2015 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:37 am

31southst {l Wrote}:
Buttercup {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Per 247 ...

Baltimore (Md.) St. Frances 2015 cornerback Justice Pettus-Dixon could be closing in on a college decision according to his assistant coach Cory Robinson.
"He’ll be a steal for somebody," Robinson said. "Right now his big two is Boston College or Connecticut and he may commit in the next couple weeks.
"He’s really turning it up. He’s a guy I’m marking as a nickel back right away. As his career develops he can move outside or move to strong safety because he’s so physical."

Cincinnati, NC State, Oregon State have all offered accoring to rivals and 247

http://247sports.com/Player/Justice-Pettus-Dixon-38152

On a side note, a number of the 247 guys changed their pick for Jake Pickard to UVA (coincidentally right after he visited - who knows he may end up there, but to see the way the prediction feature moves is a joke, what a worthless feature it has become)

Us or UConn? This is a pretty easy decision. If anyone chose UConn it would just be proof he couldnt get past BC admissions.

Never heard of him... kind of doubt he has a BC offer, as he has never really been mentioned by TOS. UConn's page has a story on him though.

TOS is agreeing and saying he likely doesn't have a BC offer.

TOS is agreeing that he likely doesn't have an offer because TOS hasn't mentioned him? Is that a logic box?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 31southst on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:23 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TOS is agreeing that he likely doesn't have an offer because TOS hasn't mentioned him? Is that a logic box?

Someone expressly asked and got the answer they don't think he has a BC offer.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:27 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
Buttercup {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Baltimore (Md.) St. Frances 2015 cornerback Justice Pettus-Dixon could be closing in on a college decision according to his assistant coach Cory Robinson.
"He’ll be a steal for somebody," Robinson said. "Right now his big two is Boston College or Connecticut and he may commit in the next couple weeks.
"He’s really turning it up. He’s a guy I’m marking as a nickel back right away. As his career develops he can move outside or move to strong safety because he’s so physical."

On a side note, a number of the 247 guys changed their pick for Jake Pickard to UVA (coincidentally right after he visited - who knows he may end up there, but to see the way the prediction feature moves is a joke, what a worthless feature it has become)

Us or UConn? This is a pretty easy decision. If anyone chose UConn it would just be proof he couldnt get past BC admissions.

Never heard of him... kind of doubt he has a BC offer, as he has never really been mentioned by TOS. UConn's page has a story on him though.

No, sounds more like lawyer logic.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:52 pm

GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
Buttercup {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

No, sounds more like lawyer logic.

Eh, "I know what you meant counselor" is not oft heard in courtrooms.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:57 pm

wait, are you a lawyer tedwardo?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:04 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:wait, are you a lawyer tedwardo?

No, I just watch Suits.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:15 am

Reagan Williams, whom BC was involved with, just commited to Stanford. He is their second LB commitment, would be nice if a growing LB class meant no more room at Stanford for Jordan Fox from SPP.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby 31southst on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:56 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Reagan Williams, whom BC was involved with, just commited to Stanford. He is their second LB commitment, would be nice if a growing LB class meant no more room at Stanford for Jordan Fox from SPP.

I think they took him on offense (FB or TE).
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:37 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Reagan Williams, whom BC was involved with, just commited to Stanford. He is their second LB commitment, would be nice if a growing LB class meant no more room at Stanford for Jordan Fox from SPP.

I think they took him on offense (FB or TE).

Yes youre right, I didnt see that until after I posted. Looks like hes going in as a FB
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:53 pm

Stanford offered Casey Toohill yesterday. Same HS as Ray Smith in San Diego, camped at BC with Smith. Sounds like it is down to BC, Stanford and Washington
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:17 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Stanford offered Casey Toohill yesterday. Same HS as Ray Smith in San Diego, camped at BC with Smith. Sounds like it is down to BC, Stanford and Washington

Sounded like he really wanted to go to one of Stanford, USC, or ND, so I have to think we're functionally out on him.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:33 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Stanford offered Casey Toohill yesterday. Same HS as Ray Smith in San Diego, camped at BC with Smith. Sounds like it is down to BC, Stanford and Washington

Sounded like he really wanted to go to one of Stanford, USC, or ND, so I have to think we're functionally out on him.

If Notre Dame offers its a wrap (as I believe his entire immediate family went to ND in some capacity). I believe he camped at ND and did not receive an offer (to this point). I agree tho, Stanford probably seals the deal
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:30 pm

Jake Pickard commits to Wisconsin (altho according to TGOSB he never held a BC offer which seems ludacris to me considering the variability he brings and his offer sheet)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:59 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Jake Pickard commits to Wisconsin (altho according to TGOSB he never held a BC offer which seems ludacris to me considering the variability he brings and his offer sheet)

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:44 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Jake Pickard commits to Wisconsin (altho according to TGOSB he never held a BC offer which seems ludacris to me considering the variability he brings and his offer sheet)

or, for 2001eagle

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:48 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

or, for 2001eagle

wait, isn't that heavy d?

jerk
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby joesim on Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:13 pm

can anyone read that article on 247 about BC and Christian Wilkins?
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:54 pm

joesim {l Wrote}:can anyone read that article on 247 about BC and Christian Wilkins?

