can we talk sox here for a second?

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: can we talk sox here for a second?

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:04 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Shredder {l Wrote}: The NL race is interesting. The Phillies are everyone's pick but the Brewers are the hottest team in baseball and also beat the Phillies two out of three at Philly. They have a four game series in Milwaukee in September.

As a Phillies fan I don't see Milwaukee or SF as good matchups, although I'd be optimistic in either series.

Milwaukee won't get to face Kyle Kendrick in the playoffs fortunately.

As a Red Sox fan, I feel the same way about the Rangers and Detroit. I'd rather play the Yankees in a short series.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleNYC on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:17 am

I'm shocked that the Yankees are ahead of the Sox at this point. If there was a steeper penalty for the WC team (e.g.: only 1 home game) I don't think the Sox would be the second place team. That's not a knock on the Yankees, but Boston is simply a better team in many regards and if they HAD to win, I think they would. In this regard, I completely understand TW's comments about being frustrated by their play because they are a juggernaut. If they do finish 2nd, it's a direct result of the diasterous first 12 games.

With all that said, they have to be 2.5-1 favorites to come out of the AL, despite the potential matchup problems in Round 1, and the inherent crap shoot of a 5 game series. It would not shock me if the ALCS was DET-TEX, they are good enough to win 3/5.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:00 am

This has been the most boring September for baseball I can remember but this has the potential to get interesting...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:37 pm

I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:01 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31751_162-20109438-10391697.html

cabral was spotted later that evening on yawkey way

Ya know...I'm starting to think you're bisexual.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:49 pm

The Red Sox are in a meltdown that would make 74 proud. Too bad the guys chasing aren't doing much better.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:20 pm

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:12 pm

I still think they're too far ahead for the Rays to catch up. The Angels, maybe. But the Rays have a lot of tough games left, and are down 2.5.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:03 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:I still think they're too far ahead for the Rays to catch up. The Angels, maybe. But the Rays have a lot of tough games left, and are down 2.5.

Unfortunately, you are right. Somebody needs to put that utterly unlikeable Red Sox team out of my misery.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:44 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:I still think they're too far ahead for the Rays to catch up. The Angels, maybe. But the Rays have a lot of tough games left, and are down 2.5.

Unfortunately, you are right. Somebody needs to put that utterly unlikeable Red Sox team out of my misery.

tell them to invite spaz to sit on the bench sunday to friday... its not like he's doing any coaching at those times

Hey, if Spaz could coach a baseball team, he'd be on a beach somewhere.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:58 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

tell them to invite spaz to sit on the bench sunday to friday... its not like he's doing any coaching at those times

Hey, if Spaz could coach a baseball team, he'd be on a beach somewhere.

You forgot [laughs].
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:58 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31751_162-20109438-10391697.html

cabral was spotted later that evening on yawkey way

Ya know...I'm starting to think you're bisexual.

whatsoever do you mean?

74 invented calling TRE bisexual.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:57 am

Unreal.

I think the craziest stat from this collapse is that the Sox are 2-19 in September when they don't score 12 or more runs.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:02 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:as a supporter of the nye mets baseball squadron i would like to say to the sawks fans that post here... yep, it sucks

when is the ceremony to pass the monkey from the mets back to the sawks back? that thing has been getting heavy since '07.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:01 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:as a supporter of the nye mets baseball squadron i would like to say to the sawks fans that post here... yep, it sucks

when is the ceremony to pass the monkey from the mets back to the sawks back? that thing has been getting heavy since '07.

i think the mets monkey just made monkey babies and gave the smallest one to the sawks. the mets will retain the largest monkey and continue to make baseball season suck moose clitoris

I was watching the sawx last night and it's crazy looking back on it the similarities. You can tell the fans are simply waiting for the other shoe to drop.

2007 was unreal, from memorial day till the end of the season only 1 day out of first place, the one that mattered...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:39 pm

As a Red Sox fan, I can say that I am not really waiting for anything from this team. They are utterly unlikeable crybabies and excuse makers empowered by their incompetent manager. But hey, look at the bright side, after Bedard and Lester throw 140 pitches each in 3 and 1/3 innings the next two nights, I don't even need to think about them anymore.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:12 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:As a Red Sox fan, I can say that I am not really waiting for anything from this team. They are utterly unlikeable crybabies and excuse makers empowered by their incompetent manager. But hey, look at the bright side, after Bedard and Lester throw 140 pitches each in 3 and 1/3 innings the next two nights, I don't even need to think about them anymore.

I would take Francona to manage my baseball squadron.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:22 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:As a Red Sox fan, I can say that I am not really waiting for anything from this team. They are utterly unlikeable crybabies and excuse makers empowered by their incompetent manager. But hey, look at the bright side, after Bedard and Lester throw 140 pitches each in 3 and 1/3 innings the next two nights, I don't even need to think about them anymore.

You can have him. And if you get his stacked lineup and pitching staff for him to abuse, he'll win an occasional World Series.

