BC Baseball Stadium

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

BC Baseball Stadium

Postby bignick33 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:23 pm

BC should build their baseball stadium like Union City, Nj built their football stadium. It's actually an ingenious use of space in an overpopulated city to have the field on top of the high school.

We could even build the retractable dome on top of the baseball stadium or vice versa, to appease 74.

I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Re: BC Baseball Stadium

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:41 pm

I mean that is the layout style.

A re-tractable dome hinged on one end so it can be opened for the outfield and cover the entire field like a rectangle with a huge diamond at one end.

Just think if the Red Sox and BC hooked up with the St. John's land and trolley stop?

The Red Sox being renters.

Go look at BC's baseball schedule. first 20 games on the road?

One reason why we did not hit the top 40 poll.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:55 pm

FACTS AND FIGURES FROM MAY 30

• Both teams received a standing ovation at the conclusion of the game.
• Texas had to reset the scoreboard twice to post the score by inning.
• It was 96 degrees at first pitch at 6:02 p.m. - The game finished at 78 degrees at 1:05 a.m.
• Texas introduced the 21st inning stretch.
• Both teams used all of their position players.
• There were 683 pitches thrown in the game.
• Texas stranded 24 men on base.
• Belfiore, Hamlet and Andrew Lawrence each played three positions.
• Texas had three runs on 20 hits.
• Kowalski recorded his first-career at-bat.
• There were 11 walks in the game compared to 42 strikeouts.
• The 10 p.m. ET game at UC Irvine game started and finished before BC-Texas finished.
• The 25-inning game was the longest game in NCAA baseball history. The previous longest game was a 23-inning game played between Louisiana-Lafayette and McNeese State on March 27, 1971. ULL won the game 6-5.
• The game also marked the longest NCAA postseason game in history. The previous longest game was a 19-inning contest between Clemson and Fordham at the NCAA Northeast Regional in New Britain, Conn. on May 26, 1988.
• Texas and Boston College combined to set NCAA records with 42 strikeouts, 222 total chances, 69 assists, 192 plate appearances and 171 at-bats.
• Texas' 91 at-bats, 103 plate appearances, 115 total chances and 75 putouts set new NCAA records.
• Travis Tucker and Michael Torres set the NCAA single-game record for at-bats with 12.
• Preston Clark's 33 putouts against BC set a new NCAA record for most single-game putouts.

Facts and Figures you did not know:

• No one would stand and cheer when I asked for a B to spell out Boston College, 11:30 PM.

• 12:15 AM, My daughter snared $20 from my wallet and after BC, the home team, had a runner on third with less than 2 outs for the 4th time and failed to score or even make any kind of blub contact, she said,

"Dad, BC sucks!", and went and bought a white Longhorn's hat and humiliated her father and I was laughed at by at least 100 fans!"

• They closed the consession stands at 10 PM and reopened them at midnight and still had nothing left to sell? WTF?

• My wife started busting my balls at the 11th inning.--- (one more inning and this is over honey, tops!) ---It lasted until....yup, until last week..she zinged me ."Even your hockey team could make contact to score one fucking run, what a bunch of losers!"

• Walking out, "Hey BC idiot, is this the reason you don't wanna come down and play us in football every year?" They gave me a GDFaxial, not knowing how much I despise the greaseball, and how close they came to death if I had a gun!"

My underwear elastic left marks on my ass for 2 weeks, or just like OJ and Salzano get their 74 butts signed after they bend over for anyone!

Enjoy!
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby h2o on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:49 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:BC should build their baseball stadium like Union City, Nj built their football stadium. It's actually an ingenious use of space in an overpopulated city to have the field on top of the high school.

I think Northeastern considered doing this a number of years ago when they expanded their campus with some new buildings. I remember seeing an article in the local papers about it back then. That was like 25 years ago.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:58 pm

I believe this belongs on the baseball board since it looks like they could repaint the field for baseball.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:23 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:I believe this belongs on the baseball board since it looks like they could repaint the field for baseball.

Don't get me going.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Return to Shea Field