Marcus Outlow

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Marcus Outlow

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:49 am

I don't think this has been posted yet.

“I was just not given the opportunity that I was told I would receive”

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/article/ ... 4/?Start=1

Edit: it was posted elsewhere, then buried in a discussion of whether or not Nosovitch has bad hands when we've only seen the ball bounce off his back. Read it if you haven't!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:54 pm

Why isn't this thread titled:

Outlow: Outta Here!

??
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:03 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I don't think this has been posted yet.

“I was just not given the opportunity that I was told I would receive”

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/article/ ... 4/?Start=1

Edit: it was posted elsewhere, then buried in a discussion of whether or not Nosovitch has bad hands when we've only seen the ball bounce off his back. Read it if you haven't!

He was fucked out of playing time this year.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:05 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Edit: it was posted elsewhere, then buried in a discussion of whether or not Nosovitch has bad hands when we've only seen the ball bounce off his back. Read it if you haven't!

That would be his face.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby MrAwesomeII on Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:29 pm

Kids are hard to please and have no idea what they are doing half the time. But this transfer is still hard to accept. BC needs more talented football players, not less. Everyone loves hard working players, but unless Outlow was a certified attitude problem or hurt, there is no explanation for how the carries and pt were alloted after Hilliman got hurt. When Outlow and Hilliman committed, BC had a chance for a Darren McFadden/Felix Jones type combo in their backfield. Instead of that, this staff preferred...something else. I dont get it.
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:37 pm

MrAwesomeII {l Wrote}:... Instead of that, this staff preferred...something else. I dont get it.

it's like they had gum on their shoes
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 25GeraldRd on Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:47 pm

MrAwesomeII {l Wrote}:Kids are hard to please and have no idea what they are doing half the time. But this transfer is still hard to accept. BC needs more talented football players, not less. Everyone loves hard working players, but unless Outlow was a certified attitude problem or hurt, there is no explanation for how the carries and pt were alloted after Hilliman got hurt. When Outlow and Hilliman committed, BC had a chance for a Darren McFadden/Felix Jones type combo in their backfield. Instead of that, this staff preferred...something else. I dont get it.

great point. and especially strange considering Gowins had his redshirt burned to get a grand total of 15 carries. after Hilliman went down, Outlow got 11 carries vs. Duke (Rouse had 14 that game and led all runners), 15 against Wake (led the team, Rouse had 14 and Gowins had 8), 5 carries and 1 catch vs. Clemson (Gowins inexplicably had 6 carries that game that he didn't do anything with; Willis led the backs with 15).

i believe he was hurt in the Louisville game (only 2 carries), missed the VA Tech game, had 2 carries against NC State, and then there were murmurs during ND that he was going to transfer. just odd usage for him and all the RBS this season.
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:52 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
MrAwesomeII {l Wrote}:... Instead of that, this staff preferred...something else. I dont get it.

are you saying what I think youre saying?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:01 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

are you saying what I think youre saying?

Look ladies - I SAT IN GUM.

Also, Mr Awesome II: its FEWER not LESS. For fucks sake.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:52 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
Also, Mr Awesome II: its FEWER not LESS. For fucks sake.

remember, this is a dude that titled an article "the fight goes continues" so i think fewer vs. less is still a couple years of remedial away

and you may be shocked to learn that i used to pull that "aww dammit, look at this gum i sat in" all the time. almost as often as "hey, did i ever show you my tumor"
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MrAwesomeII on Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:42 pm

Why do you guys like losing to Clemson?? I wonder why you like it?? Weird cuz if you were all on my side on this, you would realize it didn't have to happen...last year anyway.
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:20 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:We've been bad at football ever since they changed Addie's to a tacqueria.

It's Addie's fault that we are bad at football.

we were good at football until they turned it into over-boiled pasta. then the itals came out of the woodwork.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:24 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:We've been bad at football ever since they changed Addie's to a tacqueria.

we were good at football until they turned it into over-boiled pasta. then the itals came out of the woodwork.

