can we talk sox here for a second?

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: can we talk sox here for a second?

Postby bignick33 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:36 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Papi to the Yanks?

They were talking about it on the fan this morning. The Yanks are going to have DH pretty well taken care of for 2012 between ARod/Jeter/Jesus, but would most certainly be interesting with that short porch.

The basis of this story is Ortiz saying that he was sick of the drama and that maybe he should go to NY. If he of all people is sick of the drama, it means there was a shitload of drama.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:02 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Papi to the Yanks?

They were talking about it on the fan this morning. The Yanks are going to have DH pretty well taken care of for 2012 between ARod/Jeter/Jesus, but would most certainly be interesting with that short porch.

The basis of this story is Ortiz saying that he was sick of the drama and that maybe he should go to NY. If he of all people is sick of the drama, it means there was a shitload of drama.

The reporter asked him if he would consider going to the Yankees. He said yes, he would consider it. It's a business for these guys so can't really blame him for saying that.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:18 pm

This is funny:

http://deadspin.com/5849607/did-these-b ... /gallery/1

Also funny was John Henry's 80 minute commercial-free interview on the Sports Hub just now, after he showed up at the station unannounced and in a rage.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:38 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:This is funny:

Also funny was John Henry's 80 minute commercial-free interview on the Sports Hub just now, after he showed up at the station unannounced and in a rage.

Felger is playing that organization like a violin. He knows exactly how to elicit a response from them. I thought the Heidi Watney thing was good, this blows it out of the water.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:41 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Felger is playing that organization like a violin. He knows exactly how to elicit a response from them. I thought the Heidi Watney thing was good, this blows it out of the water.

I didn't care much for the Watney thing. She's just a reporter, and they were essentially stooping to the Red Sox' level. However, the Henry thing was spectacularly good radio, and I think it was completely fair-game.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:57 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I didn't care much for the Watney thing. She's just a reporter, and they were essentially stooping to the Red Sox' level. However, the Henry thing was spectacularly good radio, and I think it was completely fair-game.

I think their point was to stoop to the Red Sox level in order to demonstrate how shameless the smear campaign is.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:58 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I think their point was to stoop to the Red Sox level in order to demonstrate how shameless the smear campaign is.

What a glorious fork in WEEI this was.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:05 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

What a glorious fork in WEEI this was.

Amen. As someone on the Boston Sports Media Watch boards said, the only person listening to WEEI for those 90 minutes was the guy who has to hit the bleep button when someone swears on the air. I'm glad Glen had time to enjoy his lunch from Davio's.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:28 pm

I didn't listen to either. Felger and Maz is worthless. The morning show is marginally better, but unless the Broons win the cup again, will fall off of the table. Gresh and Zolak are unlistenable.

Not that EEI is any better, but that station is utterly worthless. Come to think of it, sports radio is pretty much worthless these days.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:06 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I didn't listen to either. Felger and Maz is worthless. The morning show is marginally better, but unless the Broons win the cup again, will fall off of the table. Gresh and Zolak are unlistenable.

Not that EEI is any better, but that station is utterly worthless. Come to think of it, sports radio is pretty much worthless these days.

TWBALLGAMEPOST!!!
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:28 pm

I also find it funny that Henry decided to go to TSH instead of 'EEI even though the Sox are on 'EEI. I guess that's what happens when you actually want people to hear what you want to say. 'EEI did something with moving to FM but their programming is awful, starting with D&C. T&R blow them out the water. Yes I know they're juvenile but I really don't care when my other options are to listen to crappy FM music radio stations or the political stylings of two old guys.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:36 pm

T&R are like reading TRE's summer of dicks thread merged with the broons thread. In other words, worthless for fans of sports.

I stopped listening to D&C 8-9 years ago, so I have no horse in this race. They both suck donkey.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:19 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:T&R are like reading TRE's summer of dicks thread merged with the broons thread. In other words, worthless for fans of sports.

I stopped listening to D&C 8-9 years ago, so I have no horse in this race. They both suck donkey.

I enjoyed the summer of dicks and believe the Bruins thread is actually a good sports discussion, especially since my argument was ultimately proven correct. And it drove OJ off the board, which is always a plus.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:04 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I didn't listen to either. Felger and Maz is worthless. The morning show is marginally better, but unless the Broons win the cup again, will fall off of the table. Gresh and Zolak are unlistenable.

TWBALLGAMEPOST!!!

I don't listen to much Boston sports radio (mainly cause most of it sucks donkey dick) but the hub is much better than eei.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:23 am

I think we can safely come to the conclusion that pretty much all sports radio sucks yet some is less suck than others.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:06 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:T&R are like reading TRE's summer of dicks thread merged with the broons thread. In other words, worthless for fans of sports.

As a conservative, I like D&Cs political spin so I'll listen.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:39 pm

campion {l Wrote}:

Thus spake the man who isn't aware that they are playing a World's Series this year.

I am aware of the Series. I wasn't aware they decided to put those two shitty teams up against the best college football game of the year Saturday night.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:43 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:

Thus spake the man who isn't aware that they are playing a World's Series this year.

I am aware of the Series. I wasn't aware they decided to put those two shitty teams up against the best college football game of the year Saturday night.

The NFL counteracted by putting two shitty games on its primetime schedule the next two nights.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:47 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:

The NFL counteracted by putting two shitty games on its primetime schedule the next two nights.

And hence, I watched the shitty baseball the last two nights.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:18 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:

So you're admitting that the wildcard stinks? I'm glad. I am a baseball fan and I am a BC football fan. I'll watch the Mets, the White Sox, the Cubs, whoever is on the cable on the odd Tuesday night. Not so with other sports. I seldom watch football games other than those involving BC. Football doesn't engage me as deeply as baseball does. I haven't watched an NFL game since the last Pats SB. For that matter I seldom watch hockey games other than those involving BC (unless I attend the game) and I haven't watched an entire basketball game on TV since God knows when, no matter who is playing. Suum cuique.

i have no problem with the current playoff system but Selig's idea to add more teams to the postseason is repugnant to me.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:21 am

Are the Sox seriously considering Sveum? I just remember him being a lousy 3B coach who waved everyone home no matter what.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Are the Sox seriously considering Sveum? I just remember him being a lousy 3B coach who waved everyone home no matter what.

After a while, he stopped waving anyone home.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:57 pm

I'm going to miss Heidi Watney a hell of a lot more than Tito or Theo.

This is quite a blow, especially since NESN already lost Kathryn Tappen.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:43 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I'm going to miss Heidi Watney a hell of a lot more than Tito or Theo.

i didn't realize she was married to some guy on the NJ Devils...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:56 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I'm going to miss Heidi Watney a hell of a lot more than Tito or Theo.

I think the players might miss her more :shrug
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:30 am

BTW Bobby V?

I loved him as the Mets manager, not sure he'd work up here.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:30 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I think the players might miss her more :shrug

that said, kobe must be stoked.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:46 am

Wikipedia {l Wrote}:Since 1980, Valentine has owned and operated Bobby Valentine's Sports Gallery Cafe, a sports bar located in his hometown of Stamford. He claims to have invented the Wrap sandwich. He claims that his restaurant was the first anywhere to serve a sandwich in a tortilla wrap.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:50 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
Wikipedia {l Wrote}:Since 1980, Valentine has owned and operated Bobby Valentine's Sports Gallery Cafe, a sports bar located in his hometown of Stamford. He claims to have invented the Wrap sandwich. He claims that his restaurant was the first anywhere to serve a sandwich in a tortilla wrap.

why don't you marry him

I don't like mustaches.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:30 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Is this like how Al Gore invented internets?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Shea Field