2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby footer20 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:36 am

Watching Julian's tape, he's the most important target. He's got the size, speed, and the arm, The offense could be pretty innovative with him. I'm not ready to say he's better than Boyle or Lowrie though. Daz needs all 3 on campus competing this year for next years starting spot. Then, take 1 as a redshirt freshman and edit your offense to suit his abilities.
User avatar
footer20
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:09 pm
Karma: 40

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby 31southst on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:14 am

footer20 wrote:Watching Julian's tape, he's the most important target. He's got the size, speed, and the arm, The offense could be pretty innovative with him. I'm not ready to say he's better than Boyle or Lowrie though. Daz needs all 3 on campus competing this year for next years starting spot. Then, take 1 as a redshirt freshman and edit your offense to suit his abilities.


Agreed, all three are varying levels of well-regarded. Give them all a shot and see who replaces Chase. BC is a school that will generally need a good QB to be successful, so I have no problem with making sure we get one. My only fear is that Daz will slant the competition towards a mobile QB even if it's clear that Boyle is the best QB.
31southst
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:30 pm
Karma: 160

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby Shaddix on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:18 am

31southst wrote:
footer20 wrote:Watching Julian's tape, he's the most important target. He's got the size, speed, and the arm, The offense could be pretty innovative with him. I'm not ready to say he's better than Boyle or Lowrie though. Daz needs all 3 on campus competing this year for next years starting spot. Then, take 1 as a redshirt freshman and edit your offense to suit his abilities.


Agreed, all three are varying levels of well-regarded. Give them all a shot and see who replaces Chase. BC is a school that will generally need a good QB to be successful, so I have no problem with making sure we get one. My only fear is that Daz will slant the competition towards a mobile QB even if it's clear that Boyle is the best QB.


If Florida wanted Boyle, then he can clearly move
Shaddix
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:37 pm
Karma: 2

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:35 am

I don't really care about recruiting territories. The only true "territory" we need to protect is the Cincinnati area. The Northeast is our backyard so we will recruit there regardless of who is on the staff. As for other areas, I think we should just send coaches where they have connections and can get kids. I don't care if it is Texas, Chicago, Florida, California, wherever. Get 12 kids from New England/NJ/NY/Philly, two or three from Cinci and then round out the class from around the country.
ATLeagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2376
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:13 am
Karma: 339

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 am

As for recruiting territories, it would certainly help if someone has North Jersey recruiting ties. That said, Jersey is going to get harder and harder to recruit. Rutgers will continue to be relevant though I don't expect that they will land any more kids than they have in recent years. The Big Ten move solidifies the future of their program, but it likely will significantly cut their success (which was born exclusively from terrible scheduling). However, the Big Ten move will make all the Big Ten schools much more attractive an alternative than BC. BC should, however, still be able to land a few kids who are looking for academics. But, I don't believe we will ever see years where we land any more than 5 from the Garden State.

I am disappointed that we don't have anyone assigned to Cali. BC has a very good reputation out there. Cali sends a ton of regular students to BC every year. It has robust Catholic schools. And, BC FB and BB has proven that they can land top talent from the State. I'm not suggestion we have a guy who visits every school. But, I certainly would like one of these last two hires to have a connection or two out there and is willing to reach out to the Catholic schools (in a somewhat targetted attempt). I think the same could be said about Texas.
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 10437
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 57

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:47 am

HJS wrote:As for recruiting territories, it would certainly help if someone has North Jersey recruiting ties. That said, Jersey is going to get harder and harder to recruit. Rutgers will continue to be relevant though I don't expect that they will land any more kids than they have in recent years. The Big Ten move solidifies the future of their program, but it likely will significantly cut their success (which was born exclusively from terrible scheduling). However, the Big Ten move will make all the Big Ten schools much more attractive an alternative than BC. BC should, however, still be able to land a few kids who are looking for academics. But, I don't believe we will ever see years where we land any more than 5 from the Garden State.

I am disappointed that we don't have anyone assigned to Cali. BC has a very good reputation out there. Cali sends a ton of regular students to BC every year. It has robust Catholic schools. And, BC FB and BB has proven that they can land top talent from the State. I'm not suggestion we have a guy who visits every school. But, I certainly would like one of these last two hires to have a connection or two out there and is willing to reach out to the Catholic schools (in a somewhat targetted attempt). I think the same could be said about Texas.


Why is Jersey going to be harder? I agree that Rutgers will not return to a non-entity. I think the combination of a bad hire in Flood and real competition will probably result in a lot of 5-6 win bottom of conference records in the short term, but they will not be pre-Schiano rutgers again. I think the question turns to whether Spaz has caused enough reputational damage that our own unattractiveness carry significantly beyond his tenure. This seems possible. It no longer seems as likely that Syracuse will be the threat they were on a trajectory to be. The factories have always or at least for the last decade plus come in to NJ and taken their pick of top guys, so I don't see that as changing. I guess Golden is making Miami more of a player than they have been. I see NJ recruiting remaining more difficult than it was 5 years ago but I don't understand why it would be harder? Also as something of an aside, in the last 10 recruiting classes we have signed 5 NJ recruits two times, once in Jags' 2008 class and once in Spaz's 2011 class, TOB did 4 once in the Toal class. TOB's 1999 class did have 7, but is an outlier in terms of numbers.
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11929
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2350

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:07 pm

eagle9903 wrote:
HJS wrote:As for recruiting territories, it would certainly help if someone has North Jersey recruiting ties. That said, Jersey is going to get harder and harder to recruit. Rutgers will continue to be relevant though I don't expect that they will land any more kids than they have in recent years. The Big Ten move solidifies the future of their program, but it likely will significantly cut their success (which was born exclusively from terrible scheduling). However, the Big Ten move will make all the Big Ten schools much more attractive an alternative than BC. BC should, however, still be able to land a few kids who are looking for academics. But, I don't believe we will ever see years where we land any more than 5 from the Garden State.

I am disappointed that we don't have anyone assigned to Cali. BC has a very good reputation out there. Cali sends a ton of regular students to BC every year. It has robust Catholic schools. And, BC FB and BB has proven that they can land top talent from the State. I'm not suggestion we have a guy who visits every school. But, I certainly would like one of these last two hires to have a connection or two out there and is willing to reach out to the Catholic schools (in a somewhat targetted attempt). I think the same could be said about Texas.


Why is Jersey going to be harder? I agree that Rutgers will not return to a non-entity. I think the combination of a bad hire in Flood and real competition will probably result in a lot of 5-6 win bottom of conference records in the short term, but they will not be pre-Schiano rutgers again. I think the question turns to whether Spaz has caused enough reputational damage that our own unattractiveness carry significantly beyond his tenure. This seems possible. It no longer seems as likely that Syracuse will be the threat they were on a trajectory to be. The factories have always or at least for the last decade plus come in to NJ and taken their pick of top guys, so I don't see that as changing. I guess Golden is making Miami more of a player than they have been. I see NJ recruiting remaining more difficult than it was 5 years ago but I don't understand why it would be harder? Also as something of an aside, in the last 10 recruiting classes we have signed 5 NJ recruits two times, once in Jags' 2008 class and once in Spaz's 2011 class, TOB did 4 once in the Toal class. TOB's 1999 class did have 7, but is an outlier in terms of numbers.

The factories have rarely had trouble identifying and plucking the elite from Jersey. In the late 90s/early 00s, BC did very well with landing that "next level" from the State. Schiano targetted those kids in his rise. RU will still have some success with those kids just because they won't be falling into oblivion like UConn. That said, what makes it HARDER is the increased attention schools like Purdue, Illinois, Iowa, Northwestern, MSU, WIsco, Nebraska and PSU will place on the State. If a kid wants to leave the Jerz, he will likely favor other Big Ten schools (as Jersey will now be bombarded with Big Ten nonsense).
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 10437
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 57

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:20 pm

HJS wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
HJS wrote:As for recruiting territories, it would certainly help if someone has North Jersey recruiting ties. That said, Jersey is going to get harder and harder to recruit. Rutgers will continue to be relevant though I don't expect that they will land any more kids than they have in recent years. The Big Ten move solidifies the future of their program, but it likely will significantly cut their success (which was born exclusively from terrible scheduling). However, the Big Ten move will make all the Big Ten schools much more attractive an alternative than BC. BC should, however, still be able to land a few kids who are looking for academics. But, I don't believe we will ever see years where we land any more than 5 from the Garden State.

