2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby HJS on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:04 pm

Shaddix wrote:
HJS wrote:
Shaddix wrote:
HJS wrote:Assuming Robert Davis verbals this weekend, what happens wih Tyler Rouse? I'd like to see BC still go on him as a complimentary back (almost a Haden/Harris thing).

BTW, Temple's new coach just stole a commit from West Virginia... who also happens to be one of the best RBs in Jersey (Zaire Williams). I don't know how Temple's new coach can out-recruit its former coach for a RB... but there you have it.

Yea, Zaire is soo good that he didn't even earn a BC offer....

Who made that evaluation? Spaz or Daz? Either way, I trust WV and Wisco from a player evaluation perspective a hell of a lot more than I do our own. And, while I like Davis and hope we land him, don't talk about him being anywhere near the same recruit as Williams. Davis was basically told by Tuberville to find another school. Further, if we win his commitment, it will be over the powerhouse known as Memphis. Of course, since Dazoo has already secured a recruiting loss against Toledo, I understand why beating Memphis should be considered a major accomplishment.

The only reason he committed to Temple was because of location..... It wasn't exactly a masterful recruiting job by Rhule

Really? Because, according to my Rutgers guys, they were still after him. Philly is not THAT much closer to AC than New Brunswick. As for location being the sole reason for his school choice, are you pretending he didn't previously verbal to West Virginia???
HJS
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:06 pm

Shaddix wrote:Does HJS actually know ANYTHING about recruiting? or does he just like to troll?

This coming from our "recruiting guy" who didn't realize Zaire Williams previously verballed to West Virginia. Fucking just check Google once or twice before dropping your "knowledge" on us.
HJS
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:09 pm

eagle9903 wrote:Williams was one of six wvu rb commits. Six.

Why wasn't Daziani successful in trying to flip any of those six... SIX... running backs, after he lost our only one to fucking Iowa?
eagle9903 wrote:Davis didn't want to play for tuberville, not othetwise.

Let's remember this post when UConn fans tell us how they "stole" Boyle from us.
HJS
Fulton Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:15 pm

HJS wrote:
Shaddix wrote:Does HJS actually know ANYTHING about recruiting? or does he just like to troll?

This coming from our "recruiting guy" who didn't realize Zaire Williams previously verballed to West Virginia. Fucking just check Google once or twice before dropping your "knowledge" on us.

I knew he committed to West Virginia? When did I say I didn't? The reason he flipped was because of location. Read a book or something.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:34 pm

HJS wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:Williams was one of six wvu rb commits. Six.

Why wasn't Daziani successful in trying to flip any of those six... SIX... running backs, after he lost our only one to fucking Iowa?
eagle9903 wrote:Davis didn't want to play for tuberville, not othetwise.

Let's remember this post when UConn fans tell us how they "stole" Boyle from us.

Straw men both.
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:46 pm

Shaddix wrote:
HJS wrote:

I knew he committed to West Virginia? When did I say I didn't? The reason he flipped was because of location. Read a book or something.

No WVU told him to look elsewhere this wasn't his choice.
Follow on twitter @AdamCoelhoTR
theringer.icyboards.net
bceagles24
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:48 pm

bceagles24 wrote:
Shaddix wrote:
HJS wrote:

This is true.
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:48 pm

bceagles24 wrote:
Shaddix wrote:
HJS wrote:

WVU did not tell him that they wouldn't honor his commitment. Meaning it wasn't a force out.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Shaddix wrote:
bceagles24 wrote:
Shaddix wrote:
HJS wrote:

WVU did not tell him that they wouldn't honor his commitment. Meaning it wasn't a force out.

they did.
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:53 pm

eagle9903 wrote:
Shaddix wrote:
bceagles24 wrote:
Shaddix wrote:
HJS wrote:

they did.

I didn't hear anything about that, but I trust your right
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:58 pm

Just find it hard that a coach would tweet this
Not a loss for us. Nothing but gains! #greatclass #gettingbetter #additionbysubtraction #WVU
If WVU told him to leave.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:00 pm

It was a douchebag move but it is what it is he was taking a shot back since the kid was trying to say he decommitted. But they definitely pulled the offer.
Follow on twitter @AdamCoelhoTR
theringer.icyboards.net
bceagles24
McGuinn Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:06 pm

bceagles24 wrote:It was a douchebag move but it is what it is he was taking a shot back since the kid was trying to say he decommitted. But they definitely pulled the offer.

