Oswalt --Millwood -- Lee -- GREAT TALENT available!

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Oswalt --Millwood -- Lee -- GREAT TALENT available!

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:51 am

Newsflash: The Yankees aren't anywhere near as good as they were last season. Any number of team could beat them in a short series.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:27 am

The team that finishes with the best record has the series option of off days in Round 1.

Whomever wins that select option and they play Texas should select the shorter day schedule to get Lee in a best of 5 in 7 days. Wilson and Lewis have been very tough also.

Texas gets by Round 1, they will be contenders.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:51 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Newsflash: The Yankees aren't anywhere near as good as they were last season. Any number of team could beat them in a short series.

Don't tell brach...he may unintentionally clamp down and nip the tip.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby chuckfrombc on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:49 pm

How does Texas take on ! 1/2 million more salary when they are bankrupt and being funded by the other teams? Why wouldn't all the contenders balk at the Lee move?
chuckfrombc
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:07 pm

chuckfrombc {l Wrote}:74,

How does Texas take on ! 1/2 million more salary when they are bankrupt and being funded by the other teams? Why wouldn't all the contenders balk at the Lee move?

They got $2.25 million in cash as well to offset the approximate cost of the $4.2 million remaining on Lee's salary.

I hope a new group beats the Greenberg/Ryan Group and outbids the now $508+ $20M loser fee to Greenberg/Ryan.

The $70M in real estate is now a separate deal.

I think with the farm team loaded, the salary base now, a new owner with $$$$ like Cuban cna really get it going here and be a 6 year contender vs. the American League Central and East.

The West is so weak its like Triple AAA now.

The Rangers did not part with Ogando, Holland, Martin Perez and Scheppers.

Rangers will dominate the West even if they lose Lee to Yankees after the World Series.

I see Lee replacing Vasquez and the Yankees will have the Phillies/Red Sox/Dodgers after the McCourt divorce and other deep pocket teams vying for Cliff.

I see 5 years and $100M range.

I went through the 2011 free agent market yesterday --- and it is thinner than a Victoria Secret models's waist.

Crawford is the other jewel.. He would be perfect at Fenway.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:36 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:BEST OF 2011:
Catchers
BEST 2011's

Jayson Werth (32) also.
Updated 7-5-10

Catchers
John Buck (30)
First basemen
Adam Dunn (31)
Third basemen
Jorge Cantu (29)
Left fielders
Carl Crawford (29)
Starting pitchers
Cliff Lee (32)
Closers

Brian Fuentes (35) - $9MM option vests with 55 games finished in 2010
Rafael Soriano (31)

1-Crawford replacing Granderson is a longshot. Red Sox need him badly. He would be a 30-30 guy at Fenway.

2-Buck as a back-up? The Yankees have Jesus Montero back and the next guy they held thinking he was just as good or close?

3-Dunn -- I thought Yankees needed him and still do today. Their bench and DH is weak. Dunn may be pryed loose in next few weeks and he could hit 50 bombs with the Yankee line-up protection and make some noise in the post season.

There is no antidote for the 3 run bomb and guys hitting .245 with 45 bombs and 125 RBI....the best play in baseball as Earl The Genius Weaver said is still the 3 run jack.

4--Cantu is intriguing since he can play third and first. Replacement for Ortiz? He could be the guy. The Red Sox weaknesses fit well with the thin crowd in 2011.

5--Soriano-- When will Mariano need to be eased out and replaced like Wetteland?

I posted here that I would never have given Posada that 4th year in 2008 start and Rivera the 3rd year?

Mariano is amazing. Mariano is a free agent, but he will get a Yankee deal.

Now that Posada will be 39 and Rivera 41, they may be in their last 2011 year and be more effective like Stengel used Berra late in his career over 35+ ---(still a dangerous hitter in the clutch and stuck him in the OF and caught 50-60 games)--- and Mariano has amazed me in year 3, but Rivera can be beaten more often in the playoffs and Posada can't throw out runners.

Tampa has no $$$$ to match the Yankees and I would pick up Rafael Soriano.

1--As a Yankee Fan---what do you do with granderson or Swisher if you sign Crawford? I would trade Granderson and keep Gardner.

2-If you pass on Crawford, I would sign Dunn.

The Yankees may pass on both and go for Lee and Soriano. Texas has great weather an no NY WELFARE QUEEN taxes. Lee is a junk ball location pitcher amd warm weather helps these guys tremendously.

The new Ranger owners amy have deep pockets and the Yankees may be looking at the farm or Soriano?

2011 is one weak crop report.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:59 pm

Jeter ------ $22.600 37
Pettitte---- $11.750 39
Vasquez---- $11.500 34
Rivera------ $15.000 41

That is a $60.85 million dollar payroll coming off in 2011 from a payroll of $207M.

Posada------ $13.100 40 in 2012

$74 MILLION! (SEE BELOW)

Vasquez is gone for sure. The farm system has 2 catchers --Montero and Romine --- plus Cervelli is a nice bench player.

You have about 7 guys on the Yankees who will go big like Cano, Hughes, Chamberlain, Gardner, Cervelli.

These present teams have shots at the post season and glory:

19 Tampa Bay Rays 72,323,471

20 Kansas City Royals 71,405,210

21 Cincinnati Reds 68,200,542

22 Washington Nationals 62,349,000
23 Toronto Blue Jays 61,484,400
24 Cleveland Indians 60,778,966
25 Florida Marlins 55,239,500

26 Texas Rangers 55,168,114

27 Oakland Athletics 50,839,900
28 Arizona Diamondbacks 48,452,166

29 San Diego Padres 38,199,300 YIKES!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!

30 Pittsburgh Pirates 34,933,000

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby chuckfrombc on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:17 pm

Thanks, 74. Jamie Newberg, writer of the Newberg Report (Google it if you don't already receive it) on all things Texas Rangers believes that Seattle could have gotten much more than just Smoak and taken at least one A rated prospect. He also points out that the Yankees were used simply to make the Rangers agree to trade Smoak (he may or may not reach the potential many thinks he has) and traded to a division rival. The Yankees aren't used to being played like that.
chuckfrombc
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:36 pm

chuckfrombc {l Wrote}:Thanks, 74. Jamie Newberg, writer of the Newberg Report (Google it if you don't already receive it) on all things Texas Rangers believes that Seattle could have gotten much more than just Smoak and taken at least one A rated prospect. He also points out that the Yankees were used simply to make the Rangers agree to trade Smoak (he may or may not reach the potential many thinks he has) and traded to a division rival. The Yankees aren't used to being played like that.

Then again...the Yankees have Jesus Montero, - (Posada is about done and oft injured Maybe 80 games a season???) - David Adams and Zach MCAllister and Lee is a 5 month rental?

The move by Seattle GM Jack Zdurenick was not kosher, but not "unethical" or against he rules. He agreed and then used some ankle injury by Adams to back out since physicals are part of the process and teams use tis as a out to get a better deal like Smoak and Texas?

The Yankees will now move on Oswalt and he is a power pitcher and may be a better long term than Lee who could be gone with anyone in 5 months? Oswalt has like 2 years left.

I see Oswalt as a possible and maybe better luck out? Then ship Vazquez to Philly for Werth or the Nats for Dunn.

Imagine getting Oswalt and then getting Lee in November to replace Pettitte who may want to retire?

The Rangers have to beat the Yankees for this to hurt. Cashman was not happy, but business is business and the GM used maximum leverage and what comes round goes round. The Yankees know that was business and Cashman understands.

Could be in 2011:

Sabathia
Oswalt
Lee
Burentt
Hughes

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:38 pm

The Yankees are focused on Tanpa Bay and have trouble with Price.

They are happy since Price and Lee would be tough to beat back-to-back.

We shall see.

I think Oswalt is coming...The Yankees don;t take well to getting beat and Sabathia is very solid, but Sabathia and Oswalt back to back in October is also very very tough.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:20 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Chamberlain, Gaudin, and 1 prospects and get Oswalt.

Joba is a mental midget who wants to start and belongs in Houston with the world capital of mental midgets.

Might as well?

Just do it..Joba is dumb.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:18 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:BEST OF 2011:
Catchers
BEST 2011's

Jayson Werth (32) also.
Updated 7-5-10

Catchers
John Buck (30)
First basemen
Adam Dunn (31)
Third basemen
Jorge Cantu (29)
Left fielders
Carl Crawford (29)
Starting pitchers
Cliff Lee (32)
Closers

Brian Fuentes (35) - $9MM option vests with 55 games finished in 2010
Rafael Soriano (31)

1-Crawford replacing Granderson is a longshot. Red Sox need him badly. He would be a 30-30 guy at Fenway.

2-Buck as a back-up? The Yankees have Jesus Montero back and the next guy they held thinking he was just as good or close?

3-Dunn -- I thought Yankees needed him and still do today. Their bench and DH is weak. Dunn may be pryed loose in next few weeks and he could hit 50 bombs with the Yankee line-up protection and make some noise in the post season.

There is no antidote for the 3 run bomb and guys hitting .245 with 45 bombs and 125 RBI....the best play in baseball as Earl The Genius Weaver said is still the 3 run jack.

4--Cantu is intriguing since he can play third and first. Replacement for Ortiz? He could be the guy. The Red Sox weaknesses fit well with the thin crowd in 2011.

5--Soriano-- When will Mariano need to be eased out and replaced like Wetteland?

I posted here that I would never have given Posada that 4th year in 2008 start and Rivera the 3rd year?

Mariano is amazing. Mariano is a free agent, but he will get a Yankee deal.

Now that Posada will be 39 and Rivera 41, they may be in their last 2011 year and be more effective like Stengel used Berra late in his career over 35+ ---(still a dangerous hitter in the clutch and stuck him in the OF and caught 50-60 games)--- and Mariano has amazed me in year 3, but Rivera can be beaten more often in the playoffs and Posada can't throw out runners.

Tampa has no $$$$ to match the Yankees and I would pick up Rafael Soriano.

1--As a Yankee Fan---what do you do with granderson or Swisher if you sign Crawford? I would trade Granderson and keep Gardner.

2-If you pass on Crawford, I would sign Dunn.

The Yankees may pass on both and go for Lee and Soriano. Texas has great weather an no NY WELFARE QUEEN taxes. Lee is a junk ball location pitcher amd warm weather helps these guys tremendously.

The new Ranger owners amy have deep pockets and the Yankees may be looking at the farm or Soriano?

2011 is one weak crop report.

2011 START is weak.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Shea Field