This is interesting re:ATL

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

This is interesting re:ATL

Postby BCFAN94 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:57 pm

Bill Maloney "Interesting that @blauds is willing to take @BCGeneD to task re: Uconn but not willing to write real story between his buddy Spaz & Rogers"

Looks like UConn/Big East patsy blads is ATL's source on the Rogers getting fired BS that ATL tweeted/posted. It is interesting huh ATL, he can't be honest because he has to ride on the plane with Spaz but he has no problem with pulling some BS out of the air on Gene D to try to make him look like the bad guy in the ACC situation. Congrats on doing the leg work for a UConn loving BC hater!
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Re: This is interesting re:ATL

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:35 pm

Your conclusion confuses me. As does your reasoning. I did not gain much knowledge from your post. Please do better with your thoughts next time.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:53 pm

You'd be wrong on a lot of fronts there. Blauds is not my source for anything. I've only met him a few times and doubt he could even put a name to my face.

My point with the tweet was that he editorialized and used a lot of anonymous sources regarding this story but wouldn't do the same regarding the Spaz and Rogers blowup. I do know from other people that he was looking for the story but couldn't get the key figures to go on record.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:06 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:You'd be wrong on a lot of fronts there. Blauds is not my source for anything. I've only met him a few times and doubt he could even put a name to my face.

My point with the tweet was that he editorialized and used a lot of anonymous sources regarding this story but wouldn't do the same regarding the Spaz and Rogers blowup. I do know from other people that he was looking for the story but couldn't get the key figures to go on record.

So, your assertation that Bladschaun couldn't be completely honest writing about Spaz and the Rogers situation because he had to ride on the plane with them was something you pulled out of thin air?

http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9970
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:30 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:Bill Maloney "Interesting that @blauds is willing to take @BCGeneD to task re: Uconn but not willing to write real story between his buddy Spaz & Rogers"

Looks like UConn/Big East patsy blads is ATL's source on the Rogers getting fired BS that ATL tweeted/posted. It is interesting huh ATL, he can't be honest because he has to ride on the plane with Spaz but he has no problem with pulling some BS out of the air on Gene D to try to make him look like the bad guy in the ACC situation. Congrats on doing the leg work for a UConn loving BC hater!

Since Rogers being fired was BS and is on medical leave do you expect him to return to BC next season should he find a remedy for his health issues? Rogers was signed to a multi-year contract. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:31 pm

hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BigPete on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:37 pm

Kiwi had a sack today and as a result this dickface 94 has to come on here and assail blogboy once again.

Seriously dude, WTF is your problem? You are the worst poster on this site. You are worse than all of Father Barrett's aliases.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:49 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:You'd be wrong on a lot of fronts there. Blauds is not my source for anything. I've only met him a few times and doubt he could even put a name to my face.

So, your assertation that Bladschaun couldn't be completely honest writing about Spaz and the Rogers situation because he had to ride on the plane with them was something you pulled out of thin air?

Maybe because it was a tweet, it was hard for you to understand.

Blauds has no problem writing "anonymous sources say the real reason for ACC expansion was due to their jealousy of Big East basketball..."

Yet his collegial relationship with BC (from travelling with the team to being buds with Spaz) keeps him from writing "anonymous sources say the real reason for Rogers' leave was due to a blowup with Spaz at the halftime of the UCF game..."
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Forget for the moment that 94 is a cocksucking douchebag. I wonder if this fictionalized article, and the blowback it will certainly receive, will cause an Armageddon of sorts between GDF and Blauds. GDF calls him out for the bullshit... starts restricting access... etc. Blauds counters with articles about Gene's meddling and publishes the rumors out Rogers.

While none of this will help us Bettie of Spaz, it will end Flip's career quite quickly.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bosa90 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:36 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Forget for the moment that 94 is a cocksucking douchebag. I wonder if this fictionalized article, and the blowback it will certainly receive, will cause an Armageddon of sorts between GDF and Blauds. GDF calls him out for the bullshit... starts restricting access... etc. Blauds counters with articles about Gene's meddling and publishes the rumors out Rogers.

While none of this will help us Bettie of Spaz, it will end Flip's career quite quickly.

Surely some of this will help us Bettie of Spaz, no?

:dildodog
bosa90
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:33 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:Bill Maloney "Interesting that @blauds is willing to take @BCGeneD to task re: Uconn but not willing to write real story between his buddy Spaz & Rogers"

Since Rogers being fired was BS and is on medical leave do you expect him to return to BC next season should he find a remedy for his health issues? Rogers was signed to a multi-year contract. :ace

I don't know if it's BS or not and frankly don't care either way. My issue is/was that there are enough real problems so a person who claims to be a credible journalist making unsupported claims about behind the scenes personnel matters to try to make them look worse is not necessary. I think most posters on this board want the same thing, a winning, exciting to watch, respected football program. There are a few different ways to get there without completely tearing down the institution and defaming all of the staff with it, that will only prolong the recovery period and certainly won't help in attracting quality people.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:06 am

If you're tossing blame at ATL, I think that's ridiculous. ALl of our criticism, ATL's included, do two things: raise the pressure on GDF and Spaz, which is a good thing, (otherwise, who wouldn't want to sit on their million-dollar job without having to address their mistakes?) and shows outsiders people care about BC football. Is someone really going to say they don't want to go to BC because people are critical? More likely they say no if people don't care.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby nerd on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:12 am

According to 94, Rogers getting fired won't have any effect on future assistant coaches wanting to work at BC. But mentioning it on a blog ... that's where prospective employees draw the line.
nerd
Carney Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:39 am

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

I don't know if it's BS or not and frankly don't care either way. My issue is/was that there are enough real problems so a person who claims to be a credible journalist making unsupported claims about behind the scenes personnel matters to try to make them look worse is not necessary. I think most posters on this board want the same thing, a winning, exciting to watch, respected football program. There are a few different ways to get there without completely tearing down the institution and defaming all of the staff with it, that will only prolong the recovery period and certainly won't help in attracting quality people.

I agree. So I think what we should do is write Blauds a nasty letter and tell him to start getting his facts straight and using real sources.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:06 am

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:If you're tossing blame at ATL, I think that's ridiculous. ALl of our criticism, ATL's included, do two things: raise the pressure on GDF and Spaz, which is a good thing, (otherwise, who wouldn't want to sit on their million-dollar job without having to address their mistakes?) and shows outsiders people care about BC football. Is someone really going to say they don't want to go to BC because people are critical? More likely they say no if people don't care.

I am not tossing blame at anyone. I am giving my opinion on the guy’s public blogs/posts/statements. Like I said, I think there are better ways to go about it. Criticism is fine with me as long as it is accurate and verifiable. When you're 1-4 and off to your worst start in 20 years and things appear to be getting worse, that's enough for me. I don't need to know if Gene uses the wrong fork at dinner.

Regarding "All of our criticism" I think there is a different standard for anonymous posters on a message board and a guy who claims to be a professional journalist who cares about BC.
Last edited by BCFAN94 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:19 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

I agree. So I think what we should do is write Blauds a nasty letter and tell him to start getting his facts straight and using real sources.

Everyone knows Bladschun has a Big East/Anti BC agenda. He doesn't claim to care about BC or it's athletic programs. He has been doing this for years. Writing a nasty letter would only give the impression that I actually care what he as to say or that I am surprised that he would make unsubstaniated claims. The guy's a hack.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:21 am

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:If you're tossing blame at ATL, I think that's ridiculous. ALl of our criticism, ATL's included, do two things: raise the pressure on GDF and Spaz, which is a good thing, (otherwise, who wouldn't want to sit on their million-dollar job without having to address their mistakes?) and shows outsiders people care about BC football. Is someone really going to say they don't want to go to BC because people are critical? More likely they say no if people don't care.

I am not tossing blame at anyone. I am giving my opinion on the guy’s public blogs/posts/statements. Like I said, I think there are better ways to go about it. Criticism is fine with me as long as it is accurate and verifiable. When you're 1-4 and off to your worst start in 20 years and things appear to be getting worse, that's enough for me. I don't need to know if Gene uses the wrong fork at dinner.

Regarding "All of our criticism" I think there is a different standard for anonymous posters on a message board and a guy who claims to be a professional journalist who cares about BC.

I never said I was a professional journalist. This is what it clearly states on the top of my blog and has since 2005 -- "A Boston College sports blog capturing the highs and lows of being a BC fan living 1,000 miles from Chestnut Hill."
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:38 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

Blauds has no problem writing "anonymous sources say the real reason for ACC expansion was due to their jealousy of Big East basketball..."

Yet his collegial relationship with BC (from travelling with the team to being buds with Spaz) keeps him from writing "anonymous sources say the real reason for Rogers' leave was due to a blowup with Spaz at the halftime of the UCF game..."

Did Blaudschun write or make a statement that he wouldn't write about the Rogers situation without people going on the record? I guess this is where you are losing me because if he did, I didn't see it.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby apbc12 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:38 am

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Everyone knows Bladschun has a Big East/Anti BC agenda. He doesn't claim to care about BC or it's athletic programs. He has been doing this for years. Writing a nasty letter would only give the impression that I actually care what he as to say or that I am surprised that he would make unsubstaniated claims. The guy's a hack.

And yet you would prefer that he be our lone source for news/info about the team and what happens behind the scenes?
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby apbc12 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:52 am

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

Did Blaudschun write or make a statement that he wouldn't write about the Rogers situation without people going on the record? I guess this is where you are losing me because if he did, I didn't see it.

Hang on, let's make sure we're all on the same page here.

You are mad at ATL for writing that Rogers was fired, as he was told by sources whose identities you don't know.

Blaudschun is a hack, per your post above.

So you would be satisfied if:

1) Blaudschun the hack writes "I have an interesting story, but I won't say what it is because no source will go on record"

or

2) Blaudschun the hack writes that Rogers was fired but has no on-record confirmation?

Are you sure there's even a windmill at which to tilt?
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:20 am

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

No he did not write me or make a statement. As I said, I have no relationship with him. Another BC beat writer who is not from the Globe told me that Blauds knew about the halftime issue at UCF (call it fight, argument, Rogers' biting his tongue, etc) but couldn't get anyone to go on record.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:25 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:Did Blaudschun write or make a statement that he wouldn't write about the Rogers situation without people going on the record? I guess this is where you are losing me because if he did, I didn't see it.

You are mad at ATL for writing that Rogers was fired, as he was told by sources whose identities you don't know.

1) Blaudschun the hack writes "I have an interesting story, but I won't say what it is because no source will go on record"

or

2) Blaudschun the hack writes that Rogers was fired but has no on-record confirmation?

Are you sure there's even a windmill at which to tilt?[/quote]

SUMMARY

I called out ATL a few weeks ago for his claim about Rogers being fired because it caused a 20 page shit storm that essentially made Gene out to be Satan himself (I am exaggerating). As I was reading it I realized that it was based on 99% speculation from second and third hand information, with no substantiation. At the time, ATL said it was from a reliable source but couldn't disclose. He tweeted yesterday calling out Bladschun for not going with the Rogers story because no one would go public yet he went with the Big East/UConn crap without quoting sources. I assumed that he somehow knew first hand that Bladschun was actually sitting on the Rogers story maybe even fed it to him and he went with it. Apparently that was an incorrect assumption. But, I am still confused as to how ATL is so sure that Bladschun sat on the Rogers thing and how ATL justifies calling someone out for doing the same thing he did and adamantly defended two weeks ago or so.

edit: I am not mad at anybody.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:42 am

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:Did Blaudschun write or make a statement that he wouldn't write about the Rogers situation without people going on the record? I guess this is where you are losing me because if he did, I didn't see it.

or

Are you sure there's even a windmill at which to tilt?

