Red Sox Weirdos

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:49 pm

In breaking news, Mookie Betts is doing some absurd shit today. Robbed a HR, stole two bases on one pitch and is 2-2 with 2 runs, a home run, 4 RBI and a walk.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:35 pm

it will never stop being funny to me that the sawks have a player named mookie on their team
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:37 pm

I'd forgotten about that.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:39 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'd forgotten about that.

that's because your team's had continued success whereas the nye mets have bernie madoff
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:44 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:In breaking news, Mookie Betts is doing some absurd shit today. Robbed a HR, stole two bases on one pitch and is 2-2 with 2 runs, a home run, 4 RBI and a walk.

I was watching The Baseball Show on CSN the other day and three straight dudes called in to complain that Brock Holt wasn't getting enough playing time. The last one even said they should send Mookie down to AAA to make room for Holt to start in CF. I missed that shit so much.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:49 am

Brock Holt is awesome once a week. Key is figuring out which day that occurs.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 28, 2015 8:15 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Brock Holt is awesome once a week. Key is figuring out which day that occurs.

I wonder if starting him in RF full time might be the way to go. Castillo seems to have no concept on the sport of baseball.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 28, 2015 9:14 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Brock Holt is awesome once a week. Key is figuring out which day that occurs.

I wonder if starting him in RF full time might be the way to go. Castillo seems to have no concept on the sport of baseball.

Nothing like an idea that is akin to starting Eddie Odio at PF
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:56 pm

This team is done.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:43 am

Thanks, Felger.

No team is done in this division. And the Red Sox won't hit this poorly all season. It's a .500 team playing as poorly as they can.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:56 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Thanks, Felger.

No team is done in this division. And the Red Sox won't hit this poorly all season. It's a .500 team playing as poorly as they can.

Hitting isn't my primary concern. The not caring aspect is more of a problem.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:12 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Thanks, Felger.

Hitting isn't my primary concern. The not caring aspect is more of a problem.

Eh, most teams losing don't care. The 2004 Red Sox were lethargic until Varitek told ARod that they don't hit .240 hitters. If you are old enough, you'll remember what a fucking cancer Nomar was for 4 months.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:10 pm

At a bar and NESN is on.
I just saw a stat that tge redsox are 14-8 over their last twenty games (4tg best in MLB). So what's the reason for the turnaround from their earlier sucktitude?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:15 am

hansen {l Wrote}:At a bar and NESN is on.
I just saw a stat that tge redsox are 14-8 over their last twenty games (4tg best in MLB). So what's the reason for the turnaround from their earlier sucktitude?

Guys i am rrsy for comnig and causing problems, however i ahd a reason but now i feel dumb.. so ear me out then say what you want. Ok a BC fan came onto the 'cUSE site after slection seundayy saying this and that and obviously that was very inappropriate after what had jsut happened, then a BC fan went onto the tgown site i read talking smakc, at that point i was tihknig dman im still mad aobut what this fan said on slection sunday.... then i was on cuconn site and read moree and got mad and ecided i'd let everyone no some facts, whoch i did and the thing is i aculttaly respect your program but was just mad over baiscally this 1 single fan who had thnigs to say on sunday selctionn and thats why i came here and ummm said some garbage nonesnee. well really anyting i said i likely do not even mean, first of all I RESPECT AL SKINNER and tink he does a magnificent job or that whoever does your recruitng does one lhel of a bjo because lets be honest you dnt walys get the most highly touted plaeyrs but have been winning, so someone is doing a great job. and thats bacially it i was taking out my frustareions w// 1 fan on all oyu guys nad i know this fan posts here but ofrget his name,so sorry. and time for bed b4 i fall overrrr. srry again felllas.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:56 am

the answer is they were flukishly sucky for a long time. they are a 14-8 team. well maybe not that good, but they are mediocre
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby AdamBC on Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:42 pm

DesmondPhes {l Wrote}:качественные товары по оптовым ценам

Your letters are upside down.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:44 am

why are the redsox trading 4 prospects including 2 top 50 for a closer?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:45 pm

Margot can't hit and they are all blocked by players not much older than them - Betts, Boegaerts. Plus, I'll take your word on the other guys, but Margot is the only one Sox people talk about and he's sliding down the prospect chart to guys like Devers, Benitendi, and Moncado. Kimbrel is 27, is arguably a top 2-3 closer and is under contract at a reasonable price for 3 years at just over $10 m per.

Pretty much a no-brainer. Sox system is stacked and they have three 23-year olds starting in the big club.

Plus, once Sonny Gray was off the market, they are committed to signing their starter(s), not trading for them. Mets want way too much for Harvey and I don't see them giving up Swihart and Devers for Sale.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:48 pm

“If you know you have a shortstop, that’s not a position you’ll need to worry about,” Dombrowski said. “The young players on the major league roster allow us some leeway.”

Shortstop Xander Bogaerts, who won a Silver Slugger the other day, is only three years older than Guerra. Mookie Betts is two years older than Margot.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:“If you know you have a shortstop, that’s not a position you’ll need to worry about,” Dombrowski said. “The young players on the major league roster allow us some leeway.”

Shortstop Xander Bogaerts, who won a Silver Slugger the other day, is only three years older than Guerra. Mookie Betts is two years older than Margot.

Those two guys weren't going to sniff the majors, you have Kimbrel under team control for 3 years, there is nothing on the FA market for RP and the Sox led MLB is blown saves last year. All of these.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Margot can't hit and they are all blocked by players not much older than them - Betts, Boegaerts. Plus, I'll take your word on the other guys, but Margot is the only one Sox people talk about and he's sliding down the prospect chart to guys like Devers, Benitendi, and Moncado. Kimbrel is 27, is arguably a top 2-3 closer and is under contract at a reasonable price for 3 years at just over $10 m per.

Pretty much a no-brainer. Sox system is stacked and they have three 23-year olds starting in the big club.

Plus, once Sonny Gray was off the market, they are committed to signing their starter(s), not trading for them. Mets want way too much for Harvey and I don't see them giving up Swihart and Devers for Sale.

Margot can't hit righties either. Had a bit of a split in A that really came about in AA. I don't love the trade as I feel they gave up a lot of assets for a closer but I'm not losing too much sleep over Margot. My guess is he'll make the big leagues one day based on his speed and defense but I'm not convinced they're giving up a Rizzo-esque star. The rest are too young to lose a lot of sleep over. For every Bogaerts that hits on his potential, there's a Lars Anderson, Craig Hansen, etc. Prospect fuckers are the worst.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby h2o on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:48 pm

I can't wait for the Ortiz farewell tour. It's gonna be awesome.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:28 am

h2o {l Wrote}:I can't wait for the Ortiz farewell tour. It's gonna be awesome.

Generally hate farewell tours, but reactions like this are going to make it awesome. That and the morons that will scream about 12-year old leaked inaccurate PED trial tests before PEDs were banned in the futile hope they can keep him out of the hall of fame.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:16 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Generally hate farewell tours, but reactions like this are going to make it awesome. That and the morons that will scream about 12-year old leaked inaccurate PED trial tests before PEDs were banned in the futile hope they can keep him out of the hall of fame.

Does he even have the numbers to get in there?
Serious question.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:17 am

If he hits 25+ HRs this year, will he still walk away? Maybe he's in more pain day-to-day than I realize.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:22 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Does he even have the numbers to get in there?
Serious question.

Yes.

His regular season numbers have him on the fringe. His post-season numbers put him over the top. .962 OPS in 357 plate appearances.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:39 am

The only thing working against him (ignoring the nonsense leaked by the NYT) is the DH thing, and frankly, that's should be a non-factor at this point in the history game. DH is part of the package. Pitchers don't really field and they suck at hitting or don't do it at all, but only performing in one phase doesn't keep them out of the hall.

His offensive stats are a no-brainer, guy hit 30 again this year. When you add the fact that he was the most feared post season bat of the past 20 years, its not close.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:41 am

Let's put it this way, he has FAR better #s than Yaz and far more consistency than Rice.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The only thing working against him (ignoring the nonsense leaked by the NYT) is the DH thing, and frankly, that's should be a non-factor at this point in the history game. DH is part of the package. Pitchers don't really field and they suck at hitting or don't do it at all, but only performing in one phase doesn't keep them out of the hall.

His offensive stats are a no-brainer, guy hit 30 again this year. When you add the fact that he was the most feared post season bat of the past 20 years, its not close.

His offensive stats are a notch below the average for first baseman in the HOF. But he got to the magic number for homers, so that should inch him over the line.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby h2o on Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Generally hate farewell tours, but reactions like this are going to make it awesome.

ENJOY!
h2o
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Shea Field