2017 Pre-Season

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:29 am

Why do people read no space's shit about sports? It's just as dumb and not anywhere near as entertaining as his thoughts on life and politics.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 28318
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2242

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:20 pm

Innocent is saying what we're all thinking
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -538

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:08 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:Who is the 5th starter on the OL early in practice?



Has it been CONFIRMED that E Johnson is out?


"We have 16 guys, which is good,"


This would have to include E Johnson (and Fish).

http://www.bceagles.com/news/2017/8/1/f ... -no-2.aspx


"We have some but not as much as I would like to see with Elijah Johnson having that injury from spring. We lost him and that hurt us."
CONFIRMED
http://www.bceagles.com/news/2017/8/10/ ... no-10.aspx
DomingoOrtiz
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 6876
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 389

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:09 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:Innocent is saying what we're all thinking

i'm fairly certain that is no one else is thinking applebee's
beiber, justin
clinton, bill
cosby, bill
hawking, stephen
hefner, hugh 9 points
jong-un, kim
lange, artie
odom, lamar
sheen, charlie
wayne, l'il
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18831
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5422

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby claver2010 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:14 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:Who is the 5th starter on the OL early in practice?



Has it been CONFIRMED that E Johnson is out?


"We have 16 guys, which is good,"


This would have to include E Johnson (and Fish).

http://www.bceagles.com/news/2017/8/1/f ... -no-2.aspx


"We have some but not as much as I would like to see with Elijah Johnson having that injury from spring. We lost him and that hurt us."
CONFIRMED
http://www.bceagles.com/news/2017/8/10/ ... no-10.aspx


elijah robinson is out for summer camp as well from a spring injury. i might've missed it but didn't know that until this week
2016 Death Pool Champion
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16361
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2800

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:56 pm

claver2010 wrote:
elijah robinson is out for summer camp as well from a spring injury. i might've missed it but didn't know that until this week


He was not a factor in the "throw game" last season: 0 receptions.
DomingoOrtiz
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 6876
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 389

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:00 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
elijah robinson is out for summer camp as well from a spring injury. i might've missed it but didn't know that until this week


He was not a factor in the "throw game" last season: 0 receptions.


He's not very adept at actually catching the football
User avatar
eepstein0
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14692
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -304

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:51 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:Innocent is saying what we're all thinking


correct

+5
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15047
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -644

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby hansen on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:45 pm

twballgame9 wrote:Why do people read no space's shit about sports? It's just as dumb and not anywhere near as entertaining as his thoughts on life and politics.


THIS
B.C. Athletics: Never to Excel™

HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 12515
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 206

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby flakes on Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:08 pm

I think 7 wins is the absolute max for this team, but I am floored that we are only 3 point faves vs NIU. They are bad on D and are one of the few teams with a worse QB situation than BC. I feel like this is a 15-20 point win no?
flakes
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:57 pm
Karma: -6

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:44 pm

flakes wrote:I think 7 wins is the absolute max for this team, but I am floored that we are only 3 point faves vs NIU. They are bad on D and are one of the few teams with a worse QB situation than BC. I feel like this is a 15-20 point win no?


Might make a quick trip to Vegas in 2 weeks to drop $1000 on BC vs NIU. I have no faith that BC will score much more than 24 points. That said, BC might pitch a shutout.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15047
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -644

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:01 pm

All the way to Vegas to drop just $1,000? Bet at least $2,500 to make the trip worthwhile! It is scary bad that we are only a 3 point favorite over a bad NIU team. Vegas is showing zero confidence in our QB situation. On the flip side, a big win could make for a surprising season. BC should have won 9 games last season, losing to GT and SU should not have happened.

On second thought, don't make the trip, betting $100 on an Adazzio offense is risky regardless of the opponent!
Eaglekeeper
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:45 pm
Karma: -258

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:14 am

Eaglekeeper wrote:All the way to Vegas to drop just $1,000? Bet at least $2,500 to make the trip worthwhile! It is scary bad that we are only a 3 point favorite over a bad NIU team. Vegas is showing zero confidence in our QB situation. On the flip side, a big win could make for a surprising season. BC should have won 9 games last season, losing to GT and SU should not have happened.

On second thought, don't make the trip, betting $100 on an Adazzio offense is risky regardless of the opponent!


I fly for free. And its a 45 minute flight. I could fly to Vegas for dinner and leave.

Move to the West boys....
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15047
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -644

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby durkcal on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:24 am

Even if they cared to figure out that it was stylistically a good team for us to face, they may have deduced that Daz will turtle up after getting up by 20+ points and make it a close game late. 2 1/2 it is.
durkcal
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:11 am
Karma: 17

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby claver2010 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:13 am

as much as i like hearing the up tempo news out of camp, i fear that it'll be like the bowl game

first half things going well (keep in mind 3 of the 5 first half scoring drives were set up inside MD territory and 1 was at their 10 yard line) hit some big plays but at the first sign of trouble it's hilliman into the line for 1, hilliman into the line for 0...

i hope I'm wrong
2016 Death Pool Champion
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16361
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2800

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:10 am

claver2010 wrote:as much as i like hearing the up tempo news out of camp, i fear that it'll be like the bowl game

first half things going well (keep in mind 3 of the 5 first half scoring drives were set up inside MD territory and 1 was at their 10 yard line) hit some big plays but at the first sign of trouble it's hilliman into the line for 1, hilliman into the line for 0...

i hope I'm wrong


It again really depends on the OL. A good OL with these RBs would be awesome
User avatar
eepstein0
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14692
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -304

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:37 am

flakes wrote:I think 7 wins is the absolute max for this team, but I am floored that we are only 3 point faves vs NIU. They are bad on D and are one of the few teams with a worse QB situation than BC. I feel like this is a 15-20 point win no?

Didn't BC open as underdogs right after the schedule was released?
#FireAddazio
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13936
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2814

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:46 am

eepstein0 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:as much as i like hearing the up tempo news out of camp, i fear that it'll be like the bowl game

first half things going well (keep in mind 3 of the 5 first half scoring drives were set up inside MD territory and 1 was at their 10 yard line) hit some big plays but at the first sign of trouble it's hilliman into the line for 1, hilliman into the line for 0...

i hope I'm wrong


It again really depends on the OL. A good OL with these RBs would be awesome


This exactly. The misery of the last 3 years offense makes it easy to forget that in Daz's first year, with a good OL blocking for Andre Williams our run game was very, very effective. And that was despite having zero throw game and every defense knowing we were going to run the ball.

It's way too early for optimism and Daz seems to have a talent for crushing dreams, but 2017 could see the most effective BC offense in almost a decade. If the OL has actually taken strides and with the backs we have, the run game can be very productive. And it seems like Wade and Brown have the potential to be the best passing QB's we've had since...Ryan? Put those two together and BC might actually have a BALANCED offense for the first time in YEARS.

The biggest offensive problem for BC is the Daz era hasn't been the OL or the QB's or the receivers or any of that garbage. The biggest problem has been that we've been the most predictable, one-trick pony offense in all of college football ever since Spaz left. A more balanced, more unpredictable offense will move the ball this year and put up points. And with our defense...well, 2017 could actually be a fun season.
User avatar
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2290
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 am
Karma: 108

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby claver2010 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:55 am

kobay white seems to be the star of the camp so far, seems like he's in every report as making a big play
2016 Death Pool Champion
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16361
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2800

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:23 pm

claver2010 wrote:kobay white seems to be the star of the camp so far, seems like he's in every report as making a big play


If Addazio can pull his head out of his ass and play Thad Smith over Elijah Robinson, could have a decent top group of receivers with Walker, White and Smith. I always thought Smith was best receiver on roster and for some reason, he got almost no PT last year.
Image
BCSUPERFAN22
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2901
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 107

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:35 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:kobay white seems to be the star of the camp so far, seems like he's in every report as making a big play


If Addazio can pull his head out of his ass and play Thad Smith over Elijah Robinson, could have a decent top group of receivers with Walker, White and Smith. I always thought Smith was best receiver on roster and for some reason, he got almost no PT last year.


He's going to mis-use these WRs I can promise you that much.
User avatar
eepstein0
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14692
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -304

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:42 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:kobay white seems to be the star of the camp so far, seems like he's in every report as making a big play


If Addazio can pull his head out of his ass and play Thad Smith over Elijah Robinson, could have a decent top group of receivers with Walker, White and Smith. I always thought Smith was best receiver on roster and for some reason, he got almost no PT last year.


He's going to mis-use these WRs I can promise you that much.


Robinson played slightly less than Thad "Chad" Smith last season and was only on the field for running plays.
I was told that the reason Thad Smith played so little last season was because Daz loves Jeff Smith and that they play the same WR position.
DomingoOrtiz
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 6876
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 389

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:22 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:kobay white seems to be the star of the camp so far, seems like he's in every report as making a big play


If Addazio can pull his head out of his ass and play Thad Smith over Elijah Robinson, could have a decent top group of receivers with Walker, White and Smith. I always thought Smith was best receiver on roster and for some reason, he got almost no PT last year.


In what world are we benching Jeff Smith for any of those 3 guys? The one legit ACC playmaker on the team (freshman evals pending)
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 28318
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2242

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:15 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:kobay white seems to be the star of the camp so far, seems like he's in every report as making a big play


If Addazio can pull his head out of his ass and play Thad Smith over Elijah Robinson, could have a decent top group of receivers with Walker, White and Smith. I always thought Smith was best receiver on roster and for some reason, he got almost no PT last year.


He's going to mis-use these WRs I can promise you that much.


Robinson played slightly less than Thad "Chad" Smith last season and was only on the field for running plays.
I was told that the reason Thad Smith played so little last season was because Daz loves Jeff Smith and that they play the same WR position.


They criminally mis-used Jeff Smith last year. It will continue
User avatar
eepstein0
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14692
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -304

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby claver2010 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:24 am

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/coll ... w_position

so now it's:

Montiero - Schmall (?) - Baker - Lazard (?) - Lindstrom
2016 Death Pool Champion
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16361
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2800

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:26 pm

claver2010 wrote:http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/college/college_football/2017/08/boston_college_s_chris_lindstom_adjusts_to_new_position

so now it's:

Montiero - Schmall (?) - Baker - Lazard (?) - Lindstrom


Did Elijah Johnson get hurt ?
Image
BCSUPERFAN22
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2901
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 107

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby mario14b on Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:45 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/college/college_football/2017/08/boston_college_s_chris_lindstom_adjusts_to_new_position

so now it's:

Montiero - Schmall (?) - Baker - Lazard (?) - Lindstrom


Did Elijah Johnson get hurt ?


He had a knee injury during spring practice... guessing he's still recovering. http://bceagles.com/news/2017/4/6/football-spring-practice-report-april-6.aspx?path=football&mobile=skip
mario14b
n00b
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:39 pm
Karma: 8

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby claver2010 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:17 pm



bc is doing some hardknocks type show
2016 Death Pool Champion
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16361
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2800

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:38 pm

i made it as far as "...and introduce you to our head coach..." and then i noped the eff outta there
beiber, justin
clinton, bill
cosby, bill
hawking, stephen
hefner, hugh 9 points
jong-un, kim
lange, artie
odom, lamar
sheen, charlie
wayne, l'il
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18831
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5422

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:07 pm

claver2010 wrote:

bc is doing some hardknocks type show

Haven't watched, yet. Do they sample a lot of Jay-Z songs?
#FireAddazio
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13936
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2814

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Untitled document