Rangers Tweeting Cliff Lee is Staying in Texas?

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Rangers Tweeting Cliff Lee is Staying in Texas?

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:24 pm

No confirm yet --since Yanks may fire one more $33M a year salvo--BUT.... a few sports shows that Lee on his hunting partner Tommy Hunter were tweeting about Cliff pitching in Texas.

Yankees saying "not desperate" was a nice PR Cashman ploy, but Cashman lost Lee last July when he failed to seal the deal with MLB's higher ups before Seattle backed out.

Cost Yankees dearly. Pennant and maybe WS?

Now Burkett and Petitte have to come through again since Grienke's GM says he wants more than Yankees can offer for his immediate needs.

My perennial tongue-in-cheek 30 game winner in Carl Pavano.

Yanks sign him again, he gets shot in the ass before opening day by a stray bullet and get another free $40M.

Bring me the head of Fritz Peterson!!!

The next World War will be announced on Justin Bieber's tweet and only the teeny boppers will survive and their cell phones.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: Rangers Tweeting Cliff Lee is Staying in Texas?

Postby eaglesmith on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:36 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:No confirm yet --since Yanks may fire one more $33M a year salvo--BUT.... a few sports shows that Lee on his hunting partner Tommy Hunter were tweeting about Cliff pitching in Texas.

Yankees saying "not desperate" was a nice PR Cashman ploy, but Cashman lost Lee last July when he failed to seal the deal with MLB's higher ups before Seattle backed out.

Now Burkett and Petitte have to come through again since Grienke's GM says he wants more than Yankees can offer for his immediate needs.

Yanks sign him again, he gets shot in the ass before opening day by a stray bullet and get another free $40M.

The next World War will be announced on Justin Bieber's tweet and only the teeny boppers will survive and their cell phones.

All this is leading to Pujols garnering the first 10 year/$400 million contract in sports history, right?
eaglesmith
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:58 pm

eaglesmith {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:No confirm yet --since Yanks may fire one more $33M a year salvo--BUT.... a few sports shows that Lee on his hunting partner Tommy Hunter were tweeting about Cliff pitching in Texas.

All this is leading to Pujols garnering the first 10 year/$400 million contract in sports history, right?

Cards had him for $20M-25M for 7 and the cheap asses balked due to his elbow...and of course...they are cheap..
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:07 pm

eaglesmith {l Wrote}:

Totally true. I wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees just gave Pujols a majority stake in the club to sign with them once he's an FA.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby eaglesmith on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:11 pm

And put Teixiera where?

Now that the Yanks have Tex and the Red Sox have Gonzo, I think the only teams that have a realistic shot at Pujols are the Cubs, Mets, Dodgers, and I guess the Angels.

Although, even as a Cubs fan, I think it's a crime if St. Louis doesn't re-sign him. They HAVE to.
eaglesmith
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:34 am

eaglesmith {l Wrote}:And put Teixiera where?

Pujols has played 400+ games at positions other than 1B/DH*

While the stat is true, I am joking
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010