It was over boiled pasta back in the 90s.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:32 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

It was over boiled pasta back in the 90s.

jesus. how does BC dining fuck up pasta that badly in two separate decades. (p and s, the taqueria was awesome)
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:04 am

Jon Hilliman tweeted this tonight at Marcus Outlow, I assume this means Coastal Carolina ?

Happy birthday to my mans, pots and pans @ShakeOutlow ! My bro 2 decades today! Do Ya thing at Coastal dawg, all love
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:12 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Jon Hilliman tweeted this tonight at Marcus Outlow, I assume this means Coastal Carolina ?

Happy birthday to my mans, pots and pans @ShakeOutlow ! My bro 2 decades today! Do Ya thing at Coastal dawg, all love

I often feel worse for these guys when they say they need to :74 and end up at places like Coastal Carolina if indeed that is where Outlow has ended up. You go from saying you got screwed over for PT in the ACC to coastal carolina. That just seems like a terrible life decision. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:36 am

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:06 am

So... should we mourn the loss of a 4-star player with Bama interest or should we cheer that there is no longer a Big South-level player taking up a scholarship?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:09 am

HJS {l Wrote}:So... should we mourn the loss of a 4-star player with Bama interest or should we cheer that there is no longer a Big South-level player taking up a scholarship?

Following your lead, we can do both for any reason or no reason at all, running the gamut from needing support for a particular agenda to feeling ornery because of a series of unfulfilling bowel movements.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Image

Poor comparison. Didn't Tuggle transfer because he wanted to play QB*?

KSt moved him to LB, the position at which he made an NFL roster.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:02 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Jon Hilliman tweeted this tonight at Marcus Outlow, I assume this means Coastal Carolina ?

I often feel worse for these guys when they say they need to :74 and end up at places like Coastal Carolina if indeed that is where Outlow has ended up. You go from saying you got screwed over for PT in the ACC to coastal carolina. That just seems like a terrible life decision. :ace

Can't blame him for wanting to leave because of the way Daz was(not) playing him, but this was a poor decision on his part unless he makes it in the NFL.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby durkcal on Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:37 pm

He must not have been willing to sit out a year. Since he transferred to FCS and has two years remaining, he can play right away.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby Irishriviera on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:01 pm

He didn't redshirt though so he could have stayed FBS and had 2 years of eligibility left. I agree not wanting to sit out was probably the reason he went FCS but it's still probably a bad decision. I hope it works out for him though because he never really got the chance here that it seemed like he deserved.
Irishriviera
Carney Hall

Postby EagleDave on Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:43 pm

Kind of an interesting choice. Going to Coastal means he doesn't have to sit a year, but Coastal is also getting ready to pull an App State and join the FBS after next year, so he'll be back at the upper level again quick.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:06 pm

Hockeyrection posted something about all the departures from this year. Was it confirmed that Chase Pankey is leaving ? They mention him as one of the names to go along with Allen Dawson who I hadn't heard anything definitive about. Other names they bring up I think were expected (Frank Taylor, Tim Joy, Harrison Jackson).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Hoff on Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:21 pm

I'll always be on the side that Outlow will be a pretty big loss. Obviously it isnt a huge position of need but I always thought he was the best back in summer scrimmages. Never understood why he didnt see the field much. Reminded me of how Andre Williams flashed at times under Spaz but still sat on the bench
Hoff
n00b

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:58 pm

I'd like to know whether he is more of a Ledbetter(spring game) or Davis(ABC) candidate
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:31 am

Pankey has transferred to Illinois State. Has Arnold Jackson announced for Rutgers? With Flood chopped, my guess is that he ends up at Stony Brook.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:42 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:Pankey has transferred to Illinois State. Has Arnold Jackson announced for Rutgers? With Flood chopped, my guess is that he ends up at Stony Brook.

I guess Pankey was not much of a surprise. I think he was the 4th person that was in CT Thanksgiving weekend with Outlow, Alston and Gowins. I wonder if there will be more who retire/quit before the spring. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:57 pm

Per BCI, Arnold Jackson is headed to Stony Brook.
Even a blind old sexual sicko finds a nut once a while.
I usually find and lick two.
:D
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium