the Tucky news in the story on TOS today ? Anything else of note from that article ?

BC may still take a few more in this class, meaning it will likely end in the 18 or so range everyone expected in the beginning (reports of a 12 person class notwithstanding).
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:33 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/akaEthanTuck ... 48/photo/1

Anthony Brown might enroll early as well. That's what TGOSB part duex said.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:54 pm

This is a bit off topic, however, perhaps worth mentioning since he prepped in CT and held a BC offer (and possibly had a legacy connection to BC if I remember correctly). Chris Clark from Avon Old Farms, who was considered top TE in 2015 class, left UCLA after being on campus for a month (he had previously decommitted from UNC and Michigan).

UCLA officially gave him his transfer documents and he has since set up official visits to NCSU, Pitt and UVA. I'm not sure of the time frame with his transfer or if BC would ever get involved, but could be a good piece in Addazios system in a Bordner type roll. On the surface it seems like he's more trouble than he's worth, but worth mentioning.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:37 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

Great news. We should be able to take a total of 3 early.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby QuailMan on Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:03 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:This is a bit off topic, however, perhaps worth mentioning since he prepped in CT and held a BC offer (and possibly had a legacy connection to BC if I remember correctly). Chris Clark from Avon Old Farms, who was considered top TE in 2015 class, left UCLA after being on campus for a month (he had previously decommitted from UNC and Michigan).

UCLA officially gave him his transfer documents and he has since set up official visits to NCSU, Pitt and UVA. I'm not sure of the time frame with his transfer or if BC would ever get involved, but could be a good piece in Addazios system in a Bordner type roll. On the surface it seems like he's more trouble than he's worth, but worth mentioning.

This kid is a clown
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:15 am

Found the answer to our kicking woes: creativity! Hope this kid is still available!

dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium