2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby MattTheEagle on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:28 pm

HJS wrote:This really unlike when he said that he loved the Stank Daziani hire so long as he didn't bring his coordinators from Temple. But, is excited to see what Chase Rettig can do with Ryan Day calling plays.

MattTheEagle
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 739
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:30 pm
Karma: 48

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:42 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:I am not sure how much we needed a kicker in this class so hopefully we can use the spot for a higher need. By my math, we only have 17 spots for this class and now have 16 commits.


I thought the number was higher for this class, around 21-23.



I get 69 players on scholarship and that does not include any former walkons, Shinskie or Kaleb Ramsey. So it would actually be 16 spots available (I missed Matthews the first time).
User avatar
DomingoOrtiz
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 4524
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 292

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby NJM89 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:12 pm

DuchesneEast wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:Michael Geiger was actually probably the most talented player in this class. He was the #1 rated kicker according to rivals. That's a sucky loss.


After the SuperFan and seeing what Freese can do, it is a huge loss. I have no faith in Adazzio if he cant keep the few guys we have around.


Freese went 18-20 fg wit 24-24 for xps. Looks pretty good to me
Image
User avatar
NJM89
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:18 pm
Karma: 41

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby 31southst on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:50 pm

Spaz for whatever reason liked to offer kickers a year before we truly needed them (see Freese and Howell redshirting). If Howell is a decent punter, we don't need a kicker in this class. While it's disappointing to lose someone who is clearly good, it happened so fast that I don't find it a knock on Addazio. However, if we start losing guys like Willis and Daniesl after Daz gets in-home visits, that's a very bad sign.
31southst
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:30 pm
Karma: 160

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby EagleNYC on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:03 pm

Billy Bennett was also the number one kicker in the country. Just saying
EagleNYC
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1665
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:11 am
Karma: 145

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:22 pm

Nate Freese is one of the better kickers in the country, and has an NFL leg. However, the problem with Geiger de-committing is that Freese will eventually have to graduate someday and Geiger would take his spot. Can't believe I have to explain this.
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3414
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Ask campion or TRE.
Karma: 99

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby Shaddix on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:30 pm

BCEagles25 wrote:Nate Freese is one of the better kickers in the country, and has an NFL leg. However, the problem with Geiger de-committing is that Freese will eventually have to graduate someday and Geiger would take his spot. Can't believe I have to explain this.


Are you not familiar with Alexander Howell?
Shaddix
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:37 pm
Karma: 0

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:32 pm

apbc12 wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote: For everyone who says we have Howell for 3 years, if he's so good why didn't he punt this year over walk on Gerald levano who really was not good.

Exactly. And if Al Louis Jean is so good, why didn't he take Spiffy Evans' spot at WR? Spiffy was bad, too.

You people are crazy as fuck.


there are like 5 people in this thread with hundreds of posts that i had never seen. let the weird0s be weird0s
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 4997
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 281

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:33 pm

Shaddix wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:Nate Freese is one of the better kickers in the country, and has an NFL leg. However, the problem with Geiger de-committing is that Freese will eventually have to graduate someday and Geiger would take his spot. Can't believe I have to explain this.


Are you not familiar with Alexander Howell?


any relation to Image, good friend of bcalanhale?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 4997
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 281

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:44 pm

Addazio visiting all remaining committed recruits and supposedly going after a big time South Florida dual threat QB decommit.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:30 am
Karma: 30

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby Shaddix on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:05 pm

Oliver Closeoff wrote:Addazio visiting all remaining committed recruits and supposedly going after a big time South Florida dual threat QB decommit.


Asiantii Woulard. He's legit. Jeff Badet also decommitted from them, maybe he's recruiting both? I think they are pretty good friends if I remember correctly

EDIT: Nvm, I was thinking the UCF WR. Bdet was recruited by BC and had them in his top 3, he will probably commit if Addazio wants him.
Shaddix
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:37 pm
Karma: 0

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:06 pm

Shaddix wrote:
Oliver Closeoff wrote:Addazio visiting all remaining committed recruits and supposedly going after a big time South Florida dual threat QB decommit.


Asiantii Woulard. He's legit. Jeff Badet also decommitted from them, maybe he's recruiting both? I think they are pretty good friends if I remember correctly

EDIT: Nvm, I was thinking the UCF WR. Bdet was recruited by BC and had them in his top 3, he will probably commit if Addazio wants him.


No i think you are right. Badet was committed to USF and picked them over BC. I think Louisville is back in play since he de commited as is BC. Badet goes to the same high school as Kevin Maurice (Freedom HS in Orland) who is also a BC recruit.
Image
BCSUPERFAN22
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Location: Fairfield, Connecticut
Karma: 7

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:47 am

Oliver Closeoff wrote:Addazio visiting all remaining committed recruits and supposedly going after a big time South Florida dual threat QB decommit.


The Rivals guys said he is visiting Daniels, Milano, Willis, Barksdale (not Avon), Kavalec, Monteroso and John Johnson this week.
User avatar
DomingoOrtiz
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 4524
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 292

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:47 am

http://247sports.com/Player/Rapheal-Webb-15422

Chris Née from 247 says Raphael Webb (RB from Gainesville) expects offer by end of week.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Rapheal-Webb-15422/RecruitInterests
Image
BCSUPERFAN22
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Location: Fairfield, Connecticut
Karma: 7

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:53 am

Out of curiosity, where are the scholarships coming from for these guys? I was under the impression Spaz liked to wrap up recruiting by August and that we only had a few schollies left. Glad to see Addazio out there, but not sure how many new guys we can take.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19158
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 1480

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:56 am

twballgame9 wrote:Out of curiosity, where are the scholarships coming from for these guys? I was under the impression Spaz liked to wrap up recruiting by August and that we only had a few schollies left. Glad to see Addazio out there, but not sure how many new guys we can take.


I assume they are expecting further attrition from the current recruiting class and probably some current players.
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11756
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2278

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:41 am

If he takes Woulard I imagine the other QBs will see the writing on the wall a la Kenny Plue. I doubt we take 3 QBs in one class.
ATLeagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:13 am
Karma: 338

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:48 am

ATLeagle wrote:If he takes Woulard I imagine the other QBs will see the writing on the wall a la Kenny Plue. I doubt we take 3 QBs in one class.



Do you see more than 16 available scholarships right now?
User avatar
DomingoOrtiz
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 4524
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 292

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:27 pm

Watched some Woulard highlights. He looks very, very good.
Image
User avatar
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 6639
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:14 pm
Karma: 1160

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby hinghameagle on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:48 pm

I get the sense that Wouliard is better suited for the type of offense that Dazz will want to run rather than the Boyle/Suntrip, Lowrie, combo.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:53 pm
Karma: 18

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby mjago410 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Does anyone know how serious the Woulard thing is? Cause this kid won the MVP award at the Elite 11 ESPN thing.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8268974/final-elite-11-rankings
That would be some signing.
Image
Brandeis, please rise for the Honorable Judge Moton
mjago410
n00b
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:27 pm
Karma: 38

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 pm

mjago410 wrote:Does anyone know how serious the Woulard thing is? Cause this kid won the MVP award at the Elite 11 ESPN thing.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8268974/final-elite-11-rankings
That would be some signing.


I have no idea how serious it is (my guess would be we have a chance but aren't the favorite), it is a little concerning that even though he is a 4 star and has accolades like you mention in your post that his best offers are on the level of Us, Cinci, Duke, Wake, UConn, Indiana, Cuse, USF, and Maryland and that he has interest but no offer from a lot of bigger programs. I would see that as telling that there is some significant flaw to his game. Based on the offers it seems like academics are not going to be a concern.
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11756
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2278

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:49 pm

As everyone knows, I have always been a proponent of recruiting 1 QB each year. I am also a fan of having BOTH drop-back passers and spread-type Qbs in your program (this is really not unlike where ND finds itself most years). Ideally, I would take all 3 Boyle and Woulard. In fact, weren't we all basically justifying the Lowrie verbal because he could play other positions in college if things didn't work out? Isn't this the same logic with Bordner and Rettig in the same class?
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 10150
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 60

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby UK Eagle on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Are we actually talking about recruiting? Don't think we'd be having the conversation if Spaz we're still in charge
UK Eagle
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:21 pm
Karma: 19

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:00 pm

HJS wrote:As everyone knows, I have always been a proponent of recruiting 1 QB each year. I am also a fan of having BOTH drop-back passers and spread-type Qbs in your program (this is really not unlike where ND finds itself most years). Ideally, I would take all 3 Boyle and Woulard. In fact, weren't we all basically justifying the Lowrie verbal because he could play other positions in college if things didn't work out? Isn't this the same logic with Bordner and Rettig in the same class?


Can you provide an example of a BC qb recruit who played meaningful downs as a non-qb at BC? Is there anyone other than Boek who has played at all? I feel like there might have been in the late 90s-early 2000s but I can't think of who it would be. While hopefully Addazio is a superior roster manager to spaz, I think in all likelihood in practice you would end up losing one of your two qb recruits early on in their careers if you do the spread and drop back wait and see approach.

You aren't advocating that the Bordner/Rettig usage was tenable are you?
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11756
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2278

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:04 pm

eagle9903 wrote:
HJS wrote:As everyone knows, I have always been a proponent of recruiting 1 QB each year. I am also a fan of having BOTH drop-back passers and spread-type Qbs in your program (this is really not unlike where ND finds itself most years). Ideally, I would take all 3 Boyle and Woulard. In fact, weren't we all basically justifying the Lowrie verbal because he could play other positions in college if things didn't work out? Isn't this the same logic with Bordner and Rettig in the same class?


Can you provide an example of a BC qb recruit who played meaningful downs as a non-qb at BC? Is there anyone other than Boek who has played at all? I feel like there might have been in the late 90s-early 2000s but I can't think of who it would be. While hopefully Addazio is a superior roster manager to spaz, I think in all likelihood in practice you would end up losing one of your two qb recruits early on in their careers if you do the spread and drop back wait and see approach.

You aren't advocating that the Bordner/Rettig usage was tenable are you?


Henderson, for one.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19158
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 1480

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:06 pm

shinskie's a long snapper
Boston College Basketball
Buell, Ryan
DeLuca, Fred
Harper, Valerie
James, Clive
Johnson, Wilko
Redner, Joe
Simon, Sam
Thorson, Scott
Travis, Randy
Yousafzai, Malala
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8186
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 3588

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:08 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
HJS wrote:As everyone knows, I have always been a proponent of recruiting 1 QB each year. I am also a fan of having BOTH drop-back passers and spread-type Qbs in your program (this is really not unlike where ND finds itself most years). Ideally, I would take all 3 Boyle and Woulard. In fact, weren't we all basically justifying the Lowrie verbal because he could play other positions in college if things didn't work out? Isn't this the same logic with Bordner and Rettig in the same class?


Can you provide an example of a BC qb recruit who played meaningful downs as a non-qb at BC? Is there anyone other than Boek who has played at all? I feel like there might have been in the late 90s-early 2000s but I can't think of who it would be. While hopefully Addazio is a superior roster manager to spaz, I think in all likelihood in practice you would end up losing one of your two qb recruits early on in their careers if you do the spread and drop back wait and see approach.

You aren't advocating that the Bordner/Rettig usage was tenable are you?


Henderson, for one.


That's who i was thinking of but couldn't remember.
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11756
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2278

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:13 pm

Tuggle
flyingelvii
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4101
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 386

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:15 pm

flyingelvii wrote:Tuggle


at BC - unless this is snark in which case, OK.
Image
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11756
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 2278

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jersey01eagle and 4 guests

Untitled document