Spaz Interview

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Spaz Interview

Postby joesim on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:56 pm

in case u missed it here's Spaz's interview at the acc media day today his interview is around the 3:07 mark
http://www.theacc.com/allaccess/?media=250718
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Re: Spaz Interview

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:48 am

That is the most optimistic I have ever seen him. He actually made me feel pretty good about the season's potential.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:56 am

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:That is the most optimistic I have ever seen him. He actually made me feel pretty good about the season's potential.

He has to know that he owns year 3. He certainly did not leave himself with many/any excuses. The talking points were pretty clear, team before individual records, Orange Bowl or bust. I also like Meterparel's confidence.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:40 am

Good interview - very positive - confident with expectation of success.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:22 am

Our depth is better this year. I like the way Spaz is already punting the FSU game though which is clearly the most important game of the season.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:47 pm

This is the way he should be conducting every interview. It's refreshing to see him not his normal "2 o'clock feeling" self.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:48 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:This is the way he should be conducting every interview. It's refreshing to see him not his normal "2 o'clock feeling" self.

:kudos
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:53 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Our depth is better this year. I like the way Spaz is already punting the FSU game though which is clearly the most important game of the season.

I would have liked it better if he had channeled Jags and said Northwestern was the most important game of the season since it was the next game.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:59 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:That is the most optimistic I have ever seen him. He actually made me feel pretty good about the season's potential.

He has to know that he owns year 3. He certainly did not leave himself with many/any excuses. The talking points were pretty clear, team before individual records, Orange Bowl or bust. I also like Meterparel's confidence.

8-4

lock it
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:08 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

8-4

lock it

did you miss the rogers interview where he basically said that he wished he ended up at the more talent laden notRA dame? no way is this team starting 5-0 and no way are they winning 8 games. mark it down/book it (teddy will have to remind me which one is more serious... that's the one i mean)

4-1 is as likely as 5-0. but they will go 8-4, irregardless
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:12 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: did you miss the rogers interview where he basically said that he wished he ended up at the more talent laden notRA dame? no way is this team starting 5-0 and no way are they winning 8 games. mark it down/book it (teddy will have to remind me which one is more serious... that's the one i mean)

Welcome back Lazarus
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:46 am

Is this interview going to be the impetus for 10-2 season on the boards?!?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby branchinator on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:15 am

I agree with TRE. 8 wins ain't happening because to get to 8 wins would require Spaz to, you know, beat some quality opponents.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:47 am

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: did you miss the rogers interview where he basically said that he wished he ended up at the more talent laden notRA dame? no way is this team starting 5-0 and no way are they winning 8 games. mark it down/book it (teddy will have to remind me which one is more serious... that's the one i mean)

Welcome back Lazarus

4-8 still sounds about right.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:33 am

Q: What was the thinking?

Frank Spaziani: Budweiser was the thinking. (He laughed). I don't know. It was one of those things where you're shooting the breeze, everyone is looking at each other, and I said, 'I think I'll shave my mustache,' just to start a conversation.

Q: How long have you had it?

Spaz: I'll give you an idea without telling you how old I was: When I was in kindergarten the other kids laughed at it.

If you shaved it, it wouldn't take you long to grow it back?

Spaz: There's another one underneath.

Oh, grandpa...tell me again what it was like when milk cost a nickel.

oh and Spaz has an alcohol problem that makes him turn to zany topics!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:38 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Q: What was the thinking?

Frank Spaziani: Budweiser was the thinking. (He laughed). I don't know. It was one of those things where you're shooting the breeze, everyone is looking at each other, and I said, 'I think I'll shave my mustache,' just to start a conversation.

Spaz: I'll give you an idea without telling you how old I was: When I was in kindergarten the other kids laughed at it.

This is some funny shit Pedro
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:54 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Q: What was the thinking?

The Neck didn't mark this up right. It should have been:

Frank Spaziani: Budweiser was the thinking. [laughs] I don't know. It was one of those things where you're shooting the breeze...
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium