Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:37 pm

Inherent in the 3.5x more students is a lot more alumni, as well.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 28569
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2264

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:55 pm

twballgame9 wrote:Inherent in the 3.5x more students is a lot more alumni, as well.

ok
beiber, justin
clinton, bill
cosby, bill
hawking, stephen
hefner, hugh 9 points
jong-un, kim
lange, artie
odom, lamar
sheen, charlie
wayne, l'il
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19136
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5465

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:40 pm

b0mberMan wrote:
PhillyandBCEagles wrote: At least helping her back on board necessitated pulling a GHWB (ironic, since he is a national hero in her home country)

Georgian?


Kuwait
PhillyandBCEagles
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2163
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:28 pm
Karma: 392

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:04 am

PhillyandBCEagles wrote:
b0mberMan wrote:
PhillyandBCEagles wrote: At least helping her back on board necessitated pulling a GHWB (ironic, since he is a national hero in her home country)

Georgian?


Kuwait

Oh I think it's the other Bush that they love in Georgia now that you mention it. They may not have even been a country when HW was grabbing butts on Air Force 1
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9157
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2608

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:41 am

b0mberMan wrote:
PhillyandBCEagles wrote:
b0mberMan wrote:
PhillyandBCEagles wrote: At least helping her back on board necessitated pulling a GHWB (ironic, since he is a national hero in her home country)

Georgian?


Kuwait

Oh I think it's the other Bush that they love in Georgia now that you mention it. They may not have even been a country when HW was grabbing butts on Air Force 1


Yeah, Georgia and Albania love Dubya
PhillyandBCEagles
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2163
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:28 pm
Karma: 392

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:24 am

How are ticket sales going for BC? Will we bring 15k fans to the game?
As long as I'm breathing, I'll sing for the Metro...

Promotion/Relegation? GFY.

Image
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -66

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:35 am

MF73-Eleazar wrote:How are ticket sales going for BC? Will we bring 15k fans to the game?

Today, Meatbaum tweeted that tickets "continue to move well."
#FireAddazio
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14069
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2832

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:11 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:How are ticket sales going for BC? Will we bring 15k fans to the game?

Today, Meatbaum tweeted that tickets "continue to move well."

BC had an allotment of 6k. By Wednesday, I was told they were half gone. Further, when you buy tickets through BC, you do not get a specific seat. The Bowl doesn't release specific tickets to the schools on Day One. So, if you want to be certain you are sitting in a specific location, you have to purchase through Ticketmaster. As a result, there is no way to know precisely how many tickets fans from either school purchase. As with the PSU game, you really won't know until game day (midway through the 2nd quarter when the BC fans get to their seats).
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13290
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 151

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:14 pm

HJS wrote: As with the PSU game, you really won't know until game day (midway through the 2nd quarter when the BC fans get to their seats).



:whammy
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 28569
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2264

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:04 pm

What are the odds Landry plays in this game?
User avatar
eepstein0
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14885
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -293

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:42 pm

From Twitter ...

Scott Dochterman
@ScottDochterman
Officially, Iowa has allocated about 2,000 of its 7,500 tickets for the Pinstripe Bowl. Around 1,000 tickets are for the players (6 per player) and personnel. A few groups have bought more tix on Saturday (a group of 20, group of 8, etc), but around 1,000 sold thus far.
BCSUPERFAN22
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2959
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 107

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:37 pm

BC has sold 4,000 of its 6,000 allotment.
Eaglekeeper
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 908
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:45 pm
Karma: -270

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:45 pm

Is it wrong to think that this game'll get no more than 18k-20k in the stands?
As long as I'm breathing, I'll sing for the Metro...

Promotion/Relegation? GFY.

Image
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -66

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:29 am

MF73-Eleazar wrote:Is it wrong to think that this game'll get no more than 18k-20k in the stands?


I know this will be a largely unpopular opinion in the CFB world, but the 5:15pm kickoff is a bit of a bitch. A night game in December in the Bronx sounds terrible, but I'd probably have double my party going if it didn't conflict with work hours.
User avatar
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2375
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 am
Karma: 100

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:58 am

dtwalrus wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:Is it wrong to think that this game'll get no more than 18k-20k in the stands?


I know this will be a largely unpopular opinion in the CFB world, but the 5:15pm kickoff is a bit of a bitch. A night game in December in the Bronx sounds terrible, but I'd probably have double my party going if it didn't conflict with work hours.


Not even my butler's butler works the week after Christmas.
B.C. Athletics: Never to Excel™

HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 12742
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 204

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:31 am

hansen wrote:
dtwalrus wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:Is it wrong to think that this game'll get no more than 18k-20k in the stands?


I know this will be a largely unpopular opinion in the CFB world, but the 5:15pm kickoff is a bit of a bitch. A night game in December in the Bronx sounds terrible, but I'd probably have double my party going if it didn't conflict with work hours.


Not even my butler's butler works the week after Christmas.

yeah, you call it "taint week" on the schedule - because it's the week between christmas and new years (in addition to the fact that it's the week you rest your chin on a bunch of dudes taints while they teabag and roman helmet you)

and you don't want to pay your butler or his butler the holiday doubletime you'd need to pay to get their same junk rested on your face that you can pay base rates for the rest of the year
beiber, justin
clinton, bill
cosby, bill
hawking, stephen
hefner, hugh 9 points
jong-un, kim
lange, artie
odom, lamar
sheen, charlie
wayne, l'il
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19136
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5465

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:49 am

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
hansen wrote:
dtwalrus wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:Is it wrong to think that this game'll get no more than 18k-20k in the stands?


I know this will be a largely unpopular opinion in the CFB world, but the 5:15pm kickoff is a bit of a bitch. A night game in December in the Bronx sounds terrible, but I'd probably have double my party going if it didn't conflict with work hours.


Not even my butler's butler works the week after Christmas.

yeah, you call it "taint week" on the schedule - because it's the week between christmas and new years (in addition to the fact that it's the week you rest your chin on a bunch of dudes taints while they teabag and roman helmet you)

and you don't want to pay your butler or his butler the holiday doubletime you'd need to pay to get their same junk rested on your face that you can pay base rates for the rest of the year


pfffft i dont even know what a roman helmet is
B.C. Athletics: Never to Excel™

HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 12742
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 204

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:41 am

Are the Delta Suite tix awful for football? I have to assume the only advantage is to leave your seat for a heated area. I thought they were low and in the endzone.
User avatar
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8740
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: I am the Duke of New York
Karma: 1556

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:43 am

Think this girl works in ticket sales for the athletic department ...

@Aubreezy23
Let's go @BCFootball - We are already SOLD OUT of two sections for the @PinstripeBowl - with only 16 days to go! Contact me directly at 617-552-3987 and don't miss out on sitting with BC! #GoEagles #bowling

Image
BCSUPERFAN22
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2959
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 107

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:00 pm

I think the seats in shallow RF are further away from the field than the LF ones. :81
As long as I'm breathing, I'll sing for the Metro...

Promotion/Relegation? GFY.

Image
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -66

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby mod6A on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:24 pm

I guess it's pretty awesome that the teams won't be on the same sideline. Right?

:bag :seanwilliams
:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
User avatar
mod6A
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2447
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 am
Karma: 267

Re: Pinstripe Bowl 2017

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:23 pm

Imagine if the Sox had Stanton and Judge aiming for the Green Monster every game.
User avatar
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8740
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: I am the Duke of New York
Karma: 1556

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Untitled document
cron