I am disappointed that we don't have anyone assigned to Cali. BC has a very good reputation out there. Cali sends a ton of regular students to BC every year. It has robust Catholic schools. And, BC FB and BB has proven that they can land top talent from the State. I'm not suggestion we have a guy who visits every school. But, I certainly would like one of these last two hires to have a connection or two out there and is willing to reach out to the Catholic schools (in a somewhat targetted attempt). I think the same could be said about Texas.


Why is Jersey going to be harder? I agree that Rutgers will not return to a non-entity. I think the combination of a bad hire in Flood and real competition will probably result in a lot of 5-6 win bottom of conference records in the short term, but they will not be pre-Schiano rutgers again. I think the question turns to whether Spaz has caused enough reputational damage that our own unattractiveness carry significantly beyond his tenure. This seems possible. It no longer seems as likely that Syracuse will be the threat they were on a trajectory to be. The factories have always or at least for the last decade plus come in to NJ and taken their pick of top guys, so I don't see that as changing. I guess Golden is making Miami more of a player than they have been. I see NJ recruiting remaining more difficult than it was 5 years ago but I don't understand why it would be harder? Also as something of an aside, in the last 10 recruiting classes we have signed 5 NJ recruits two times, once in Jags' 2008 class and once in Spaz's 2011 class, TOB did 4 once in the Toal class. TOB's 1999 class did have 7, but is an outlier in terms of numbers.

The factories have rarely had trouble identifying and plucking the elite from Jersey. In the late 90s/early 00s, BC did very well with landing that "next level" from the State. Schiano targetted those kids in his rise. RU will still have some success with those kids just because they won't be falling into oblivion like UConn. That said, what makes it HARDER is the increased attention schools like Purdue, Illinois, Iowa, Northwestern, MSU, WIsco, Nebraska and PSU will place on the State. If a kid wants to leave the Jerz, he will likely favor other Big Ten schools (as Jersey will now be bombarded with Big Ten nonsense).


The BigTen angle could well make it more difficult for BC. Iowa has definitely gotten a fair amount of NJ recruits over the last decade+ and Wisconsin has had some involvement and I would not be surprised to see more. PSU was a much bigger player before the latter part of Joe Pa's run. I'd imagine they will return to what they were. That may bite us, or it may bite Rutgers, which then in turn might bite us. What will be interesting is whether we can get back to the 2008-2010 level where it is not a nearly foregone conclusion that an NJ recruit would pick Rutgers over BC (prior to that time the opposite was mostly true).
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11929
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2350

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby GT BoSox on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:45 pm

Webb down to 3

The 5-foot-9, 185-pound back says that it is a three team race for his services as of today.

“Boston College, FAU, and Minnesota,” Webb said. “No order.”

Other schools trying to make an impact with Webb down the stretch include South Florida, who has offered, and Vanderbilt, who has not offered.
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:38 pm
Karma: -10

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby SeaCaptim on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:56 pm

From whom, did BC receive a commitment late today?
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:15 pm
Karma: -31

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:08 pm

SeaCaptim wrote:From whom, did BC receive a commitment late today?


?? there is a snarky post on EA titled "commitment" where the body of the post reads something along the lines of just wanted to make sure the word wasn't banned on this site. Is that why you're asking or have you heard something?
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11929
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2350

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby SeaCaptim on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Eagle Action premium post..
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:15 pm
Karma: -31

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:13 pm

SeaCaptim wrote:Eagle Action premium post..


The one I just referred to by Deck27?
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11929
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2350

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby SeaCaptim on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:19 pm

Stony Brook board was getting real nervous about their 2 star QB commit, who supposedly is as bad as Dominique Davis.. I incorrectly guessed that BC must have swooped in and snared him. We have needs pressing needs at DL, LB, WR, DB (need about 4), TE, OL and we are looking for a QB who is a project.
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:15 pm
Karma: -31

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby GT BoSox on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:49 am

Webb will be announcing his college decision next Monday.
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:38 pm
Karma: -10

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby chuckiedukes on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:21 am

I realize we went 2-10 last year but for the recruiting gurus, what would it say about our future under Dazzler if we couldn't beat out FAU and Minnesota for a two-star RB? Would this be a major red flag coming on the heels of the Monteroso and Daniels decommits, or just a sad reality for for any 2-10 team going through a coaching transition?
chuckiedukes
n00b
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:54 am
Karma: 11

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:22 am

SeaCaptim wrote:Stony Brook board was getting real nervous about their 2 star QB commit, who supposedly is as bad as Dominique Davis.. I incorrectly guessed that BC must have swooped in and snared him. We have needs pressing needs at DL, LB, WR, DB (need about 4), TE, OL and we are looking for a QB who is a project.


