Red Sox Weirdos

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:41 am

The most entertaining part of the offseason is a bunch of reporters getting scooped by a 14 year old that somehow has sources within the Sox organization.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:21 am

it's like the bc hockey blog kid

who is going to be moved OUT now?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:44 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:it's like the bc hockey blog kid

Cespedes, Bradley, Nava, Middlebrooks. Victorino, Castillo and Betts split time in LF/RF, keep Holt and Craig. Rotation is whatever 2 guys that they sign/trade for, Kelly, Buchholz/Webster and De la Rosa

CF Betts/Victorino
2B Pedroia
DH Ortiz
LF Ramirez
3B Sandoval
1B Napoli
SS Bogaerts
C Vasquez
RF Castillo/Victorino

Holt
Craig
Swihart
Francisco
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:52 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Cespedes, Bradley, Nava, Middlebrooks. Victorino, Castillo and Betts split time in LF/RF, keep Holt and Craig. Rotation is whatever 2 guys that they sign/trade for, Kelly, Buchholz/Webster and De la Rosa

CF Betts/Victorino
2B Pedroia
DH Ortiz
LF Ramirez
3B Sandoval
1B Napoli
SS Bogaerts
C Vasquez
RF Castillo/Victorino

Holt
Craig
Swihart
Francisco

They didn't pay Castillo $80 mil to sit on the bench, he's playing CF with Betts in RF and Vic as the 4th outfielder. Considering Hanley's track record of health I can't see them moving Victorino.

Swigert will be in AAA, your top prospect isn't going to sit on the bench all year. And they traded for Hannigan.

Betts is going to win ROY and that lineup is going to be lights out.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:05 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

CF Betts/Victorino
2B Pedroia
DH Ortiz
LF Ramirez
3B Sandoval
1B Napoli
SS Bogaerts
C Vasquez
RF Castillo/Victorino

Holt
Craig
Swihart
Francisco

They didn't pay Castillo $80 mil to sit on the bench, he's playing CF with Betts in RF and Vic as the 4th outfielder. Considering Hanley's track record of health I can't see them moving Victorino.

Swigert will be in AAA, your top prospect isn't going to sit on the bench all year. And they traded for Hannigan.

RF is bigger than CF at Fenway, that is why I have Castillo and Victorino out there. I think that Betts/Victorino/Castillo end up splitting time until Castillo proves he can hit at that level.

I also think they move Craig if they can and sign a veteran backup catcher and leave Swihart on the farm.

Right now the only question is can they land an ace and can they shore up the bullpen so that Koji doesn't have to throw 75 innings.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:46 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

CF Betts/Victorino
2B Pedroia
DH Ortiz
LF Ramirez
3B Sandoval
1B Napoli
SS Bogaerts
C Vasquez
RF Castillo/Victorino

Holt
Craig
Swihart
Francisco

RF is bigger than CF at Fenway, that is why I have Castillo and Victorino out there. I think that Betts/Victorino/Castillo end up splitting time until Castillo proves he can hit at that level.

I also think they move Craig if they can and sign a veteran backup catcher and leave Swihart on the farm.

Right now the only question is can they land an ace and can they shore up the bullpen so that Koji doesn't have to throw 75 innings.

I agree with all of it except the OF. Ramirez, Betts, Castillo will play an overwhelming majority of games barring injury
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:06 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

CF Betts/Victorino
2B Pedroia
DH Ortiz
LF Ramirez
3B Sandoval
1B Napoli
SS Bogaerts
C Vasquez
RF Castillo/Victorino

Holt
Craig
Swihart
Francisco

I agree with all of it except the OF. Ramirez, Betts, Castillo will play an overwhelming majority of games barring injury

We shall see. When healthy, Victorino is arguably the best all around player of the four of them. Not sure he will be healthy again, but I am also not certain Castillo can hit major league pitching yet. The salary thing is irrelevant, Victorino makes more than Castillo next season by three million.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:34 am

Happy Truck Day! :flagus
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:22 am

Let's hope that truck stops in Philly on the way down, and doesn't drop off Swihart.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:05 pm

If you can get Hamels for something not involving the top three prospects then fine.

Otherwise he can keep his 5+ ERA against the AL in Philly.

I think he'd be fine here but not the 200K Sub 1.2 WHIP guy he is in the NL while facing pitchers who swing a bat like I do.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

CF Betts/Victorino
2B Pedroia
DH Ortiz
LF Ramirez
3B Sandoval
1B Napoli
SS Bogaerts
C Vasquez
RF Castillo/Victorino

Holt
Craig
Swihart
Francisco

We shall see. When healthy, Victorino is arguably the best all around player of the four of them. Not sure he will be healthy again, but I am also not certain Castillo can hit major league pitching yet. The salary thing is irrelevant, Victorino makes more than Castillo next season by three million.

If we paid Castillo $80 million and he can't hit that's terrible.

I think your CF in Game 1 of the ALDS is JBJ. Incredible on defense and he didn't magically forget how to hit.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:24 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

CF Betts/Victorino
2B Pedroia
DH Ortiz
LF Ramirez
3B Sandoval
1B Napoli
SS Bogaerts
C Vasquez
RF Castillo/Victorino

Holt
Craig
Swihart
Francisco

I think your CF in Game 1 of the ALDS is JBJ. Incredible on defense and he didn't magically forget how to hit.

It's 72.5 million over 7 years. Guy makes less than most of the guys in the lineup.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:53 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

CF Betts/Victorino
2B Pedroia
DH Ortiz
LF Ramirez
3B Sandoval
1B Napoli
SS Bogaerts
C Vasquez
RF Castillo/Victorino

Holt
Craig
Swihart
Francisco

It's 72.5 million over 7 years. Guy makes less than most of the guys in the lineup.

Not making the point that he is overpaid. Just saying they didn't hand out that contract last year to have him sit on the bench.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:56 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

CF Betts/Victorino
2B Pedroia
DH Ortiz
LF Ramirez
3B Sandoval
1B Napoli
SS Bogaerts
C Vasquez
RF Castillo/Victorino

Holt
Craig
Swihart
Francisco

Not making the point that he is overpaid. Just saying they didn't hand out that contract last year to have him sit on the bench.

An I am making the point that the same logic could be applied to Victorino's larger contract.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:27 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

He'd have to know how to hit in the first place in order to forget. :band
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:09 pm

Red Sox manager John Farrell today: “If Shane Victorino’s healthy, he’s our right fielder. You don’t lose your job to injury"
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Red Sox manager John Farrell today: “If Shane Victorino’s healthy, he’s our right fielder. You don’t lose your job to injury"

Not sure how I feel about that.

And I wonder if urban Meyer feels the same way. The QB situation at tOSU is going to be interesting next year if none of those guys transfer.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:18 am

Sports Hub just reported that the Red Sox signed Yoan Moncada.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:49 am

Confirmed.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BearTerritory on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:22 pm

The kid's only 19. So what does everyone figure: he spends a year or two in the system then plays third and Sandoval moves to first after Papi retires?
BearTerritory
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:59 pm

BearTerritory {l Wrote}:The kid's only 19. So what does everyone figure: he spends a year or two in the system then plays third and Sandoval moves to first after Papi retires?

That's the rumor. Another option is that the second baseman has some wear on the tires.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BearTerritory {l Wrote}:The kid's only 19. So what does everyone figure: he spends a year or two in the system then plays third and Sandoval moves to first after Papi retires?

That's the rumor. Another option is that the second baseman has some wear on the tires.

They also said they might try to see if he can stick at SS, though it's doubtful. He'll start in Portland most likely to get acclimated to big league and, more importantly, life in the US.

I imagine they have Mookie penciled in when Pedroia hurts himself this year.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:05 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

They also said they might try to see if he can stick at SS, though it's doubtful. He'll start in Portland most likely to get acclimated to big league and, more importantly, life in the US.

I imagine they have Mookie penciled in when Pedroia hurts himself this year.

Fair, but Mookie is also Hanley/Victorino insurance which means he may get 600 ABs.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:56 pm

I'm just waiting for them to put out the first four person OF.

And Yoan will start in either Low- or Hi-A, not in Portland, which is probably a solid move.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:40 am

Mookie Betts, everyday CF and leadoff hitter.

As predicted, Victorino in RF for now, looking like Castillo at Pawtucket until inevitable first injury in the corner OF positions.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:02 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Mookie Betts, everyday CF and leadoff hitter.

As predicted, Victorino in RF for now, looking like Castillo at Pawtucket until inevitable first injury in the corner OF positions.

The Red Sox are nuts playing Victorino over Castillo
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:03 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I'm just waiting for them to put out the first four person OF.

And Yoan will start in either Low- or Hi-A, not in Portland, which is probably a solid move.

Can this be like beer league softball where we can play a rover?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:22 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Fully healthy? Castillo has yet to prove he is in the ballpark of a fully healthy Victorino.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Fully healthy? Castillo has yet to prove he is in the ballpark of a fully healthy Victorino.

Victorino will get injured.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:32 am

I don't have a clue what your point is here. If he gets injured then Castillo comes up. If he's healthy Castillo needs ABs because Victorino is starting and is a better player when healthy
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Shea Field