Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:13 pm

In 2016, the Brown essentially traded Carson Wentz for a bunch of draft picks.
In 2017, one of those draft picks became Deshaun Watson, who Cleveland traded to Houston.
Based on all of this, I am convinced that Sam Darnold will be the 1st overall pick.
7-6... and lovin’ it
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13711
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 208

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby Shoreagle on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:53 pm

HJS wrote:In 2016, the Brown essentially traded Carson Wentz for a bunch of draft picks.
In 2017, one of those draft picks became Deshaun Watson, who Cleveland traded to Houston.
Based on all of this, I am convinced that Sam Darnold will be the 1st overall pick.


It's almost like the script to that shitty Kevin Costner movie.
Shoreagle
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:46 pm
Karma: 94

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:54 pm

Shoreagle wrote:
HJS wrote:In 2016, the Brown essentially traded Carson Wentz for a bunch of draft picks.
In 2017, one of those draft picks became Deshaun Watson, who Cleveland traded to Houston.
Based on all of this, I am convinced that Sam Darnold will be the 1st overall pick.


It's almost like the script to that shitty Kevin Costner movie.

operation dumbo drop?
Tom Dooder wrote: If [anthony brown's] performance made you nervous, you're a fucking pussy...
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20637
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5690

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:16 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
Shoreagle wrote:
HJS wrote:In 2016, the Brown essentially traded Carson Wentz for a bunch of draft picks.
In 2017, one of those draft picks became Deshaun Watson, who Cleveland traded to Houston.
Based on all of this, I am convinced that Sam Darnold will be the 1st overall pick.


It's almost like the script to that shitty Kevin Costner movie.

operation dumbo drop?

He said shitty movie.
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14712
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2895

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:52 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
Shoreagle wrote:
HJS wrote:In 2016, the Brown essentially traded Carson Wentz for a bunch of draft picks.
In 2017, one of those draft picks became Deshaun Watson, who Cleveland traded to Houston.
Based on all of this, I am convinced that Sam Darnold will be the 1st overall pick.


It's almost like the script to that shitty Kevin Costner movie.

operation dumbo drop?

He said shitty movie.


Waterworld? The Postman?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30068
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2396

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:18 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
Shoreagle wrote:
HJS wrote:In 2016, the Brown essentially traded Carson Wentz for a bunch of draft picks.
In 2017, one of those draft picks became Deshaun Watson, who Cleveland traded to Houston.
Based on all of this, I am convinced that Sam Darnold will be the 1st overall pick.


It's almost like the script to that shitty Kevin Costner movie.

operation dumbo drop?

He said shitty movie.


Waterworld? The Postman?


For Love of the Game?
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"
User avatar
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 am
Karma: 412

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:40 pm

BCMurt09 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
Shoreagle wrote:
HJS wrote:In 2016, the Brown essentially traded Carson Wentz for a bunch of draft picks.
In 2017, one of those draft picks became Deshaun Watson, who Cleveland traded to Houston.
Based on all of this, I am convinced that Sam Darnold will be the 1st overall pick.


It's almost like the script to that shitty Kevin Costner movie.

operation dumbo drop?

He said shitty movie.


Waterworld? The Postman?


For Love of the Game?

Robin Hood, no mention of tights
Tom Dooder wrote: If [anthony brown's] performance made you nervous, you're a fucking pussy...
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20637
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5690

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:24 pm

twballgame9 wrote:Pats are not trading Garappolo for a second.

Image
7-6... and lovin’ it
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13711
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 208

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:16 am

HJS wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Pats are not trading Garappolo for a second.

Image


Did we trade him to Bosco?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30068
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2396

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby HJS on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:38 am

twballgame9 wrote:
HJS wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Pats are not trading Garappolo for a second.

Image


Did we trade him to Bosco?

Image
7-6... and lovin’ it
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13711
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 208

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:22 am

HJS wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
HJS wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Pats are not trading Garappolo for a second.

Image


Did we trade him to Bosco?

Image


About as lame as you highlighting other people's wrong predictions. That's also probably non-bomber ironic
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30068
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2396

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby HJS on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:22 am

Hue Jackson is all pissy about losing out on Garoppalo. I take it that his venting means that he is not long for that team. That said, Jackson is an absolutely horrific GM... a FB version of Billy King. He was the guy who traded a 2012 1st rounder and a 2013 2nd rounder for a retired Carson Palmer (who was then traded to the Cards for a 2014 7th rounder and a swap of 6th round picks).
https://sports.yahoo.com/hue-jackson-pu ... 10565.html
7-6... and lovin’ it
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13711
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 208

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:21 am

Except that was Al Davis. Unless, of course, Hue Jackson has been so bad of a GM that they never even dignified him with the job title.

