ACC Network on the way?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: ACC Network on the way?

Postby Walsh601 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:17 pm

eagle9903 wrote:
Walsh601 wrote:
Forbes' most valuable leagues based on TV, NCAA, bowl revenue: B1G, Pac-12, ACC, SEC, Big 12, Big East, C-USA, MAC, MWC, WAC, SB


https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/291588695725850625


What do they add all the years of our contract together?


No idea, searching for the article.
Walsh601
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:14 pm
Karma: 19

Re: ACC Network on the way?

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:22 pm

Walsh601 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
Walsh601 wrote:
Forbes' most valuable leagues based on TV, NCAA, bowl revenue: B1G, Pac-12, ACC, SEC, Big 12, Big East, C-USA, MAC, MWC, WAC, SB


https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/291588695725850625


What do they add all the years of our contract together?


No idea, searching for the article.


So, it is because the SEC hasn't gotten its new contract yet and because the Big12 has less teams. Also it doesn't take into account any of the new bowl arrangements as best as I can tell.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2013/01/16/the-most-valuable-conferences-in-college-sports/
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11811
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2302

Re: ACC Network on the way?

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:16 am

This TV network would have been a great idea when FSU and Clemson were still in the ACC
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19398
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 1499

Re: ACC Network on the way?

Postby AdamBC on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:32 am

twballgame9 wrote:This TV network would have been a great idea when FSU and Clemson were still in the ACC


Image
User avatar
AdamBC
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2411
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:57 pm
Karma: 225

Re: ACC Network on the way?

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:11 pm

AdamBC wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:This TV network would have been a great idea when FSU and Clemson were still in the ACC


Image


question: if this guy and ATL's girl had a baby, would it have a normal neck?
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9435
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: On location at Ped State
Karma: -22

Re: ACC Network on the way?

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:31 pm

hansen wrote:
AdamBC wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:This TV network would have been a great idea when FSU and Clemson were still in the ACC


Image


question: if this guy and ATL's girl had a baby, would it have a normal neck?


Image
User avatar
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11499
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:25 pm
Location: A Chalupa Stand
Karma: 2602

Re: ACC Network on the way?

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:52 pm

more imporant - what would the pubes look like?
Boston College Basketball
Buell, Ryan
DeLuca, Fred
Harper, Valerie
James, Clive
Johnson, Wilko
Redner, Joe
Simon, Sam
Thorson, Scott
Travis, Randy
Yousafzai, Malala
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8583
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 3666

Re: ACC Network on the way?

Postby Walsh601 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:57 am

What about the possibility of an ACC TV network? Where do those talks stand right now?

JS: We’re having that conversation. We’re looking at it in a very strategic way to see if it is feasible and is the best route for us to go moving forward. We’re all in with ESPN in our contractual agreements. We’re having discussions on those moving forward with Notre Dame as a part of that, and then Louisville becoming a member of the league. We’re looking at the current structure, as well as the possibility of a channel. And those discussions all involve ESPN. The good news is that in terms of distribution, when you’re with ESPN and their commitment to the new technology that’s there and the ability to show content anywhere, anytime, anyplace, basically, as we look forward from a distribution standpoint, we’re in great shape. From a financial standpoint, we’re by far better off than we’ve ever been before as a league -- quite competitive, generally speaking, with other leagues at our level. We’re analyzing that with the help of Wasserman and ESPN. That will take a period of time to thoroughly evaluate and see what the possibilities are and if it’s in our best interest to go that route or not.


http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/52337/on-the-record-john-swofford-part-ii

ESPN has the ACC by the balls.
Walsh601
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:14 pm
Karma: 19

Re: ACC Network on the way?

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:23 am

Walsh601 wrote:
What about the possibility of an ACC TV network? Where do those talks stand right now?

JS: We’re having that conversation. We’re looking at it in a very strategic way to see if it is feasible and is the best route for us to go moving forward. We’re all in with ESPN in our contractual agreements. We’re having discussions on those moving forward with Notre Dame as a part of that, and then Louisville becoming a member of the league. We’re looking at the current structure, as well as the possibility of a channel. And those discussions all involve ESPN. The good news is that in terms of distribution, when you’re with ESPN and their commitment to the new technology that’s there and the ability to show content anywhere, anytime, anyplace, basically, as we look forward from a distribution standpoint, we’re in great shape. From a financial standpoint, we’re by far better off than we’ve ever been before as a league -- quite competitive, generally speaking, with other leagues at our level. We’re analyzing that with the help of Wasserman and ESPN. That will take a period of time to thoroughly evaluate and see what the possibilities are and if it’s in our best interest to go that route or not.


http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/52337/on-the-record-john-swofford-part-ii

ESPN has the ACC by the balls.


Yes, pretty much.
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11811
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2302

Re: ACC Network on the way?

Postby HJS on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:16 pm

First, this isn't news. It's what I've (and others) have been saying regarding the all-in nature of the low-ball ESPN deal. Where it really hurts us is that ESPN isn't going to explore an ACC channel (even if it helps us and them) if it has ANY negative impact on what they are hoping to do for the SEC. Essentially, ESPN has very little motivation to help us out (other than the risk that we go the way of the NNBE).

Second, I thought the first part of the interview was more enlightening:
Onto the topic of Maryland. Where does that lawsuit currently stand, and when do you expect a resolution with that?
JS: Well, I wouldn’t give any predictions on that. It’s a legal matter our legal team will be handling. Certainly we continue to wish Maryland the best as they make their transition to the Big Ten. Simply put, there’s an expectation from our league and our council of presidents that the obligation of leaving is appropriately fulfilled.

Is it even more important that that obligation is fulfilled, considering the Big 12 hasn’t ruled out expansion?
JS: I don’t really see any direct correlation there.

Is it important to send a message to other schools that you can’t get away with this, considering other conferences are still exploring the option of adding more teams?
JS: First of all, I don’t think there’s anyone who has any interest in leaving. I think we’re sprinting into the future with 14 schools that are very committed to each other. We don’t really relate this to any other conference, really. It’s really about the obligation of membership in the league.

What can you tell me about the reports that have surfaced about talks of an ACC-Big 12 alliance?
JS: It’s very preliminary. We had some discussions at our recent meetings, regularly scheduled winter meetings. Bob Bowlsby and I have had some discussions. We’ve had some discussions with some other conferences, too, about getting scheduling alliances, bowls in general, any kind of collaboration with other conferences that’s good for both conferences, I think in today’s world, could potentially be very positive. We’ll look into that with a subcommittee that will take a look and have some discussions in terms of what that might mean for the future and whether it can be beneficial to our conference as well as any other conference we would talk with about that. It’s early in discussions, but we want to thoroughly explore any and all possibilities that are out there in regards to that, that would prove to be mutually beneficial.
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 10170
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 82

Re: ACC Network on the way?

Postby RegalBCeagle on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:07 pm

I like that the interviews use the initials "JS".

I will forever envision HJS standing for "Homo John Swofford" from now on.
User avatar
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2078
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:55 pm
Karma: 173

Re: ACC Network on the way?

Postby hansen on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:26 pm

RegalBCeagle wrote:I like that the interviews use the initials "JS".

I will forever envision HJS standing for "Homo John Swofford" from now on.


so HJS anger at Swofford is really self-loathing? is it because of his homosexuality or his supposed deficiencies as a negotiator? What does IB think of this new development?

THIS IS IMPORTANT
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9435
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: On location at Ped State
Karma: -22

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LawyersGunsnMoney and 4 guests

Untitled document