Wow, classless
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:03 pm

A :ugeek: on TOS said he saw Robert Davis being hosted by Simmons. They ate at Del Frisco's. What happened to Cap Grill? Longer ride from campus but much better :skank
DomingoOrtiz
Higgins Hall

Postby basselope on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:43 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:A :ugeek: on TOS said he saw Robert Davis being hosted by Simmons. They ate at Del Frisco's. What happened to Cap Grill? Longer ride from campus but much better :skank

They still go there but they go to a number of different places, plus some visit for 2 nights.
basselope
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:34 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:A :ugeek: on TOS said he saw Robert Davis being hosted by Simmons. They ate at Del Frisco's. What happened to Cap Grill? Longer ride from campus but much better :skank

I can't speak for Boston, but I think Del Frisco's in NYC is better than either Capital Grill locations (though neither is top tier steakhouses in NYC).
HJS
Fulton Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:41 pm

HJS wrote:

I can't speak for Boston, but I think Del Frisco's in NYC is better than either Capital Grill locations (though neither is top tier steakhouses in NYC).

:banana :cheer :elephant :flagus :pepper2 :pickle :pontif :spaz3 :spaz2 :cheer :banana :elephant :cheer :banana :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :cheer :banana :flagus :elephant :pepper2 :spaz2 :spaz3

HJS POSTED AND IT'S NOT NEGATIVE!!!!!!! ALMOST.

:band :cheer :banana :elephant :spaz2 :chewbanka :banana :cheer :pepper2 :pickle :elephant :cheer :chewbanka :banana :cheer :flagus :pepper2 :pickle :chewbanka :banana :cheer :elephant
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:36 am

He put up a few pics from his visit on the twitter box. Also wrote "Ready to sign my National Letter of Intent!" after his visit. Dont know if BC locked him up or what.

I also saw an interview on youtube where he seemed to at least acknowledge his GPA/academics (and that he did well in school and it is a factor), which in comparison to the other schools competing for him (Cincy/Memphis) has to be another plus since most of the kids those schools take quite literally cant read.

https://twitter.com/RD5_
BCSUPERFAN22
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:12 am

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:

He put up a few pics from his visit on the twitter box. Also wrote "Ready to sign my National Letter of Intent!" after his visit. Dont know if BC locked him up or what.

I also saw an interview on youtube where he seemed to at least acknowledge his GPA/academics (and that he did well in school and it is a factor), which in comparison to the other schools competing for him (Cincy/Memphis) has to be another plus since most of the kids those schools take quite literally cant read.

He eliminated Cinci, its between BC and Memphis. I think it'll be BC, heard he had a great visit
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby bruisertm on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:25 am

Looks like Pitt is out on Boyle

Last week, on the brink of signing day, with 27 pledged prospects and Chapman already enrolled, quarterbacks coach Brooks Bollinger visited three-star Tim Boyle of Middletown, Conn., according to his coach Sean Marinan.

Nothing came of it, because Pitt couldn't promise a scholarship to Boyle, who verbally committed to Boston College before the Eagles changed coaches.

“I don't think they have anything available for him,” said Marinan, who added Oregon remains interested.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/college/ncaa ... z2JqWUaKG4
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook
bruisertm
n00b

Postby joeyfenn on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:33 am

Shaddix wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:

He eliminated Cinci, its between BC and Memphis. I think it'll be BC, heard he had a great visit

Lots on the twitter machine. BC loves to dress kids up in the uniforms and gloves to get them in that mindset. Kids love to post pictures of it. I think RD5 is ours
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:43 pm

Can we expect any announcements before NSD?
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:47 pm

GT BoSox wrote:Can we expect any announcements before NSD?

He said he will announce on national signing day
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:48 pm

HJS wrote:

I wasnt impressed with DelFriscos in NYC, pretty room and good location, but didnt do it for me. Never been to CG. Capital Grille seems to be higher rated in Boston, but I love DelFrisco's full name: Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby thebigskinny31 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:45 pm

Boyle just commited to UConn via his Twitter
thebigskinny31
Carney Hall

Postby footer20 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:54 pm

thebigskinny31 wrote:Boyle just commited to UConn via his Twitter

Fuck errrrrrrrybody from BC
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:12 pm

This sucks, Cant say I blame him tho. Dont really get going to yukon. If I were in his shoes, I would prep somewhere for a year and go to an actual D1 school since it seemed like alot of his real options were limited due to class size and how late it was in the process.
BCSUPERFAN22
Campion Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Shaddix wrote:
GT BoSox wrote:Can we expect any announcements before NSD?

He said he will announce on national signing day

That's Davis, but is there anyone else?
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:58 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:

This sucks, Cant say I blame him tho. Dont really get going to yukon. If I were in his shoes, I would prep somewhere for a year and go to an actual D1 school since it seemed like alot of his real options were limited due to class size and how late it was in the process.

The fact that he committed to UCONN, a team in a terrible, unstable conference, and with a tenuous coaching situation speaks volumes. The Dazzler just pushed away one of our highest rated committed recruits. This blowhard is a fucking douchebag.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby maxwell22 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:45 pm

Boyle was our best recruit!
I think that the UConn recruit class of 2013 is much better than the 2013 coming to BC.
Thus far, not a single offensive lineman in the class!

Next big question: Who will transfer???????
maxwell22
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium