ALCS

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

ALCS

Postby claver2010 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:31 am

Yanks down 3-1 with Cheeseburger Cheeseburger on the mound this afternoon. Anyone think they can come back?

I'm still shocked they didn't pitch fatso 1, 4, 7.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: ALCS

Postby branchinator on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:34 am

I think the Yanks win Game 5 tonight. But it's going to be really tough for them to win 2 in Texas when Lee is going in 1 of the games and without Teixeira.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby Shredder on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:21 am

I think this is it. C.C. has been hit by both the Twins and Rangers already this postseason and while he will pitch at home, the Rangers' bats have been on fire this October. With the added juice of a clincher, I don't see them cooling off. Wilson outpitched C.C. in game 1 and will also benefit by being a lefty in Yankee Stadium. C.C. not only has to be lights out, he'll also have to go deep because the Rangers have hit every reliever but Wood and Mariano.

I don't think they've announced when Lee is pitching again but with the travel day, he can pitch Game 6 on regular rest. The Yankees would have to pitch Hughes who got lit up or Pettite on short rest.

How about TBS showing the mass exodus of Yankees fans before the ninth inning? Fox probably wouldn't have done that.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:14 am

I think the yankees win tonight - C.C. will have his good stuff and be dealing in a close-out game.

But the big problem is game 6 - Cliff Lee is going to dominate again and close it out for the Rangers.

The reason they didn't pitch C.C. 1,4,7 is that they had to go 4-deep anyways. Last year they could pitch C.C. 1,4,7, compress to 3 starters and keep everyone on regular rest. But this year if they would have done it and gone to 3 pitchers Hughes still would have been pitching game 5 with 4 days rest, and Pettite would have been pitching 6 on three-days rest. They just don't have 3 horses that can go every three days. Sabathia could, but then you would have had Burnett in game 5 (or possibly Hughes 5 and then Burnett 6). Either way you had to put the ball in his hands.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:27 am

Seattle GM Jack Zduriencik destroyed his own franchise with a forbidden division rival trade and created a long term beast monster.

When Texas swooped in on a "done deal" and the Seattle GM did not call Cashman back when Brian was preparing the trade announcement PR deal and talking to the Commissioner, that is when the Texas Rangers put the final piece on a World Championship Team Winner-- and new baseball monster in the AL WEAK/WEST.

The Yankees with poor seasons from their starters were eliminated 07-09-10, when Brian Cashman failed to seal the deal and let Texas slide in the back door.

They haven't even used Rich Harden.

Holland hit 96 and 97 last night.

Wilson, Lewis, Lee, Hunter and they have the two top prospect starters in baseball on the farm!

WOW!

In the AL West, they should dominate for 6--7 more years and if they sign Lee and keep the two kids on the farm, be in the hunt every year for the World Series.

The AL West is so far behind the Rangers, they could be lousy over the next 5 years and win by accident.
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:28 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:The reason they didn't pitch C.C. 1,4,7 is that they had to go 4-deep anyways. Last year they could pitch C.C. 1,4,7, compress to 3 starters and keep everyone on regular rest. But this year if they would have done it and gone to 3 pitchers Hughes still would have been pitching game 5 with 4 days rest, and Pettite would have been pitching 6 on three-days rest. They just don't have 3 horses that can go every three days. Sabathia could, but then you would have had Burnett in game 5 (or possibly Hughes 5 and then Burnett 6). Either way you had to put the ball in his hands.

I understand that they would have to go 4 deep but if I was a Yankees fan I'd prefer to get my ace out there as much as possible:
1) CC
2) Pettite
3) Hughes
4) CC (3 days)
5) AJ (as you said he's going to need to pitch anyways)
6) Pettite
7) CC (3 days)

Meaning you could move back Hughes to the pen after game 3 (where they clearly need help).
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:48 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:The reason they didn't pitch C.C. 1,4,7 is that they had to go 4-deep anyways. Last year they could pitch C.C. 1,4,7, compress to 3 starters and keep everyone on regular rest. But this year if they would have done it and gone to 3 pitchers Hughes still would have been pitching game 5 with 4 days rest, and Pettite would have been pitching 6 on three-days rest. They just don't have 3 horses that can go every three days. Sabathia could, but then you would have had Burnett in game 5 (or possibly Hughes 5 and then Burnett 6). Either way you had to put the ball in his hands.

I understand that they would have to go 4 deep but if I was a Yankees fan I'd prefer to get my ace out there as much as possible:
1) CC
2) Pettite
3) Hughes
4) CC (3 days)
5) AJ (as you said he's going to need to pitch anyways)
6) Pettite
7) CC (3 days)

Meaning you could move back Hughes to the pen after game 3 (where they clearly need help).

You're right, that would have been smarter - probably another aspect of it is arrogance - thinking maybe they would end up being able to avoid working CC too hard and save him for the WS, which they are not going to get to now. Once Girardi pitched Hughes in game 2, and Hughes stunk up the joint, they were in big trouble, because they basically had to pitch him a second time, or pitch both CC and Pettite on 3 days rest.

Last year that extra off-day really helped them, this year they didn't have it and didn't adjust well.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:32 am

One look at Jared Macchirole and I am reminded why I moved off The Island...
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:25 pm

If this doesn't sum up the fan base, I don't know what does.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:13 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Image

This is after the guido missed catching a ball that came right at him by about a foot and a half. It was a helluva scoop as it lay motionless on the ground, though!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:39 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:it was also clearly interference

at least that's what i would say if i liked sports and watched the first inning of the game

And if you weren't a NJ guido like the perp in question
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Image

My wife said...

"That is why they hate you people!"

So knowing the Jersey Shore and Long island Guidomania elements....

In 1976-1977-1978, Nelson Cruz would got a beer shower and when he went to wipe his face he would be missing a arm and get the fxck back to the other room you irish scootish red headed mutt!"

Ya see...ya see...you are animals..

Next Gun show I buy the shotgun repeater.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:36 pm

Yankees are in deep shit.

They should pull Sabathia now and his record on 3 days rest is poor.

The Yankees will see Lee on 4 days rest in game 7 unless Ron pulls a Yogi Berra asshole 1973 screw up in the Series and starts him in Game 6 like he did with Seaver on 3 days rest.

Anyone remember that bullshit?

Hughes is a 500 pitcher anywhere else.

The Yankees will need a monster PERFECT pitching performance from starters Hughes --pray for 5 innings---and maybe Pettitte in Game 6/7--- and Sabathia and Burnett in Game 7.

To me the guy who has been lights out and under used and not stretched out was Kerry Wood?

They need him to go 2 innings both days.

The offense is not hitting big either and A-Rod and Cano have to hit huge in Texas.

I still think that Lee can be beat, but they are so unaggressive early in the counts that Lee is Koufax or even better.

Two more perfect games to beat a hot team of destiny will be almost impossible with Lee and Texas can hit.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Return to Shea Field