Addazio Postgame

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio Postgame

Postby angrychicken on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:52 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I absolutely think Florida will coming calling for Daz. If you can win 7+ games the last two years with this roster it's fairly impressive.

They wouldn't. No chance. Not even in the discussion outside of Blaudschun-type bloggers.

this

It is highly, highly, HIGHLY unlikely that Dazoo would garner serious interest from Florida. Their jorts n' crocks fans would sooner root for FSU. That said, Daz was very well liked by the players and had a ton of support from the administration. Politically, it is similar to what led us to hire Spaz. Now, I don't expect the Florida program to ever be in such dire straits... and I am not saying that the two men are in the same universe in their ability to coach. But, I am on the side of never-say-never.

Never
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:58 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i think we're still at hip hip hooray but

(1) its not because we're bowl eligible (one year after going to the acccg)
(b) it feels less or a forced hip hip hoory
(iii) you don't worry someone is going to throw out a hip during the hip hip hooray

You're going to ride this Daz Year 2 thing right into the ground aren't you?

not really... here i am saying that daz still did a bit of a "hip hip hooray" to get the team fired up and proud of themselves; but also to let them know that this isn't the only thing that needs to be accomplished this year. the difference from spaz's hip hip hooray is that daz seems sincere and is hip hip hooraying for all the right reasons... not just because the team was now eligible for a bowl
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:10 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

(iii) you don't worry someone is going to throw out a hip during the hip hip hooray

not really... here i am saying that daz still did a bit of a "hip hip hooray" to get the team fired up and proud of themselves; but also to let them know that this isn't the only thing that needs to be accomplished this year. the difference from spaz's hip hip hooray is that daz seems sincere and is hip hip hooraying for all the right reasons... not just because the team was now eligible for a bowl

Outside of maybe t-ball, the term "hip hip hooray" should not be used in the United States of America.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby BCdee on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:22 am

I think it's time for this gem.

Last edited by BCdee on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:26 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Outside of maybe t-ball, the term "hip hip hooray" should not be used in the United States of America.

what's your stance on hip hop hooray?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:37 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

what's your stance on hip hop hooray?

Not as great as the classic "O.P.P", but pretty good.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:56 am

which all pale in comparison to whoomp there it is
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:20 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:which all pale in comparison to whoomp there it is

Agreed
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:52 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:which all pale in comparison to whoomp there it is

What's your stance on whoot there it is?
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle216 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:55 am

I think if we can pay Daz Big Um money, he might stay with us long term. He is a New England guy, and not necessarily young anyone. If we pay him real money he can be our Beemer. Money, alas, will be the problem. Also, it will depend on whether we are in or out of the inevetable Big Um breakaway from the NCAA.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:56 am

I don't think we should be paying Dazoo big'um money unless he gets us to the Conference Championship game. I don't care who comes calling or when.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:03 pm

this whole conversation reeks of shinskie going pro
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:06 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:this whole conversation reeks of shinskie going pro

Shinskie never had a chance to line up under guard in the pros, despite the fact that he was a MAN.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:06 pm

the difference being daz won a big game. all shinskie ever won was the highest bar tab of the night at citysides
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:14 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I don't think we should be paying Dazoo big'um money unless he gets us to the Conference Championship game. I don't care who comes calling or when.

What do you think a logical timeline for him getting us to the ACCCG is (if ever?). I think 5-7 years is possible.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:19 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I absolutely think Florida will coming calling for Daz. If you can win 7+ games the last two years with this roster it's fairly impressive.

They wouldn't. No chance. Not even in the discussion outside of Blaudschun-type bloggers.

this

It is highly, highly, HIGHLY unlikely that Dazoo would garner serious interest from Florida. Their jorts n' crocks fans would sooner root for FSU. That said, Daz was very well liked by the players and had a ton of support from the administration. Politically, it is similar to what led us to hire Spaz. Now, I don't expect the Florida program to ever be in such dire straits... and I am not saying that the two men are in the same universe in their ability to coach. But, I am on the side of never-say-never.

