NLCS

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

NLCS

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:52 am

For the four posters that care.

Phillies have a shot here? Need two in a row, at home, against Sanchez and Cain.

Nothing surprises me in any direction with this team right now.

Hopefully Halladay's groin heals so it matters.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Re: NLCS

Postby BearTerritory on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:49 am

As a Red Sox and Giants fan I've been waiting anxiously for Ramon Martinez to emerge from his coma.

Lesh and Weir doing the national anthem-priceless.
BearTerritory
Carney Hall

Postby ryrob on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:19 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:For the four posters that care.

Phillies have a shot here? Need two in a row, at home, against Sanchez and Cain.

Nothing surprises me in any direction with this team right now.

Hopefully Halladay's groin heals so it matters.

I feel pretty good about the team given the home atmosphere and momentum right now. But you're right, nothing would surprise me. I understand though that all good things have to come to an end at some point, so a loss wouldn't be as heartbreaking as in years past.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:42 am

Should have known they had no shot in this one with the way things were going. That Chooch lineout to end the 8th in a DP summed up the whole series. Or maybe Howard ending the series with his bat still on his shoulder?

I'd love to know why Ross Fucking Gload got every pinch hit at bat and Mike Sweeney didn't leave the bench.

I hope bochy and his bush league asshole team lose to the Rangers in 4 with Cliff Lee winning 2, and I hope lincecuminhisass is all kinds of mindfucked by his relief experience.

Fuck Pat the Bat, Fuck Jonathon Sanchez, Fuck dyed black beard Brian Wilson.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby ryrob on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:29 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Should have known they had no shot in this one with the way things were going. That Chooch lineout to end the 8th in a DP summed up the whole series. Or maybe Howard ending the series with his bat still on his shoulder?

I'd love to know why Ross Fucking Gload got every pinch hit at bat and Mike Sweeney didn't leave the bench.

I hope bochy and his bush league asshole team lose to the Rangers in 4 with Cliff Lee winning 2, and I hope lincecuminhisass is all kinds of mindfucked by his relief experience.

Howard staring at strike 3 for sure. If that wasn't a sign of the whole team's cowardly, "maybe he'll just walk me" approach at the plate, I don't know what is. I hate the Giants and that douche Wilson, but we surely deserved to lose.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:29 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Should have known they had no shot in this one with the way things were going. That Chooch lineout to end the 8th in a DP summed up the whole series. Or maybe Howard ending the series with his bat still on his shoulder?

Howard staring at strike 3 for sure. If that wasn't a sign of the whole team's cowardly, "maybe he'll just walk me" approach at the plate, I don't know what is. I hate the Giants and that douche Wilson, but we surely deserved to lose.

FWIW, Wilson did make essentially a perfect pitch.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:51 pm

That reminded me of the filth that Wainwright got Beltran on in 2006. Nobody was touching that.

And Brian Wilson is absolutely hilarious. Watch his Jim Rome interview on YouTube. Comic gold. Combine that with Aubrey Huff and this Giants team is actually a pretty cool team.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:01 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Combine that with Aubrey Huff and this Giants team is actually a pretty cool team.

...except for the filthy hippy.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Return to Shea Field