SUMMARY

I called out ATL a few weeks ago for his claim about Rogers being fired because it caused a 20 page shit storm that essentially made Gene out to be Satan himself (I am exaggerating). As I was reading it I realized that it was based on 99% speculation from second and third hand information, with no substantiation. At the time, ATL said it was from a reliable source but couldn't disclose. He tweeted yesterday calling out Bladschun for not going with the Rogers story because no one would go public yet he went with the Big East/UConn crap without quoting sources. I assumed that he somehow knew first hand that Bladschun was actually sitting on the Rogers story maybe even fed it to him and he went with it. Apparently that was an incorrect assumption. But, I am still confused as to how ATL is so sure that Bladschun sat on the Rogers thing and how ATL justifies calling someone out for doing the same thing he did and adamantly defended two weeks ago or so.

edit: I am not mad at anybody.[/quote]

Do everyone a favor and take a gun to your head. :suicide That is all.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby apbc12 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:42 am

ATL didn't call out Blaudschun for writing the Big East/ACC editorial (let's call it what it was) without sourcing. ATL called out Blaudschun for not writing about Rogers. If a lack of sources/on-record quotes is a reason not to write a story, he shouldn't have written the expansion story the way he did.

ATL was pointing out the hypocrisy--using nicer terms to call him a hack who constantly plays favorites.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:47 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:you're mad at me...

I vote for #1.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:36 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
I never said I was a professional journalist. This is what it clearly states on the top of my blog and has since 2005 -- "A Boston College sports blog capturing the highs and lows of being a BC fan living 1,000 miles from Chestnut Hill."

i respect that you like BC football.
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:20 pm

Is 94 OJ, or has she simply climbed to the top of Dipshit Mountain?

It truly amazes me that some of the dumbest people on earth (supposedly) hold the same degree from BC that I do.

Congrats 94. You are a true spokesperson for retarded individuals.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:41 pm

I don't understand the blind support for ATL anymore than I understand this attack. If ATL, a blogger and not a journalist, wants to post inside info that he can't verify I say fucking do it, I want to know the rumors. When he is wrong, he deserves to be reminded (HCRD) and when he is right he deserves to be lauded. But I don't understand discouraging the dissemination of information about BC by one who cares for the program.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:20 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I don't understand the blind support for ATL anymore than I understand this attack. If ATL, a blogger and not a journalist, wants to post inside info that he can't verify I say fucking do it, I want to know the rumors. When he is wrong, he deserves to be reminded (HCRD) and when he is right he deserves to be lauded. But I don't understand discouraging the dissemination of information about BC by one who cares for the program.

I don't think it's blind support.

For me, he is the most prominent "internet voice". But for a BCS school where there's such little CONTENT he does have some inside sources (like many of us do), I appreciate the inside scoops.

Edit: Grammar's a bitch
Last edited by claver2010 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:24 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I don't understand the blind support for ATL anymore than I understand this attack. If ATL, a blogger and not a journalist, wants to post inside info that he can't verify I say fucking do it, I want to know the rumors. When he is wrong, he deserves to be reminded (HCRD) and when he is right he deserves to be lauded. But I don't understand discouraging the dissemination of information about BC by one who cares for the program.

I don't think it's blind support.

For me, he is the most prominent "internet voice". But for a BCS school where there's such few CONTENT he does have some inside sources (like many of us do), I appreciate the inside scoops.

90% of the board gets their panties in a bunch anytime anyone says boo in the direction of ATL. I like his rumors and scoops too, but that doesn't mean we all should act like pansies for fear of offending him.

On the other hand, he should post whatever he wants and fuck 94.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium