2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby 31southst on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:49 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
bruisertm {l Wrote}:Jeff Badet to USF

I don't think a huge loss all things considered. With limited spots left, probably a blessing in disguise.

While there are multiple examples to be made of pointing out Spaz losing guys to inferior programs, this isn't one. I really don't think Badet still had an offer at this point.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby Shaddix on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Is BC still into Taylor Wrice?
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby NJM89 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:07 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
joesim {l Wrote}:Can u post the article?

- Taylor is the only true WR left on the board but it's not 100% guaranteed BC has a spot for him anymore
- Callinan is being recruited as more of an ATH and BC is in better shape with him that JR previously thought
- BC would still take Fred Coppet given Willis's versatility
- For OL, we'd take the first of Knighton or Tetlow (and it sounds like maybe no one if we go 0/2)
- In searching for positives, despite Isaacs being a soft verbal for so long, there hasn't been much movement away from BC
- Overall, looks like 1-3 more takes on offense

So is that 1-3 just for offense or do we still have room for guys on defense, (Montgomery, Maurice, etc). Would like another DT in this class.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby 31southst on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:16 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
joesim {l Wrote}:Can u post the article?

- Taylor is the only true WR left on the board but it's not 100% guaranteed BC has a spot for him anymore
- Callinan is being recruited as more of an ATH and BC is in better shape with him that JR previously thought
- BC would still take Fred Coppet given Willis's versatility
- For OL, we'd take the first of Knighton or Tetlow (and it sounds like maybe no one if we go 0/2)
- In searching for positives, despite Isaacs being a soft verbal for so long, there hasn't been much movement away from BC
- Overall, looks like 1-3 more takes on offense

So is that 1-3 just for offense or do we still have room for guys on defense, (Montgomery, Maurice, etc). Would like another DT in this class.

Offense only. JR will do defense tomorrow but my guess is 1-2 more DL, 0-1 more LB, and 0-1 more DB.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby Shaddix on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Boyle's been keeping track of BC's recruiting on rivals https://twitter.com/T_Boyle_07/status/2 ... 04/photo/1
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby joesim on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:19 am

What's the defense recruits article on EA say?
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:23 am

joesim {l Wrote}:What's the defense recruits article on EA say?

-they only have 3-4 more schollies(this is inexcusably retarded if true);
-they would still take Hurst (in the .0001% chance he'd flip) and Montgomery if they wanted to commit;
-since the above is not at all likely, they will look at Kevin Maurice and Donnie White;
-they may be involved with a linebacker from Virginia named Oren Burks;
-they have not offered a linebacker named Al-Rasheed Benton (there must have been information they had elsewhere);
-they are not recruiting any more DBs.

Basically we have no chance with any defensive recruits except maybe Maurice and White, also we will continue to bank schollies for no good reason.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby StayBlessed on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:14 pm

:spaz2
Last edited by StayBlessed on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StayBlessed
Carney Hall

Postby StayBlessed on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:16 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

-they would still take Hurst (in the .0001% chance he'd flip) and Montgomery if they wanted to commit;
-since the above is not at all likely, they will look at Kevin Maurice and Donnie White;
-they have not offered a linebacker named Al-Rasheed Benton (there must have been information they had elsewhere);

Basically we have no chance with any defensive recruits except maybe Maurice and White, also we will continue to bank schollies for no good reason.

So no Morrison?
StayBlessed
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:42 pm

StayBlessed {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

So no Morrison?

reading not that much between the lines, no.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:21 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I am now onboard with banking. It just allows our new coach to turn the roster over with his recruits that much faster.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:46 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I am now onboard with banking. It just allows our new coach to turn the roster over with his recruits that much faster.

I agree unless the firing is not done expeditiously. If we retain Spazoo until say late December, I would be concerned that we'd lose the few recruits in the class with BCS offers in the time in between staffs and the new coach(unless they came from a BCS program) would have inadequate time to build a new class. In that instance, I'd be happier(slightly) to have a few more Spaz type recruits just to fill the class I guess.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Shaddix on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:46 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I agree unless the firing is not done expeditiously. If we retain Spazoo until say late December, I would be concerned that we'd lose the few recruits in the class with BCS offers in the time in between staffs and the new coach(unless they came from a BCS program) would have inadequate time to build a new class. In that instance, I'd be happier(slightly) to have a few more Spaz type recruits just to fill the class I guess.

Back to the next head coach thread! Oh how easily we can get sidetracked....
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby fs33 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:22 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Disagree, the regular attrition that comes with a coaching change will make room for full classes whenever the new coach is hired.
fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby EagleDave on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:37 pm

fs33 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Disagree, the regular attrition that comes with a coaching change will make room for full classes whenever the new coach is hired.

There won't be any attrition because, for many of these recruits, BC is their lone BCS level offer. Unless they just want out of BC, they aren't going anywhere unless they're forced out
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby Shaddix on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:43 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
fs33 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

There won't be any attrition because, for many of these recruits, BC is their lone BCS level offer. Unless they just want out of BC, they aren't going anywhere unless they're forced out

And that's not a bad thing, helps keep committed players and schollies level
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby EagleDave on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:51 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
fs33 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

And that's not a bad thing, helps keep committed players and schollies level

As long as Spaz keeps banking them like CD's it's fine. It will give the new coach wiggle room if he chooses not to pull the rug out from under the kids who don't belong but are staying (ie, the majority).
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Mike Fischer: @FischFilet73 "I'm honored and blessed today to have officially signed on to play football for Boston College this year. This is truly a dream come true"

sounds like we got a new commit. can't find anything on the kid...makes me a little worried

EDIT: 6'2" Safety out of Virginia who runs a 4.5

Alright sounds like Virginia and Duke were also interested but no offer
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:37 pm

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:Mike Fischer: @FischFilet73 "I'm honored and blessed today to have officially signed on to play football for Boston College this year. This is truly a dream come true"

sounds like we got a new commit. can't find anything on the kid...makes me a little worried

Homophobic
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:40 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
joeyfenn {l Wrote}:Mike Fischer: @FischFilet73 "I'm honored and blessed today to have officially signed on to play football for Boston College this year. This is truly a dream come true"

Homophobic

I read that too and wasn't too pleased. Who the fuck puts that on their twitter? Considering telling him to take it down. He's not off to a good start
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby Shaddix on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:03 pm

The kid you're looking at is from the class of 2004
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:09 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Shit I'm dumb, sorry for that. So now this kid is really nonexistent. DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby Shaddix on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:11 pm

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Shit I'm dumb, sorry for that. So now this kid is really nonexistent. DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH

I think he's from Massachusetts, maybe Needham. Could be a walk on or he could have committed to BC in another sport. I don't believe he's on scholly
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:30 pm

Looks to have gone to St. Sebs, Long Snapper, 6'1 265. Really no clue outside of that.

BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:46 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Looks to have gone to St. Sebs, Long Snapper, 6'1 265. Really no clue outside of that.

Wouldn't get too excited about long snappers or kickers.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:58 pm

If he who must not be named was still here there would be an obligatory Jack Geiser post
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:14 am

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Homophobic

I read that too and wasn't too pleased. Who the fuck puts that on their twitter? Considering telling him to take it down. He's not off to a good start

Is my sarcasm detector not working?
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:18 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
joeyfenn {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Homophobic

No he honestly has that written under his bio on twitter.
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:30 am

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
joeyfenn {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Homophobic

This is a very confusing thread. For domingoortiz or anyone else not following as I was not, the recruits twitter page (I am embarassed to say I looked this up) has the word "homophobic" right under his twitter name. If your not familiar with twitter it would be in the same place where Buster Olney's twitter page says "Senior baseball writer for ESPN the magazine"

So Mike Fisher is to homophobic as Buster Olney is to Senior Baseball writer for ESPN the magazine or something.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:17 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
joeyfenn {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
joeyfenn {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Homophobic

This is a very confusing thread. For domingoortiz or anyone else not following as I was not, the recruits twitter page (I am embarassed to say I looked this up) has the word "homophobic" right under his twitter name. If your not familiar with twitter it would be in the same place where Buster Olney's twitter page says "Senior baseball writer for ESPN the magazine"

So Mike Fisher is to homophobic as Buster Olney is to Senior Baseball writer for ESPN the magazine or something.

Thank you. I do not twitter
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium