Opening Day Thread

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Opening Day Thread

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:10 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:I would gladly take an 80 win season if it would get the pink hats off of the bandwagon. The Red Sox are the AL's Mets.

Agreed with TWB what does that even mean?

Are you saying the Mets have bandwagon fans?

I was actually making 2 separate points:

1) I hate "Red Sox Nation" and everything about it. Red Sox fans are incredibly annoying and have become a cariacature of themselves.

2) The 2011 Red Sox roster is overpriced mediocrity. That's where the Mets comment comes in. Beckett, Dice, Lackey will again combine to make about $40 million / year of mediocre starts. Carl Crawford isn't close to being a $20 mil / year player even though I actually like him.

1) Agreed, growing up in the tri-state area as a Mets fan -I hated the Yankees. Moving up here I root for them over the Sox.

b) Understood.

Red Sox fans are worse than this guy?

Edit: Fuck, every single person in that photo is a douche. There's Fat Joe, the guy that yells "Fuck you Cruz", that dad pointing out to his son one day he's going to grow up to be that doucher. That may be the most representative image ever.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:20 am

The mouthbreathers in the bleachers and outfield grandstand of fenway are just as bad as the mouthbreathers in the bleachers at yankee stadium. I've been to both as a neutral. Just saying.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:40 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:The mouthbreathers in the bleachers and outfield grandstand of fenway are just as bad as the mouthbreathers in the bleachers at yankee stadium. I've been to both as a neutral. Just saying.

I thought that they're pinkhats.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:10 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:The mouthbreathers in the bleachers and outfield grandstand of fenway are just as bad as the mouthbreathers in the bleachers at yankee stadium. I've been to both as a neutral. Just saying.

Wait. So every team with a halfway decent fan following has shitty fans? My world has just gone upside down.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:22 pm

Good sign for the Red Sox - Beckett has nasty shit again. It is an odd year, after all.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:34 pm

I went on Saturday. The weather was lovely and the beers were cold. Gonzalez is going to be a monster for the Red Sox in the coming years.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:16 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Wait. So every team with a halfway decent fan following has shitty fans? My world has just gone upside down.

That was exactly my point. Thanks for reiterating it.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:42 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:I went on Saturday. The weather was lovely and the beers were cold. Gonzalez is going to be a monster for the Red Sox in the coming years.

Did you get to see one of those new rapid-flow beer dispensers in action?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:50 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:I went on Saturday. The weather was lovely and the beers were cold. Gonzalez is going to be a monster for the Red Sox in the coming years.

The stand that I went to had normal Bud taps. And, they were $8.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:57 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I was there friday first base side and did not see such magic. Are you talking about those things that were publicized a few months ago where they fill up from the bottom?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:42 pm

I know there's a thing out there called Turbo Tap. It pours out beer very quickly and there's a very small head. I know it was in Wrigley about 6 years ago or so but not sure if it's ventured anywhere else.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:53 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I was there friday first base side and did not see such magic. Are you talking about those things that were publicized a few months ago where they fill up from the bottom?

I think the Philly Flyers were one of the first teams to have these things. The timing perfectly coincided with when the Flyers decided to quit on the season over the last two months.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Shea Field