can we talk sox here for a second?

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: can we talk sox here for a second?

Postby bignick33 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:19 pm

What are the Red Sox gonna do with Lackey and Beckett? Corripe Cervisiam.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:11 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:What are the Red Sox gonna do with Lackey and Beckett? Corripe Cervisiam.

Lackey is taking the next year off to have Tommy John surgery and eat a whole shitload of KFC Famous Bowls. Still the best news of the offseason by a mile.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:What are the Red Sox gonna do with Lackey and Beckett? Corripe Cervisiam.

Lackey is taking the next year off to have Tommy John surgery and eat a whole shitload of KFC Famous Bowls.

And do :skank by the truckload now that he's kicked his cancer-stricken wife to the curb.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:02 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Lackey is taking the next year off to have Tommy John surgery and eat a whole shitload of KFC Famous Bowls.

They now have bacon!
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:13 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Does anyone else think the idea of Bard as a starter is a terrible one, or is it just me?

I don't understand. He doesn't seem to have many pitches but he can throw it 100 mph. To me that says reliever.

Really? He has 4 excellent pitches. he just can't throw any for strikes and the 100 mph one is the worst of the bunch. This is a good move. Shock of all shocks, the guy was a starting pitcher in college, and has been mediocre as a reliever. Lights out in stretches, but maybe he is just an every 5 day guy.

:shrug I hope he has something other than the 100 mph fastball to rely on because he has huge rocketshipping potential otherwise.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Does anyone else think the idea of Bard as a starter is a terrible one, or is it just me?

I don't understand. He doesn't seem to have many pitches but he can throw it 100 mph. To me that says reliever.

Really? He has 4 excellent pitches. he just can't throw any for strikes and the 100 mph one is the worst of the bunch. This is a good move. Shock of all shocks, the guy was a starting pitcher in college, and has been mediocre as a reliever. Lights out in stretches, but maybe he is just an every 5 day guy.

He has a fastball and a slider. I watched him as a stater in the minors in Portland and it was an absolute disaster. That cutter and change-up are mediocre at best. Leave the kid in the bullpen.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:28 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Boo

Meh, they got the best player in the deal.

Weiland should have been enough for an average reliever in the NL Central. Regardless, Lowrie will probably break his foot getting off the plane in Houston or something.

Melancon is a good pitcher. Throws in the mid-90s and throws strikes. Good curveball.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:31 pm

I know he is coming off a good season but I can't really get that excited about the prospect of Joe Saunders in a Red Sox uniform.

The A's are allegedly shopping Gio Gonzalez and I hope the Sox are looking at him instead of Andrew Bailey.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:34 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I know he is coming off a good season but I can't really get that excited about the prospect of Joe Saunders in a Red Sox uniform.

Saunders is a Hokie.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:13 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Boo

Meh, they got the best player in the deal.

Weiland should have been enough for an average reliever in the NL Central. Regardless, Lowrie will probably break his foot getting off the plane in Houston or something.

Melancon is a good pitcher. Throws in the mid-90s and throws strikes. Good curveball.

Opponents hit .308 off his fastball IIRC. In the NL Central. That's not good. His slider and curve were much better but that's a very worrisome figure.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:43 pm

I missed it at the time, but Bédard signed a 1 year/$4.5 million deal with the Pirates. Back to obscurity for him.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:48 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I know he is coming off a good season but I can't really get that excited about the prospect of Joe Saunders in a Red Sox uniform.

Saunders is a Hokie.

Saunders is going to get lit up like a Christmas Tree in the Al East!
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:18 am

DON'T

BE

AFRAID

TO

SELL

MORE

BRICKS