Salty Finally in Boston

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Salty Finally in Boston

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:06 am

Can't catch or throwback to pitcher, but this kid has a bat to develop.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: Salty Finally in Boston

Postby branchinator on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:35 pm

His .771 OPS in AAA this year doesn't really excite me. Salty's defense is terrible and now he's gone Steve Sax on us. I think his upside is as a 1B/DH off the bench.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:41 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:His .771 OPS in AAA this year doesn't really excite me. Salty's defense is terrible and now he's gone Steve Sax on us. I think his upside is as a 1B/DH off the bench.

Steve Sax had a run-in with the law. Roger Clemens is the one that went nutso and couldn't play anymore. Maybe Salty was hypnotized like him.

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Shredder on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:52 am

Some brain and nerve tonic might help him. Just don't let him drink too much; it can cause gigantism. Salty was a good move for the future because they didn't give up much for him and he does have upside. Few catchers in the system are projected to catch at the major league level and I don't expect Victor to come back next year because someone else will give him the long-term contract he wants. If he doesn't pan out, it's not like they gave up Buchholz (whom Texas wanted for him the past two years) or Casey Kelly. Barring some incredible turnaround, he won't be starting next season, but look at the guys we've had play with Victor and Varitek hurt. He can probably end up better than Cash, Brown and (non-brother) Molina.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Return to Shea Field