Couldnt read article, but 2016 offers out to Koby Quansah (Kingswood Oxford CT- Hartford, 4* LB, Same school as Sharieff Grice) and Patrick Johnson (FS/WR from Washington DC)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:58 am

joesim {l Wrote}:can anyone read that article on 247 about BC and Christian Wilkins?

Wilkins top 8: BC, PSU, OSU, ND, Clemson, UNC, Stanford and UVA

Also Austrian Robinson (DE from Trinity Pawling in NY w/ BC offer) just got offered by Miami, offer sheet now includes MD, Pitt, Purdue, Rutgers, Cuse, Temple, UCF, UVA and Wake. Haven't heard much on him throughout recruiting process so not sure if he was even a viable option pre Miami offer
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Casey on Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:04 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

Couldnt read article, but 2016 offers out to Koby Quansah (Kingswood Oxford CT- Hartford, 4* LB, Same school as Sharieff Grice) and Patrick Johnson (FS/WR from Washington DC)

Quansah's film is scary good. Can't believe he's just 15, reminds me of KPL's SENIOR year film. Hope Grice can deliver him to BC, that give us some sick athleticism at the LB spot.
Casey
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:04 am

Christian Rector commited to USC and Cadey Toohill to Stanford
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:07 pm

Isaiah Davis set to decide tongiht per TGOSB, 6'1 215 lb LB from Alexandria, VA. Havent heard much on him lately from any of the BC sites. Younger brother of current Maryland DB Sean Davis, whom BC recruited in 2012 and was fairly high on BC before finally picking UMD

Lists finalists as BC, Virginia Tech, Maryland and NC State
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:10 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
Casey {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Had Cincy and USF as well. Again a versatile guy LB or FB.

Hits line a Mack truck. Kind of hoping he's slated for FB. He looks the part.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3058934/jimmy-martin

Really similar to Lezzer, a bit undersized but definatley on the faster side for a LB

He was a recruited as a WLB but could move to FB. He is also a long-snapper and will enroll in Jan. Says he is 6'0" 220lbs.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby bcbasketball20 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:07 pm

a couple guys got bumped to 5.6 rivals rating

wyatt ray
elijah robinson

i think we have some solid players in this class

pallazolo
knopfke
ray
robinson
borgersen
pankey

it will be interesting to see what lower ranked players get bumped up in the next 6 months. could be gowins, jones, a good amount could
bcbasketball20
Carney Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:48 pm

Buddy of mine who played sports growing up on LI knows about Gowins. Thinks his 2star rating is absurdly low. Thinks Gowins would do well for us and in the ACC.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:07 pm

Daivon Ellison from Bosco to Syracuse. That's a bad loss at a major position in need of athleticism from a feeder.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:59 pm

Can't be surprised, SU now being a member of the ACC will match or exceed BC in recruiting partly due to their lower acdemics. SU will outspend BC on facilities and they have a very agressive AD who is already pushing the ACC to make SU the north anchor. He has not gotten Miami vs SU as an annual game, but he will do anything to put down BC. The Eagles can win this battle, but not with Leahy, he will not spend the necessary funds on facilities or coaching.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:28 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Can't be surprised, SU now being a member of the ACC will match or exceed BC in recruiting partly due to their lower acdemics. SU will outspend BC on facilities and they have a very agressive AD who is already pushing the ACC to make SU the north anchor. He has not gotten Miami vs SU as an annual game, but he will do anything to put down BC. The Eagles can win this battle, but not with Leahy, he will not spend the necessary funds on facilities or coaching.

When is Cuse going to actually start doing this? Because they have terrible facilities and I almost laughed out loud when I thought about the Syracuse market as an anchor. "We are a suburb of Toronto dammit, and even though their downs are short and fields long, they love football?"

ACC night in Canada.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DrJackRyan on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:23 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Can't be surprised, SU now being a member of the ACC will match or exceed BC in recruiting partly due to their lower acdemics. SU will outspend BC on facilities and they have a very agressive AD who is already pushing the ACC to make SU the north anchor. He has not gotten Miami vs SU as an annual game, but he will do anything to put down BC. The Eagles can win this battle, but not with Leahy, he will not spend the necessary funds on facilities or coaching.

a very agressive AD who is already pushing the ACC to make SU the north anchor

What does this even mean?

Specifically, what benefits are given to "the north anchor"?

And how does Swofford "make" a school the north (or south) anchor?
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:19 pm

Follow the SU AD's comments this season and you will see him push for primetime TV slots, games with Miami, etc. I saw this in the Big East in the 90's with SU. They cannot really succeed in football until they out recruit BC in Ct and NJ. They will not win this battle if BC invest in facilities and coaching, but BC has not been able to retain good coaches and they don't spend much on facilities. BC has the potential to recruit the northeast second only to PSU and be the Stanford of the east, but will they invest the money???
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium