Red Sox Weirdos

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Red Sox Weirdos

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:12 am

Hopefully we can capture that same magic from the Bruins Weirdos thread. :koolaid
Image
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8486
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1611

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:48 am

I hope the Sox can avoid arbitration with Kessel.

And does this mean Beckett and Youkilis will miss time and Beltre will bust his other nut?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5095
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 612

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:24 am

BUMP

I knew I started a Red Sox Weirdos thread at some point.

Happy trails, Wakefield and Varitek. I'm relieved they finally stepped away.
Image
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8486
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1611

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:44 pm

Endless Mike wrote:BUMP

I knew I started a Red Sox Weirdos thread at some point.

Happy trails, Wakefield and Varitek. I'm relieved they finally stepped away.


More liked forced out. Only being offered minor league deals will make you step away right quick.
User avatar
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11581
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:25 pm
Location: A Chalupa Stand
Karma: 2631

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:55 pm

pick6pedro wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:BUMP

I knew I started a Red Sox Weirdos thread at some point.

Happy trails, Wakefield and Varitek. I'm relieved they finally stepped away.


More liked forced out. Only being offered minor league deals will make you step away right quick.



Well, yeah. Basically I'm just glad they're no longer holding the team hostage any more.
Image
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8486
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1611

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:38 pm

This thread is way less weird than the bruins weirdo thread.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
User avatar
bignick33
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 12825
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:31 pm
Karma: 909

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:31 pm

Also less championshipy.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5095
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 612

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:12 pm

bignick33 wrote:This thread is way less weird than the bruins weirdo thread.


Give us a chance! I'll complain about spring training cuts soon enough.
Image
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8486
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1611

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:09 am

Endless Mike wrote:
bignick33 wrote:This thread is way less weird than the bruins weirdo thread.


Give us a chance! I'll complain about spring training cuts soon enough.


No wonder he's so fat:

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/sports/r ... a-20120323
I drink whiskey instead of water.
User avatar
bignick33
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 12825
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:31 pm
Karma: 909

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:49 pm

bignick33 wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:
bignick33 wrote:This thread is way less weird than the bruins weirdo thread.


Give us a chance! I'll complain about spring training cuts soon enough.


No wonder he's so fat:

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/sports/r ... a-20120323


I thought this was going to be about Joba Chamberlain's trampoline accident.
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14712
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2895

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:51 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
bignick33 wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:
bignick33 wrote:This thread is way less weird than the bruins weirdo thread.


Give us a chance! I'll complain about spring training cuts soon enough.


No wonder he's so fat:

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/sports/r ... a-20120323


I thought this was going to be about Joba Chamberlain's trampoline accident.


TUI
I drink whiskey instead of water.
User avatar
bignick33
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 12825
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:31 pm
Karma: 909

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:11 am

Andrew Bailey hurt? Never saw that one coming
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17236
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2995

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby bignick33 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:26 pm

Aceves named closer
I drink whiskey instead of water.
User avatar
bignick33
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 12825
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:31 pm
Karma: 909

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:34 pm

bignick33 wrote:Aceves named closer


Well, that blows. Oh well.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30070
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2396

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:58 am

bignick33 wrote:Aceves named closer


I was surprised by that. I would have thought Melancon would get the call first since he closed last year. They still want to keep Bard in the rotation. I guess that means Vicente Padilla will fill Aceves' role from last year as the long reliever/emergency starter.
Image
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8486
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1611

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:06 am

Endless Mike wrote:
bignick33 wrote:Aceves named closer


I was surprised by that. I would have thought Melancon would get the call first since he closed last year. They still want to keep Bard in the rotation. I guess that means Vicente Padilla will fill Aceves' role from last year as the long reliever/emergency starter.


Tony Mazz has been campaigning to try Padilla at closer, because it would keep everyone else's role the same. He must have been fucking with us.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
User avatar
bignick33
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 12825
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:31 pm
Karma: 909

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:14 am

bignick33 wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:
bignick33 wrote:Aceves named closer


I was surprised by that. I would have thought Melancon would get the call first since he closed last year. They still want to keep Bard in the rotation. I guess that means Vicente Padilla will fill Aceves' role from last year as the long reliever/emergency starter.


Tony Mazz has been campaigning to try Padilla at closer, because it would keep everyone else's role the same. He must have been fucking with us.


Tony Mazz is a complete idiot.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30070
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2396

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:42 am

Didn't Padilla briefly close for an NL team? I'm drawing a blank.
Image
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8486
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1611

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:51 am

Endless Mike wrote:Didn't Padilla briefly close for an NL team? I'm drawing a blank.


Now I remember. He saved 3 games as part of the Dodgers' committee when Broxton lost the job.
Image
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8486
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1611

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:53 am

Endless Mike wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:Didn't Padilla briefly close for an NL team? I'm drawing a blank.


Now I remember. He saved 3 games as part of the Dodgers' committee when Broxton lost the job.


Was this a self fag-tag?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
User avatar
bignick33
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 12825
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:31 pm
Karma: 909

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:56 am

bignick33 wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:Didn't Padilla briefly close for an NL team? I'm drawing a blank.


Now I remember. He saved 3 games as part of the Dodgers' committee when Broxton lost the job.


Was this a self fag-tag?


Not sure. I wanted to get the answer as soon as possible so if anyone else answered I could ask them to kindly check the timestamp.
Image
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8486
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1611

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:57 am

Endless Mike wrote:Didn't Padilla briefly close for an NL team? I'm drawing a blank.


He saved 3 games as part of the Dodgers' committee when Broxton lost the job.
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14712
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2895

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:57 am

Endless Mike wrote:
bignick33 wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:Didn't Padilla briefly close for an NL team? I'm drawing a blank.


Now I remember. He saved 3 games as part of the Dodgers' committee when Broxton lost the job.


Was this a self fag-tag?


Not sure. I wanted to get the answer as soon as possible so if anyone else answered I could ask them to kindly check the timestamp.


What's a fag-tag?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
User avatar
bignick33
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 12825
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:31 pm
Karma: 909

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:10 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:Didn't Padilla briefly close for an NL team? I'm drawing a blank.


He saved 3 games as part of the Dodgers' committee when Broxton lost the job.



CHECK THE TIMESTAMP!!
Image
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8486
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1611

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:11 pm

Endless Mike wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:Didn't Padilla briefly close for an NL team? I'm drawing a blank.


He saved 3 games as part of the Dodgers' committee when Broxton lost the job.



CHECK THE TIMESTAMP!!


that wasn't so kind...
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14712
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2895

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:19 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:Didn't Padilla briefly close for an NL team? I'm drawing a blank.


He saved 3 games as part of the Dodgers' committee when Broxton lost the job.



CHECK THE TIMESTAMP!!


that wasn't so kind...



Check the timestamp, sir. :tophat
Image
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8486
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1611

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:00 pm

I like this Sweeney guy.
Image
User avatar
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 6639
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:14 pm
Karma: 1165

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:41 pm

I don't. I hope he is keeping RF warm for Ross, when Crawford returns. Sweeney is a poor man's JD Drew, without the walks. And that's really poor.

Sox bullpen is a problem. Without Bailey, they go from a 95-98 win playoff team to a 87-90 win third place team.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30070
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2396

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:10 pm

I'm sorry but in no universe is Andrew Bailey, or any reliever for that matter, worth 5-11 wins. Hell, there aren't even a ton of players who have that value.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5095
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 612

Re: Red Sox Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:26 pm

flyingelvii wrote:I'm sorry but in no universe is Andrew Bailey, or any reliever for that matter, worth 5-11 wins. Hell, there aren't even a ton of players who have that value.


Yeah, I know there's a stat for that. Frankly don't give a shit.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30070
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2396

Next

Return to Shea Field

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Untitled document
cron