Edit: Turns out Al had died 10 days earlier so there was a weird vacuum where Mark Davis and Amy Trask negotiated the trade after star QB Jason Campbell went down while the Raiders were trying to make the playoffs for the first time since they lost in the SB to Tampa. Mark Davis looks to be the one who ultimately made the decision.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--pump-the-brakes--raiders--trade-for-carson-palmer-wasn-t-nearly-as-bad-as-some-claim-140818102.html
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5095
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 612

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:27 pm

What's more Browns, trading for AJ McCarron or forgetting to call it into the league because you were celebrating?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5095
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 612

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby basselope on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:00 pm

Actually more Browns is trading a 2 & 3 for McCarron in the 1st place.
NFL office saw McCarron trade and was like “we’ve got to save theses idiots from themselves”
User avatar
basselope
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Louisville, Ohio
Karma: 518

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:04 pm

basselope wrote:Actually more Browns is trading a 2 & 3 for McCarron in the 1st place.
NFL office saw McCarron trade and was like “we’ve got to save theses idiots from themselves”


I LAUGHED.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13904
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 252

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby HJS on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:17 pm

The real question is whether the voided trade means McCarron can't add his name to the famed QB jersey.
7-6... and lovin’ it
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13711
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 208

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby basselope on Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:11 pm

I thought we had a shot this week
Guess not

Image
User avatar
basselope
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Louisville, Ohio
Karma: 518

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:18 pm

flyingelvii wrote:Except that was Al Davis. Unless, of course, Hue Jackson has been so bad of a GM that they never even dignified him with the job title.

Edit: Turns out Al had died 10 days earlier so there was a weird vacuum where Mark Davis and Amy Trask negotiated the trade after star QB Jason Campbell went down while the Raiders were trying to make the playoffs for the first time since they lost in the SB to Tampa. Mark Davis looks to be the one who ultimately made the decision.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--pump-the-brakes--raiders--trade-for-carson-palmer-wasn-t-nearly-as-bad-as-some-claim-140818102.html

So, word is leaking out that Hue Jackson is the one who pushed through the AJ McCarron deal. And... Football Ops Sashi Brown intentionally missed the deadline because the trade was ridiculous. A charge that Brown doth protest too much, methinks.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2131 ... and-browns
7-6... and lovin’ it
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13711
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 208

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby basselope on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:42 pm

Image
User avatar
basselope
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Louisville, Ohio
Karma: 518

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:13 am

The Browns traded for Tyrod Taylor in exchange for a 3rd round pick
:laugh
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 7583
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 115

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:07 am

DomingoOrtiz wrote:The Browns traded for Tyrod Taylor in exchange for a 3rd round pick
:laugh


And I believe that third round pick is the first one in the third round.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3786
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 142

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby basselope on Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:56 pm

Image
User avatar
basselope
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Louisville, Ohio
Karma: 518

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby basselope on Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:59 pm

Image
User avatar
basselope
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Louisville, Ohio
Karma: 518

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:14 pm

basselope wrote:Image


Every time this thread pops up, I think "That poor bastard Bassy..."
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 am
Karma: 66

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:32 am

Tyrod's not a savior by any means, but the Bills used him pretty poorly in terms of how his skillset should be used, all in the name of having a "system."

No guarantees the Browns are smarter about how they use him given they are the Browns but...
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9456
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2662

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby RegalBCeagle on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:53 am

b0mberMan wrote:Tyrod's not a savior by any means, but the Bills used him pretty poorly in terms of how his skillset should be used, all in the name of having a "system."

No guarantees the Browns are smarter about how they use him given they are the Browns but...


Beyond tearing up BC's defense with his legs, Taylor sucks.
User avatar
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2522
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:55 pm
Karma: 295

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:09 pm

RegalBCeagle wrote:
b0mberMan wrote:Tyrod's not a savior by any means, but the Bills used him pretty poorly in terms of how his skillset should be used, all in the name of having a "system."

No guarantees the Browns are smarter about how they use him given they are the Browns but...


Beyond tearing up BC's defense with his legs, Taylor sucks.


Just jingle your keys and remember how great he was in high school, and that's all that matters. That and LANE STADIUM.
User avatar
TontoKowalski
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:20 pm
Karma: 1834

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby angrychicken on Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:13 am

Image
User avatar
angrychicken
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15820
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:39 pm
Karma: 15461

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:02 am

I like the Mayfield pick. :shrug
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14712
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2895

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MF73-Eleazar and 7 guests

Untitled document