I would take a lot of Stony Brook recruits right now, they're better than BC at football.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20291
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 1537


Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:45 am

HJS wrote:BC is apparently looking at a Ray Rice-like RB...
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/405678/#highlights/18284413



He is the new "target" in TOS' Notebook. Says he is a "high character" kid which usually means slow.
User avatar
DomingoOrtiz
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 4690
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 296

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby GT BoSox on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:21 pm

According to ESPN, BC is unlikely to bring in Julian.

So, I don't know about EA or EO, but 247 said that BC leads for Julian.

Gotta renew my ESPN subscription, so if anyone has access to insider, can you post the full breakdown on BC in the "ACC Recruiting Breakdown"?
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:38 pm
Karma: -10

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby Shaddix on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:35 pm

GT BoSox wrote:According to ESPN, BC is unlikely to bring in Julian.

So, I don't know about EA or EO, but 247 said that BC leads for Julian.

Gotta renew my ESPN subscription, so if anyone has access to insider, can you post the full breakdown on BC in the "ACC Recruiting Breakdown"?


It's not even worth posting. ESPN is the worst unless its Bama, Florida, Florida State, LSU, or Auburn.
Shaddix
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:37 pm
Karma: 2

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby GT BoSox on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Shaddix wrote:
GT BoSox wrote:According to ESPN, BC is unlikely to bring in Julian.

So, I don't know about EA or EO, but 247 said that BC leads for Julian.

Gotta renew my ESPN subscription, so if anyone has access to insider, can you post the full breakdown on BC in the "ACC Recruiting Breakdown"?


It's not even worth posting. ESPN is the worst unless its Bama, Florida, Florida State, LSU, or Auburn.


That's very true.
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:38 pm
Karma: -10

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby chuckiedukes on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:04 pm

Boston College
Commitments: 15
ESPN 300 commitments: 0
Who they have: New coach Steve Addazio did a good job of keeping the class intact for the most part when he arrived to Boston College. Addazio is a Northeast guy and should do well recruiting in the future, too. The key was keeping top-rated commit and No. 36 pocket passer Tim Boyle (Middletown, Conn./Xavier). Boyle will have a few targets joining him in three-star receivers Charles Callinan (Jersey City, N.J./St. Peter's Prep) and Dan Monteroso (St. Clairsville, Ohio/St. Clairsville). The staff also did a good job of keeping Myles Willis in the class as Willis considered visiting schools when Frank Spaziani was let go.
Who they want: The weekend of Jan. 18 was supposed to be a big visitor weekend for the Eagles, but the list of visitors kept getting smaller as the weekend began. Three-star Gainesville (Fla.) running back Raphael Webb and Silas Spearman (Loxahatchee, Fla./Seminole) made the visit from the Sunshine State. The Eagles were hoping to get a chance to flip Damon Mitchell and Wendell Dunn, but neither made the trip. Hilton Head (S.C.) quarterback Michael Julian is a prospect the Eagles want to bring in as well, but it appears unlikely they will have an opportunity. Three-star guard Jack McDonald is from the Eagles' backyard in Boston College High School, but he is committed to Virginia.
-- Jared Shanker
chuckiedukes
n00b
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:54 am
Karma: 11

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby GT BoSox on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:22 pm

chuckiedukes wrote:Boston College
Commitments: 15
ESPN 300 commitments: 0
Who they have: New coach Steve Addazio did a good job of keeping the class intact for the most part when he arrived to Boston College. Addazio is a Northeast guy and should do well recruiting in the future, too. The key was keeping top-rated commit and No. 36 pocket passer Tim Boyle (Middletown, Conn./Xavier). Boyle will have a few targets joining him in three-star receivers Charles Callinan (Jersey City, N.J./St. Peter's Prep) and Dan Monteroso (St. Clairsville, Ohio/St. Clairsville). The staff also did a good job of keeping Myles Willis in the class as Willis considered visiting schools when Frank Spaziani was let go.
Who they want: The weekend of Jan. 18 was supposed to be a big visitor weekend for the Eagles, but the list of visitors kept getting smaller as the weekend began. Three-star Gainesville (Fla.) running back Raphael Webb and Silas Spearman (Loxahatchee, Fla./Seminole) made the visit from the Sunshine State. The Eagles were hoping to get a chance to flip Damon Mitchell and Wendell Dunn, but neither made the trip. Hilton Head (S.C.) quarterback Michael Julian is a prospect the Eagles want to bring in as well, but it appears unlikely they will have an opportunity. Three-star guard Jack McDonald is from the Eagles' backyard in Boston College High School, but he is committed to Virginia.
-- Jared Shanker


That's what I saw. Thought there was more...