Francona is Torre redux. Outsiders think he is awesome because he wins, but those that watch him every day know he is an idiot. A lawn gnome could have accidental success with that payroll and what the front office does with it, and the lawn gnome wouldn't abuse his bullpen, and shuffle his lineup in June to prepare for a postseason they aren't going to make.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:46 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

i think the mets monkey just made monkey babies and gave the smallest one to the sawks. the mets will retain the largest monkey and continue to make baseball season suck moose clitoris

I was watching the sawx last night and it's crazy looking back on it the similarities. You can tell the fans are simply waiting for the other shoe to drop.

2007 was unreal, from memorial day till the end of the season only 1 day out of first place, the one that mattered...

Yup, and for this Phillies fan that day in 2007 was one of the best sports days. Clinching a playoff spot for the first time in about 15 years, on the last day of the regular season, while needing everything to go right for it to happen, and then watching it all happen live. That was fun. Thanks guys for bringing back that memory.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:23 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

You can have him. And if you get his stacked lineup and pitching staff for him to abuse, he'll win an occasional World Series.

Francona is Torre redux. Outsiders think he is awesome because he wins, but those that watch him every day know he is an idiot. A lawn gnome could have accidental success with that payroll and what the front office does with it, and the lawn gnome wouldn't abuse his bullpen, and shuffle his lineup in June to prepare for a postseason they aren't going to make.

Um, yeah you've gone full retard. Who has he abused over the years? Since 2005: Papelbon has had his arm coddled since he hurt his shoulder, Oki never pitched over 69 innings and started to suck when he turned 34 so maybe something there, MDC pitched over 70 innings once and never over 60 in any other year, Timlin pitched until he was about 60 so no abuse there, Lopez was a classic LOOGY and only pitched big innings (69) in one year. There haven't really been any other significant relievers for the Sox aside from them

Basically the only guy that supports your argument is Keith Foulke, who just about lost his arm pitching for the fucking World Series. Torre had four relievers over 65 innings in ONE YEAR! So nice try but at least make sure it's factually accurate next time you try to play contrarian dickhole.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:07 pm

That was unpleasant.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bosa90 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:09 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:That was unpleasant.

Depends on your perspective. Go O's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dildodog
bosa90
McGuinn Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:09 pm

For whatever reason I never found myself truly enjoying the Red Sox this year - there was something about this team that made it hard. After this epic collapse in September, I've figured it out. No heart. What a bunch of losers!
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:34 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Um, yeah you've gone full retard. Who has he abused over the years? Since 2005: Papelbon has had his arm coddled since he hurt his shoulder, Oki never pitched over 69 innings and started to suck when he turned 34 so maybe something there, MDC pitched over 70 innings once and never over 60 in any other year, Timlin pitched until he was about 60 so no abuse there, Lopez was a classic LOOGY and only pitched big innings (69) in one year. There haven't really been any other significant relievers for the Sox aside from them

Basically the only guy that supports your argument is Keith Foulke, who just about lost his arm pitching for the fucking World Series. Torre had four relievers over 65 innings in ONE YEAR! So nice try but at least make sure it's factually accurate next time you try to play contrarian dickhole.

Yeah, no. Keith Foulke and Oki and Bard send their regards. The only guy he hasn't abused is Pabelbon. Keep focusing on IP, I will focus on shitty pitching in September.

Oh, and feel free to hire Francona, he will be available soon.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:36 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:For whatever reason I never found myself truly enjoying the Red Sox this year - there was something about this team that made it hard. After this epic collapse in September, I've figured it out. No heart. What a bunch of losers!

And there you go. Hence, the reason I stopped watching this unlikeable team in early July. Adrian Gonzalez = JD Drew with talent. But I am sure his VORP or something is teh awesome.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ryrob on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:For whatever reason I never found myself truly enjoying the Red Sox this year - there was something about this team that made it hard. After this epic collapse in September, I've figured it out. No heart. What a bunch of losers!

And there you go. Hence, the reason I stopped watching this unlikeable team in early July. Adrian Gonzalez = JD Drew with talent. But I am sure his VORP or something is teh awesome.

Nah, he just hit .337 with 117 RBI and had the best season of his career. But he doesn't give charismatic interviews and come up with cute slogans like Pedoria! What a LOSER.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:54 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Nah, he just hit .337 with 117 RBI and had the best season of his career.. What a LOSER.

He was hitting .357 with 90 RBI at the end of July. Right about when the Red Sox started sucking.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:55 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

But he doesn't give charismatic interviews and come up with cute slogans like Pedoria! What a LOSER.

Sure he does. God decided the Sox would lose and he wouldn't hit in August and September. He just said.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ryrob on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:58 pm

This graph is incredible. I'm not even hating that hard tonight, I still can barely believe what happened:

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/MLB/Amer ... yoffs.html
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:01 am

ryrob {l Wrote}:This graph is incredible. I'm not even hating that hard tonight, I still can barely believe what happened:

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/MLB/Amer ... yoffs.html

That's pretty awesome.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Shea Field