Bryce Harper's Antics

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Bryce Harper's Antics

Postby EagleNYC on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:56 am

This is a much better baseball kissing story than the one TRE employs. The set up: Harper got hit by a pitch on the knee on Sunday and was not pleased. Yesterday, he drilled a HR (his 14th, if anyone is counting) and, after admiring it fly and slowly trotting around the bases, he puckered up and sent a kiss the pitcher's way just before crossing home (he was apparently staring at him). I, for one, welcome this insanely talented player, and don't care how big a jerk he acts like. Video after the jump.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2011-06-07/bryce-harper-blows-kiss-after-home-run
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Re: Bryce Harper's Antics

Postby angrychicken on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:03 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:pfft... if he really wanted to show the pitcher up he should have taken 8 strikes and then sang the elvis version of "my way"

Still one of the best stories told on this board.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:04 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:pfft... if he really wanted to show the pitcher up he should have taken 8 strikes and then sang the elvis version of "my way"

It could really use an illustrated version. Right after you finish "Transitive Marijuana".
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:55 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

It could really use an illustrated version. Right after you finish "Transitive Marijuana".

fuck that - with nospace's new revelation i'm looking forward to transitive goonies with the role of chunk played by nospace and the role of corey feldmen (pre-truth movement) played by aguilafan

It's already established that IB is a gingery midget. Any story featuring him as a fat kid is non-canon.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:21 pm

Seems like Papi found the fountain of youth again. Safe to assume he gets plunked tonight?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:54 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Seems like Papi found the fountain of youth again. Safe to assume he gets plunked tonight?

If they plunk him, they have their heads up their asses. This is an divisional game against their rival. A win is more important than sticking their collective dick in the air. I took Girardi's comments as his attempt to motivate his team.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:40 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Seems like Papi found the fountain of youth again. Safe to assume he gets plunked tonight?

If they plunk him, they have their heads up their asses. This is an divisional game against their rival. A win is more important than sticking their collective dick in the air. I took Girardi's comments as his attempt to motivate his team.

They won't plunk him because he was just reacting to the fact that they threw at him on the previous pitch (for those of us that actually watched the game). Plus, you don't want to throw at him with Beckett on the mound tomorrow, or AHole or Jeter will end up in the hospital.

As for the fountain of youth comment, I'd just note that Big Fatty is actuall much smaller, and also that he never really lost the fountain of youth. He slumped for a couple of months at the beginning of the last two seasons, and then went on a tear, just like Mark Teixiera who obviously is clean.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:11 am

I came from the point of view that the Yanks rarely respond to their players getting hit -especially against the Red Sox.

Heard something in the morning that Papi has never been hit in the regular season against the Yankees (looking it up he's been hit 1 time in the playoffs in 2003 but never else). Given that's what 9+ years of 19 games per year and not to be hit once considering the countless times Jeter, ARod, etc have been hit...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:20 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I came from the point of view that the Yanks rarely respond to their players getting hit -especially against the Red Sox.

Heard something in the morning that Papi has never been hit in the regular season against the Yankees (looking it up he's been hit 1 time in the playoffs in 2003 but never else). Given that's what 9+ years of 19 games per year and not to be hit once considering the countless times Jeter, ARod, etc have been hit...

The Yankees make up for it by hitting Youkilis. I believe the Yankees see Youk as the heart of the Red Sox.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby shockdoct on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:18 pm

Now that Joba is out with Tommy John, youk likely won't get hit twice a series.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:57 pm

I could give less of a shit about a simple blown kiss at a guy who was staring him down. This quote is far more concerning:

On one hand, Bryce Harper is 18 and would still be a senior in high school if he'd lived a normal life. On the other hand, scouts who cover the South Atlantic League have been raising eyebrows for weeks about his sense of entitlement. Tales of Harper showing up late for team stretching, and occasionally exiting those stretching drills before they were over, have been circulating in the scout community. And as talented as Harper may be, and as fun as he may be to watch on the field, he has often offended outsiders with his what-am-I-doing-in-THIS-league body language. That has to stop.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:07 pm

Granted you never want to see a sense of entitlement out of your 1st round pick, especially considering they invested $25 MM in 2 players one of which is recovering from TJ surgery.

But, they need to promote this kid. In 58 games: .340-14-43 1.045 OPS and this includes a month where he needed glasses.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:54 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:I could give less of a shit about a simple blown kiss at a guy who was staring him down. This quote is far more concerning:

On one hand, Bryce Harper is 18 and would still be a senior in high school if he'd lived a normal life. On the other hand, scouts who cover the South Atlantic League have been raising eyebrows for weeks about his sense of entitlement. Tales of Harper showing up late for team stretching, and occasionally exiting those stretching drills before they were over, have been circulating in the scout community. And as talented as Harper may be, and as fun as he may be to watch on the field, he has often offended outsiders with his what-am-I-doing-in-THIS-league body language. That has to stop.

When he gets to the majors people will say "That's just Bryce being Bryce".
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:22 am

Promoted to AA a couple of days ago.

Final line at A: 72 games, 258 AB .318, 14 HR 46 RBI, .423 OBP, .977 OPS
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby EagleNYC on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:07 pm

Small sample size, but he's shitting the bed so far. .217 BA, .539 OPS, 0 HR and 3 RBI in 67 plate appearances.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:39 pm

That's a clown question
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:43 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:That's a clown question

bro
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby nerd on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:08 am

As bad as Harper's reputation concerning his "immaturity" in the minor leagues, he has handled himself with 100% class since getting called up. Other than cutting himself with the bat in the dugout tunnel following a strikeout, I can't think of anything he has done or said that make him look immature.

And even that bat incident was done in the tunnel, where nobody could see him. I've seen plenty of seasoned veterans pull that kind of stunt right in the dugout.
nerd
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:53 am

nm
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:34 am

Also, "that's a clown question, bro" was a true statement. It was a clown question. Although I'm not sure the reporter qualifies as a "bro".
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Return to Shea Field