Baseball Stadium in limbo

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Baseball Stadium in limbo

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:54 am

because some Allston/Brighton residents want to study urban wildlife like rats, racoons, squirrels and possums.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/allston/news ... nd-dispute
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Re: Baseball Stadium in limbo

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:57 am

Then tell me woman, where is the baseball team supposed to play. You know, the team they are building the stadium for?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:06 am

Seeing that article posted again makes me sad. Not because it is so stupid, but because they deleted a comment made by Lanie. It had to do with Stuart Little and Jonathan Lipnicki. It was old school Lanie. SHOW US THE CHAT LOGS YOU COWARDS!!!
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:29 am

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:32 am

i thought we had won all the legal challenges necessary to start the master plan...?!? :?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:35 am

hansen {l Wrote}:i thought we had won all the legal challenges necessary to start the master plan...?!? :?

As I understood it I thought we did too, but I wasn't surprised that the A/B residents sued the school which I think is what happened.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:39 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:i thought we had won all the legal challenges necessary to start the master plan...?!? :?

As I understood it I thought we did too, but I wasn't surprised that the A/B residents sued the school which I think is what happened.

if only BC had a lot of lawyers at their disposal... :lol: :lol: :lol:

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:39 am

a/b resident must be Mr. 3% himself, Alex Selvig.

Buggvillage
4 days ago
It is good to see a/b-resident is back. The people spoke when they did not elect you as their Councilor.

johnt
3 days ago
Buggvillage is right. The last City council election gave the people a chance to vote in a person to stop BC. We voted to develop the Brighton campus.

FAXCIAL!!!
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:53 am

Baseball thread??? Hello?
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:54 am

Please move this thread to the baseball board that I cannot access or to the Brighton Lunatic Board.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:58 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Seeing that article posted again makes me sad. Not because it is so stupid, but because they deleted a comment made by Lanie. It had to do with Stuart Little and Jonathan Lipnicki. It was old school Lanie. SHOW US THE CHAT LOGS YOU COWARDS!!!

Fucking COWARDS! :boxer
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Baltimore Eagle on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:01 am

Classic post. If someone here is responsible then well done from the name to the suggestions contained therein.

Nick Papagiorgio
3 hours ago
Report Abuse
Report Abuse
You must be logged in to report abuse.
Is this article a joke? Squirrels? BC bought the land, they should do what they want with it. If you guys wanted that land to stay as open green space, you could have paid for it with all of the money you have saved up from the lucrative hippie blogs and amateur rowing championships you have won.

Best solution? Move to Vermont and be a hippie in the woods up there. Sell the property to BC so they can further expand (they need the land and will probably pay top dollar for it!). BC gets what they want. You guys get peace and quiet and can blog about those pesky owls and how they keep you up at night. Just a quick idea, if you do move, don't move a quarter of a mile away from a university that is looking for land expansion. Wouldn't make much sense, would it?
Baltimore Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:54 am

Baltimore Eagle {l Wrote}:Classic post. If someone here is responsible then well done from the name to the suggestions contained therein.

Nick Papagiorgio
3 hours ago
Report Abuse
Report Abuse
Is this article a joke? Squirrels? BC bought the land, they should do what they want with it. If you guys wanted that land to stay as open green space, you could have paid for it with all of the money you have saved up from the lucrative hippie blogs and amateur rowing championships you have won.

Best solution? Move to Vermont and be a hippie in the woods up there. Sell the property to BC so they can further expand (they need the land and will probably pay top dollar for it!). BC gets what they want. You guys get peace and quiet and can blog about those pesky owls and how they keep you up at night. Just a quick idea, if you do move, don't move a quarter of a mile away from a university that is looking for land expansion. Wouldn't make much sense, would it?

Nick Papagiorgio is a member of Pinhead nation, not sure which number he is though. A while back they all got banned from USCHO and about two years ago they resurfaced as Nick Papagiorgio and Carmine Scarpaglia.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:01 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Baltimore Eagle {l Wrote}:Classic post. If someone here is responsible then well done from the name to the suggestions contained therein.

Nick Papagiorgio
3 hours ago
Report Abuse
Report Abuse

Nick Papagiorgio is a member of Pinhead nation, not sure which number he is though. A while back they all got banned from USCHO and about two years ago they resurfaced as Nick Papagiorgio and Carmine Scarpaglia.

Speaking of which, how funny would it be to see a :slapfight between the Logitano Army and the Pinhead Nation? Loggy and company clearly have greater numbers and intelligence, but the Pinheads would undoubtedly possess hockey sticks which would double as weapons. It's too bad that their paths have never really crossed, so far as I know.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:05 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}: It's too bad that their paths have never really crossed, so far as I know.

that's the point of the glory hole, nick. all action is supposed to be anonymous

Exalt, despite the obvious fact that posting on the Internet is itself anonymous (unless you're named Vinny).
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:02 pm

This crap has got to stop. BC has been in the Newton/Brighton area since God knows how long. Therefore, all residents that live there have CHOSEN to live there knowing that BC exists with all of its local benefits/costs. So, they should all STFU. I don't live near LAX. Why? Because I don't want jets flying over my house and the noise, congestion etc. If residents don't want the students, parties, traffic, tailgating etc. then move the fuck to Lynnfield or some other suburban location that has equally nice houses. :81 :81
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:13 pm

BU gets a lax field, but BC still hasn't built the baseball stadium almost a decade into our ACC membership :mickeymouse

http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/all ... News_links
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:31 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:BU gets a lax field, but BC still hasn't built the baseball stadium almost a decade into our ACC membership :mickeymouse

what is holding the stadium up?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:47 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:BU gets a lax field, but BC still hasn't built the baseball stadium almost a decade into our ACC membership :mickeymouse

what is holding the stadium up?

3AM neighborhood novellas?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Return to Shea Field