Favorite Ballpark

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Favorite Baseball Park

Fenway
15%
Old Yankee
9%
New Yankee
3%
Wrigley Field
15%
Pittsburgh/PNC
6%
Baltimore/Camden Yards
6%
New Busch Stadium
3%
Old Busch Stadium
6%
Cleveland/Pregressive
No votes
NYM/Citi Field
3%
Philly/Citizen's Bank
9%
Nationals Park
6%
Tiger Stadium
No votes
Detroit/Comerica
No votes
Milwaukee/Miller Park
3%
Seattle/Saefco
No votes
San Diego/Petco
No votes
San Fransisco/AT&T
3%
Dodger Stadium
No votes
Houston/Enron
No votes
Other
12%

Total votes : 33

Re: Favorite Ballpark

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:12 pm

The whole Fenway experience is very very overrated. That doesn't mean it isn't good. It's just nowhere near what I expected it to be. The whole "experience" is overrated, the idea that the place is constantly full is bullshit, the idea that their fans are most knowledgeable and pay more attention than other fans at other stadiums simply isn't true. I mean, sure, it's a good place to catch a game if you've got great seats, but I was very unimpressed.

I heard that they were having major problems selling tickets this year and now I know its true. Even though they claim all these games were "sold out", I was able to get first row seats on Pesky Pole last Friday (the game against the Rays that was called after the top of the ninth) simply by going online through redsox.com like 5-7 days before the game.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:16 pm

My favorite ballpark is the currently nonexistent new BC park on the Brighton campus, because the toxic runoff is going to kill all the Brighton loons and their nerd kids.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:18 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:The whole Fenway experience is very very overrated. That doesn't mean it isn't good. It's just nowhere near what I expected it to be. The whole "experience" is overrated, the idea that the place is constantly full is bullshit, the idea that their fans are most knowledgeable and pay more attention than other fans at other stadiums simply isn't true. I mean, sure, it's a good place to catch a game if you've got great seats, but I was very unimpressed.

I heard that they were having major problems selling tickets this year and now I know its true. Even though they claim all these games were "sold out", I was able to get first row seats on Pesky Pole last Friday (the game against the Rays that was called after the top of the ninth) simply by going online through redsox.com like 5-7 days before the game.

The place has been constantly full for close to 10 years. That is really indisputable - I have been a season ticket holder for many of those years. The tickets you got were likely given back by season ticket holders that were out of town or the like. Many tickets get sold twice.

The more knowledgeable thing is very overrated, but it is true. At Yankee and Fenway, more people simply pay attention and know what is going on. Now I no longer sit in the bleachers or the right field grandstands, so I speak from corporate seating experience, not the cheap seats. The cheap seats may be different. But other ballparks are a joke - with Camden Yards being the worst I have been to. Horrible baseball fans in Baltimore.

All of that said, the place is an uncomfortable dump. A holy dump, but a dump nonetheless. It is time to build a new ballpark.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:23 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:All of that said, the place is an uncomfortable dump. A holy dump, but a dump nonetheless. It is time to build a new ballpark.

America has gotten taller (me) and fatter (wang) and we demand roomier seats! And, uh, Wang wants a seatside service make your own taco bar. fatty
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:09 pm

The new sections of Fenway are great. I was at the Rays game a few Fridays back that was called in the 9th, and we sat in the left field pavilion reserved section. It feels like you're in a new park because the seats aren't as cramped, there are plenty of bathrooms and food/drink vendors nearby, and there are a few outdoor bars on the concourse.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:34 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:The new sections of Fenway are great. I was at the Rays game a few Fridays back that was called in the 9th, and we sat in the left field pavilion reserved section. It feels like you're in a new park because the seats aren't as cramped, there are plenty of bathrooms and food/drink vendors nearby, and there are a few outdoor bars on the concourse.

The seats in the pavilion are good but way too expensive.

$52 for what basically are mezzanine seats in every other ball park in right field.
$75 for what basically are mezzanine seats in every other ball park in left field.
$170 for what basically are mezzanine seats in every other ball park between the bases.
$225 or something for what basically are mezzanine seats in every other ball park behind home plate.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:35 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:The new sections of Fenway are great. I was at the Rays game a few Fridays back that was called in the 9th, and we sat in the left field pavilion reserved section. It feels like you're in a new park because the seats aren't as cramped, there are plenty of bathrooms and food/drink vendors nearby, and there are a few outdoor bars on the concourse.

The seats in the pavilion are good but way too expensive.

$52 for what basically are mezzanine seats in every other ball park in right field.
$75 for what basically are mezzanine seats in every other ball park in left field.
$170 for what basically are mezzanine seats in every other ball park between the bases.
$225 or something for what basically are mezzanine seats in every other ball park behind home plate.

People don't buy those seats. Unless, like the Supreme Court, you consider corporations people.

That said, those seats are awesome. I actually enjoy a game in those seats. And despite being high, you essentially look right down on the game. Like upper deck end zone at Alumni.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sun May 02, 2010 5:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:Wrigley>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fenway

Fenway is cool, but the atmosphere at wrigley is second to none. Outside of the stadium itself wrigley has the advantage over every other ballpark in the nation due to the surrounding neighborhood, the gameday atmosphere, and the local bars all around. Going to a game at wrigley is the closest you can come to a college football tailgate at a baseball stadium.

Wrigley: a place where a bunch of losers can celebrate a team full of losers, no matter how bad they are, without having to be bothered with silly little things like a baseball game.

The atmosphere at Wrigley is great for a party. For watching a baseball game, it might be the most annoying place on Earth.

Fenway isn't a party because people actually give a shit about the game. In the third inning some fat dude is bitching about pitch count, and the guy next to him comments that the pen is overworked. The fans actually know the players on the other team.

That's where I'd rather be.

You can argue who has "better fans" and I'm not even going to get into that, but as far as which is the better ballpark, Fenway doesn't even compare to Wrigley.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun May 02, 2010 11:27 pm

I can't stand upper deck endzone in Alumni. There, I said it. (And yes I like those pavilion seats at Fenway but they are still way too expensive and normal people do by RF roof box tix as well as LF Coke Pavilion tix)
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 03, 2010 11:16 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:I can't stand upper deck endzone in Alumni. There, I said it. (And yes I like those pavilion seats at Fenway but they are still way too expensive and normal people do by RF roof box tix as well as LF Coke Pavilion tix)

Can't think of one good reason to sit anywhere else in Alumni. Although I now have another reason not to.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Mon May 03, 2010 11:20 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:These seats, the cost over 2 bills apiece at Fenway, are $14 for the first ticket and $7 for the rest of your party (afternoon games) in Cincinnati, in a terrific newer stadium with $1 parking within 1/4 mile of your seats. For night games these seats are $14 each no matter how many you buy. To my mind, a baseball game is worth about fifteen bucks.
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ball ... gviews.jsp

yeah, but you have to be in cinncinatti. yuck

Yea...but, where else will you be able to find such a top-notch view of Kentucky.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue May 04, 2010 4:11 pm

I voted for PNC park - bad baseball, but gorgeous stadium right on the river. It's great for night games. Also, I just got amazing tickets there for $27.00 each. Very affordable place to go to a game.

The most expensive available seats are $52.00!! That's the same price as a lousy Fenway right field box seat.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Previous

Return to Shea Field