State of BC Baseball

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

State of BC Baseball

Postby Dirtywater on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:01 am

This was the first year in a while that I did not make it to a few games. Putting aside the stadium issue which everybody knows about, there seems to be an amazing lack of coverage/commentary regarding our team and the performance of our new head coach. I say amazing in view of the fact that we compete in one of the best baseball conferences in the country. They clearly had a piss poor season but I am at a loss as to whether we should be optimistic for the future in view of the younger talent displayed this year, the quality of the new coaching staff or their recruiting prowess. I know more about woman's soccer and field hockey at BC than I do about our baseball club. Does anybody have any insight on the health of our baseball program? Thanks in advance.
Dirtywater
McGuinn Hall

Re: State of BC Baseball

Postby bignick33 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:04 am

pessimistic until they upgrade the facilities
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:30 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:pessimistic until they upgrade the facilities

Are the Brighton loons causing the holdup?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:09 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:pessimistic until they upgrade the facilities

Are the Brighton loons causing the holdup?

I was under the impression that as a last-minute appeasement to the neighbors, Menino mandated that construction on the stadium couldn't commence until after the completion of the first dorm on that land. Nonetheless, it's been upwards of a decade since BC acquired the archdiocese's land and close to that long since BC joined the ACC, and it's inexplicable to me that BC is still playing their baseball games on a tailgating field.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:58 pm

build the dome
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Dirtywater on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:50 am

God almighty - my worst fears - nobody has a clue about our baseball team. Woman's field hockey really does have more support.
Dirtywater
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:06 am

For me, my BC baseball experience was going to the ramp with some beer on a nice day...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dirtywater on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:08 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:For me, my BC baseball experience was going to the ramp with some beer on a nice day...

Without diminishing the sorry state of our facilities, if you can find an open space on the ramp and don't mind standing, the view you get of the game from there is about the best you can get at a ballgame. You are literally next to foul territory looking right down on the infield. No upper deck anywhere gets you that close to a game.

For what its worth - I read on TOS that a number of players are disenchanted with Gambino and we are expecting some transfers. This is the first and only thing I have seen about the new coach (other than the original announcements around his hiring). I have no idea if this is fair or even true.
Dirtywater
McGuinn Hall

Postby Dirtywater on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:25 am

campion {l Wrote}:
Dirtywater {l Wrote}:God almighty - my worst fears - nobody has a clue about our baseball team. Woman's field hockey really does have more support.

I know that Boots Connelly played baseball. That's good, isn't it? I also watched a girl give coach Pellagrini a hand job on the vistor's bench in McHiugh Forum in 1969.

Not quite - 1969 is a little stale. Now if you see Gambino being serviced - that may be enough to save the program from oblivion.
Dirtywater
McGuinn Hall

Return to Shea Field