I see they must have missed the fact that Monteroso de-committed.
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:38 pm
Karma: -10

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby Shaddix on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:32 pm

GT BoSox wrote:
chuckiedukes wrote:Boston College
Commitments: 15
ESPN 300 commitments: 0
Who they have: New coach Steve Addazio did a good job of keeping the class intact for the most part when he arrived to Boston College. Addazio is a Northeast guy and should do well recruiting in the future, too. The key was keeping top-rated commit and No. 36 pocket passer Tim Boyle (Middletown, Conn./Xavier). Boyle will have a few targets joining him in three-star receivers Charles Callinan (Jersey City, N.J./St. Peter's Prep) and Dan Monteroso (St. Clairsville, Ohio/St. Clairsville). The staff also did a good job of keeping Myles Willis in the class as Willis considered visiting schools when Frank Spaziani was let go.
Who they want: The weekend of Jan. 18 was supposed to be a big visitor weekend for the Eagles, but the list of visitors kept getting smaller as the weekend began. Three-star Gainesville (Fla.) running back Raphael Webb and Silas Spearman (Loxahatchee, Fla./Seminole) made the visit from the Sunshine State. The Eagles were hoping to get a chance to flip Damon Mitchell and Wendell Dunn, but neither made the trip. Hilton Head (S.C.) quarterback Michael Julian is a prospect the Eagles want to bring in as well, but it appears unlikely they will have an opportunity. Three-star guard Jack McDonald is from the Eagles' backyard in Boston College High School, but he is committed to Virginia.
-- Jared Shanker


That's what I saw. Thought there was more...

I see they must have missed the fact that Monteroso de-committed.


It was probably written last week, before Julian visited.
Shaddix
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:37 pm
Karma: 2

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:36 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
HJS wrote:BC is apparently looking at a Ray Rice-like RB...
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/405678/#highlights/18284413



He is the new "target" in TOS' Notebook. Says he is a "high character" kid which usually means slow.


other new "targets"

A USF commit DE named Robert Garcia who the staff visited last week and a WR named Tristan Cooper. Also, I think this was on here already, they are going after James Walsh who is a current Ohio commit if they can't get Julian.
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11929
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2350

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:48 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
HJS wrote:BC is apparently looking at a Ray Rice-like RB...
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/405678/#highlights/18284413



He is the new "target" in TOS' Notebook. Says he is a "high character" kid which usually means slow.

Call me crazy, but I'm impressed with his film.
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 10437
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 57

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:51 pm

HJS wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
HJS wrote:BC is apparently looking at a Ray Rice-like RB...
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/405678/#highlights/18284413



He is the new "target" in TOS' Notebook. Says he is a "high character" kid which usually means slow.

Call me crazy, but I'm impressed with his film.


Seconded.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20291
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 1537

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:00 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
HJS wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
HJS wrote:BC is apparently looking at a Ray Rice-like RB...
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/405678/#highlights/18284413



He is the new "target" in TOS' Notebook. Says he is a "high character" kid which usually means slow.

Call me crazy, but I'm impressed with his film.


Seconded.


what is the competition like?
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11929
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2350

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:09 pm

eagle9903 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
HJS wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
HJS wrote:BC is apparently looking at a Ray Rice-like RB...
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/405678/#highlights/18284413



He is the new "target" in TOS' Notebook. Says he is a "high character" kid which usually means slow.

Call me crazy, but I'm impressed with his film.


Seconded.


what is the competition like?


It's a suburb of Syracuse, so "mediocre" is probably fair. Not sure what level his school is playing.

EDIT: the high school has 1421 students so it is probably close to class A
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20291
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 1537

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BCMurt09, Google [Bot], Irishriviera and 10 guests

Untitled document