Never

Name me a better candidate for the Florida job? Muschamp isn't surviving this year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:20 pm

TIMESTAMP!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:22 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I don't think we should be paying Dazoo big'um money unless he gets us to the Conference Championship game. I don't care who comes calling or when.

What do you think a logical timeline for him getting us to the ACCCG is (if ever?). I think 5-7 years is possible.

Whatever year FSU and Clemson are both down.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:26 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

this

Never

Name me a better candidate for the Florida job? Muschamp isn't surviving this year.

I'm not your monkey. I'm just saying that their fanbase won't allow them to hire Addazio as their head coach. Do your own research, Beano.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:42 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

this

Never

I'm not your monkey. I'm just saying that their fanbase won't allow them to hire Addazio as their head coach. Do your own research, Beano.

We are talking one of the best programs in the nation. They can have their pick of essentially any coach (pro coaches aren't out of the question... like Chip Kelly). From a Florida fan perspective, I wouldn't be surprised to see Petrino's name thrown around (who runs the offense they like). As for former Meyer assistants, I think they would be more accepting of Dan Mullen than Dazoo.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:12 pm

HJS coaches lists are hysterical. Chip Kelly?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:23 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

this

Never

We are talking one of the best programs in the nation. They can have their pick of essentially any coach (pro coaches aren't out of the question... like Chip Kelly). From a Florida fan perspective, I wouldn't be surprised to see Petrino's name thrown around (who runs the offense they like). As for former Meyer assistants, I think they would be more accepting of Dan Mullen than Dazoo.

Agreed. They'll want proven winners in the SEC or similar pressure cookers. Petrino's name will definitely be on the list. I think they would talk to James Franklin, too. Could see them pushing hard for Kevin Sumlin.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:31 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

this

Never

Agreed. They'll want proven winners in the SEC or similar pressure cookers. Petrino's name will definitely be on the list. I think they would talk to James Franklin, too. Could see them pushing hard for Kevin Sumlin.

Florida fans hate Daz for the same reason we hated Spaz...calling the same play over and over and over again. I've had that said to me from many UF alums "Enjoy Daz calling the same dive play over and over."

Thing is he doesn't call the plays anymore so it doesn't really matter. But Daz isn't going back to Florida. Beyond Florida I can't think of a power conference team that will need a coach that Daz would jump for. Michigan is the only one that comes up but once Brady Hoke getse canned they're going to push hard for Les Miles.

Daz is going to jump for the NFL if and when that day comes.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:34 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

By Clemson being down, do you mean down down or just over fucking hyped, like usual.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:35 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:HJS coaches lists are hysterical. Chip Kelly?

Chip Kelly will be looking for a job soon enough
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:13 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Shinskie never had a chance to line up under guard in the pros, despite the fact that he was a MAN.

:party
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:15 pm

Addazio isn't going to a factory on the strength of a string of 7-6 seasons at BC, especially considering he doesn't have a reputation as a genius tactician/football mind. He's not leaving unless he wins 10 games or there's some kind of fallout (pay?) with the athletic department. In my opinion.
:screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:18 pm

as people alluded to above, I don't think adaziani was exactly loved in gainsville by the time of his departure
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:20 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:HJS coaches lists are hysterical. Chip Kelly?

Chip Kelly will be looking for a job soon enough

Red font?

Or why do you think this? He's in year 2 of a 5-year contract that is paying him approx. $6.5 million a year. The fan base here loves him. Lurie loves him. You really think anyone is going to poach him for more than that in the next year?

If you mean he might go somewhere else in year 4 or after his contract expires I hear you, but I see no signs he is looking to make a play for more cash or to go somewhere else at this point.
Last edited by Bryn Mawr Eagle on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:32 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

By Clemson being down, do you mean down down or just over fucking hyped, like usual.

Louisville too. But I'm certain Petrino is about to preside over a Spaziani-esque dismantling of the Louisville football program. Provided he stays long enough.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium