HOT STOVE LEAGUE 3! PREDICTIONS HERE! YANKS GET VASQUEZ!

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

HOT STOVE LEAGUE 3! PREDICTIONS HERE! YANKS GET VASQUEZ!

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:23 pm

I like Matt Capps aged 26 and the nice article on him in EPSN--lots fo saves for lowly Pittsburgh.

Either Damon wises up and takes $8M a year for 2 years, or NY should make a push for Holliday 29.--Bay the backup at 31.

Red Sox made a super move for the Kooba Kid Chapman, so maybe Yankees who let the Wang go limp, will go after Pinero 31.

Those are the 3 I would target if I was a Yankee GM.

Add your Christmas Wish list and predictions!
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: HOT STOVE LEAGUE 3! YOUR PREDICTIONS HERE!

Postby buconvict on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:39 pm

Mike Cameron will platoon with Jeremy Hermida in left next year. 2/12

Aroldis Chapman signs a surprisingly small deal with the Red Sox.

Clay Buchholz and prospects will be traded to the Padres for Adrian Gonzalez, Youkilis moves to third. The Mike Lowell trade falls through, he gets thumb surgery and sits on the 60 day until June, when he is DFA'd and signs with the Cardinals, where he hits 20 home runs. In response to Lowell's pouting, the Red Sox wisely sign Garret Atkins for bench depth.

Ben Sheets and Eric Bedard sign with the Red Sox on similar contracts as Penny and Smoltz. Unsurprisingly, neither contributes, but Johnny Burger King gets excited because they were good 5 years ago.

Jason Bay signs with the Mariners. Red Sox fans simultaneously complain that the Red Sox are cheaping out, but that Bay was never that good to begin with.

Matsui is an Angel, Damon is a Giant, Piniero is a Cub. The Pirates sign former all-stars Randy Winn, Chan Ho Park, and Justin Duchscherer, but fool no one.

and finally...

The Yankees, seeing teams like Boston and Seattle fill their outfield needs, will steal Matt Holiday for a pretty low contract given his skill set and agent. 6/110. Fans from Red Sox and Yankees fans are happy with their teams. The Yankees win 3-2 on opening day, Red Sox fans panic, demand Theo be fired because he let Bay go and the team can't score runs. eepstein chimes in and says that the Red Sox will trade for Hanley Ramirez, Ryan Howard, and Joe Mauer at the deadline and not to worry. I tell Teddy that walks are good. He tells me that walks are bad since they don't fly over the fence, only create run scoring opportunities. We bicker and laugh.

The end.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:06 pm

I wouldn't mind the Sox grabbing Matsui for a year in left. If the Lowell trade goes through then I'd keep Bucholtz and maybe pickup a Nick Johnson for first thus moving Youk to third. This would be the lineup:

1)Jacoby-CF
2)Petey-2nd
3)Ortiz-DH
4)Youk-3rd
5)Vmart-C
6)Matsui-LF
7)Johnson-1st
8)Drew-RF
9)Scoot-SS
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:13 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:Mike Cameron will platoon with Jeremy Hermida in left next year. 2/12

Aroldis Chapman signs a surprisingly small deal with the Red Sox.

Clay Buchholz and prospects will be traded to the Padres for Adrian Gonzalez, Youkilis moves to third. The Mike Lowell trade falls through, he gets thumb surgery and sits on the 60 day until June, when he is DFA'd and signs with the Cardinals, where he hits 20 home runs. In response to Lowell's pouting, the Red Sox wisely sign Garret Atkins for bench depth.

Ben Sheets and Eric Bedard sign with the Red Sox on similar contracts as Penny and Smoltz. Unsurprisingly, neither contributes, but Johnny Burger King gets excited because they were good 5 years ago.

Jason Bay signs with the Mariners. Red Sox fans simultaneously complain that the Red Sox are cheaping out, but that Bay was never that good to begin with.

Matsui is an Angel, Damon is a Giant, Piniero is a Cub. The Pirates sign former all-stars Randy Winn, Chan Ho Park, and Justin Duchscherer, but fool no one.

and finally...

The Yankees, seeing teams like Boston and Seattle fill their outfield needs, will steal Matt Holiday for a pretty low contract given his skill set and agent. 6/110. Fans from Red Sox and Yankees fans are happy with their teams. The Yankees win 3-2 on opening day, Red Sox fans panic, demand Theo be fired because he let Bay go and the team can't score runs. eepstein chimes in and says that the Red Sox will trade for Hanley Ramirez, Ryan Howard, and Joe Mauer at the deadline and not to worry. I tell Teddy that walks are good. He tells me that walks are bad since they don't fly over the fence, only create run scoring opportunities. We bicker and laugh.

The end.

You're a moron as you've showed over at the hockey board.

My analysis:

- Cameron is absolutely awful, Hermedia better pick up the slack he actually has 30 HR potential. Actually better yet, how bout we don't sign Mike Cameron
- We'll get Chapman for around 17 mil and he'll be a useful reliever this season, sort of replacing Billy Wagner
- Scutaro will hit about .230, career utiliy infielder. Last year was a fluke.
- Gonzalez would be a great move, wouldn't do it though if they demand Casey Kelly along with Clay
- If we don't get Gonzalez, Adrian Beltre would also be on the list of awful Red Sox signings.
- The Rangers will accept a lesser prospect for Lowell.
- Christ I hope we don't get Sheets or Bedard
- If the Yankees drop another 100+ mil on Holliday, we all need to start looking at a salary cap
- AJ Burnett will be injured next year (no shock there) and the Yanks pitching is going to take a nose-dive on the overall. They have no-one behind CC who is also an injury waiting to happen.

Not sure the Sox or the Yanks are going to win it this season but signing Cameron, Scutaro and Beltre will ensure the Red Sox won't win.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:14 pm

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:I wouldn't mind the Sox grabbing Matsui for a year in left. If the Lowell trade goes through then I'd keep Bucholtz and maybe pickup a Nick Johnson for first thus moving Youk to third. This would be the lineup:

1)Jacoby-CF
2)Petey-2nd
3)Ortiz-DH
4)Youk-3rd
5)Vmart-C
6)Matsui-LF
7)Johnson-1st
8)Drew-RF
9)Scoot-SS

Jesus no. Matsui is a terrible defender. If we could only combine him and Mike Cameron we could have a decent player. Johnson is a great idea, good OBP guy.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:25 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:I wouldn't mind the Sox grabbing Matsui for a year in left. If the Lowell trade goes through then I'd keep Bucholtz and maybe pickup a Nick Johnson for first thus moving Youk to third. This would be the lineup:

1)Jacoby-CF
2)Petey-2nd
3)Ortiz-DH
4)Youk-3rd
5)Vmart-C
6)Matsui-LF
7)Johnson-1st
8)Drew-RF
9)Scoot-SS

Jesus no. Matsui is a terrible defender. If we could only combine him and Mike Cameron we could have a decent player. Johnson is a great idea, good OBP guy.

Well, left field in Fenway could be the least amount of field to cover anywhere in the majors. You could stick Hermida in there on road games. While lacking a lot of power, this lineup would be good enough with the Sox pitching to do some damage. :chewbanka
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:57 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:Mike Cameron will platoon with Jeremy Hermida in left next year. 2/12

The end.

You're a moron as you've showed over at the hockey board.

My analysis:

- Cameron is absolutely awful, Hermedia better pick up the slack he actually has 30 HR potential. Actually better yet, how bout we don't sign Mike Cameron- We'll get Chapman for around 17 mil and he'll be a useful reliever this season, sort of replacing Billy Wagner
- Gonzalez would be a great move, wouldn't do it though if they demand Casey Kelly along with Clay
- If we don't get Gonzalez, Adrian Beltre would also be on the list of awful Red Sox signings.
- If the Yankees drop another 100+ mil on Holliday, we all need to start looking at a salary cap
- AJ Burnett will be injured next year (no shock there) and the Yanks pitching is going to take a nose-dive on the overall. They have no-one behind CC who is also an injury waiting to happen.

Not sure the Sox or the Yanks are going to win it this season but signing Cameron, Scutaro and Beltre will ensure the Red Sox won't win.

Great posts, you guys are good!!!!!!!

Cameron is a Bobisoxexer.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby buconvict on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:43 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:You're a moron as you've showed over at the hockey board.

My analysis:

- Cameron is absolutely awful, Hermedia better pick up the slack he actually has 30 HR potential. Actually better yet, how bout we don't sign Mike Cameron
- We'll get Chapman for around 17 mil and he'll be a useful reliever this season, sort of replacing Billy Wagner

I'm such a moron that Mike Cameron signed with the Red Sox about 4 hours after I said he would.

It's shocking how insightful and emprical your arguments are. 'Christ I hope we don't get Bedard', 'Cameron is awful', 'Scutaro was a fluke', and 'Burnett will be injured' are almost irrefutable in their logic. Bravo.

Also, learn to take a joke. Jesus.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:54 am

Herald is reporting the Yankees are reaching out to Bay.

Of course they are.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:48 am

Where are the old Kansas City Athletics that the Yankees used as a farm club in the glory years?

Bay is nice. I would like to see the Kooba Kid and/or Pinero and Capps added.

Cliff Lee may win 30 in Seattle.

Big ballpark.

Then again I said my main man Carl Pavano would win 35 last year!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:43 am

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

1)Jacoby-CF
2)Petey-2nd
3)Ortiz-DH
4)Youk-3rd
5)Vmart-C
6)Matsui-LF
7)Johnson-1st
8)Drew-RF
9)Scoot-SS

Well, left field in Fenway could be the least amount of field to cover anywhere in the majors. You could stick Hermida in there on road games. While lacking a lot of power, this lineup would be good enough with the Sox pitching to do some damage. :chewbanka

I think it Matsui signs anywhere, it'll be as a DH. I've seen him try to play LF in Fenway, and it was pretty scary.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:48 am

We have an Oriole Fane here Somewhere??

I bought football tickets from Oriole hot prospect and TCU Jake Arrieta who is tall and lean and looks like he could hit 98 on the gun.

The Cardinals are not the only team pursuing free-agent left fielder Matt Holliday.

The Orioles have jumped into the bidding, though both the seriousness of their efforts and Holliday’s desire to play in Baltimore are in question, major-league sources say.

Holliday, 29, is unlikely to go to the Orioles — a team coming off 12 straight losing seasons — unless they make him a much stronger offer than the Cardinals.

The Orioles, meanwhile, might only participate in the Holliday sweepstakes as a token gesture, an effort to demonstrate to their fans that they are trying to improve.

Still, the idea of Holliday signing with the Orioles could make sense for a number of reasons:

• Holliday would join a team on the rise.

The Orioles, deep in young talent, are becoming aggressive in free agency and trades as they seek to return to contention in the highly competitive AL East.

The team traded for right-hander Kevin Millwood during the winter meetings, then reached agreement Wednesday night on free-agent contracts for left-handed closer Mike Gonzalez and third baseman Garrett Atkins.

• The Orioles have the money.

A year ago, the O’s bid $140 million over seven years for free-agent first baseman Mark Teixeira.

Teixeira, who grew up in a Baltimore suburb, had greater value to the Orioles than Holliday. The bid, however, demonstrated that the O’s are capable of making such a move.

• The relationship between Holliday and Atkins.

The two are close friends from their days together with the Rockies.

One executive, before Atkins signed with the Orioles, speculated that the infielder might follow Holliday to the Cardinals.

That option no longer is available, and Holliday will not take less money from the Orioles simply to play with Atkins. Still, the Orioles’ signing of Atkins should only help them make a positive impression on Holliday.

• The unpredictability of Orioles owner Peter Angelos.

Angelos clearly is more willing to deal with Holliday’s agent, Scott Boras, than in the past. The bid for Teixeira was one example, the signing of Gonzalez was another. Both are represented by Boras, as is Millwood, who is under contract for only one more year.

The Orioles, under Angelos, have taken occasional plunges into free agency, signing outfielder Albert Belle to a five-year, $65 million contract after the 1998 season and shortstop Miguel Tejada to a six- year, $72 million deal after the 2003 season.

Holliday might cost twice as much as Tejada, if not more. But signing him would energize the Orioles’ beaten-down fan base.

• The increased depth could help the Orioles trade for pitching.

The Orioles already boast one of the game’s best young outfields — Nolan Reimold, Adam Jones and Nick Markakis.

Adding Holliday would give them the flexibility to make other moves.

Reimold, coming off surgery to repair a partial tear of his left Achilles tendon, will have greater trade value once he is healthy. But if the Orioles added Holliday, they could move Reimold to first base and trade outfielder Luke Scott.

The best guess, still, is that Holliday will return to the Cardinals.

The Mets, who touched base with Boras on Wednesday, are more likely to sign Jason Bay. No other suitor has publicly emerged.

The Orioles, without question, qualify as a longshot. But, at some undetermined level, they are in the game.
PRINT EMAIL RSS ADD THIS

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby LawyersGunsnMoney on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:05 am

Heard on the radio this AM that Gonzalez's agent expects him to be traded to Boston in the next 10 days :banana
LawyersGunsnMoney
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:34 am

LawyersGunsnMoney {l Wrote}:Heard on the radio this AM that Gonzalez's agent expects him to be traded to Boston in the next 10 days :banana

That would put Boston on a par with the Yankees and a deeper staff even after they send some pitchers and prospects to Rancho Mirage.

Super smart deal for Boston, or anyone and he has to be resigned by Theo before the trade or beyond 2011 since he will be a great TEX type in Fenway.

Yankees may counter with Pinero or get into the Holliday spirit??? :lame

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby LawyersGunsnMoney on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:29 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
LawyersGunsnMoney {l Wrote}:Heard on the radio this AM that Gonzalez's agent expects him to be traded to Boston in the next 10 days :banana

That would put Boston on a par with the Yankees and a deeper staff even after they send some pitchers and prospects to Rancho Mirage.

Super smart deal for Boston, or anyone and he has to be resigned by Theo before the trade or beyond 2011 since he will be a great TEX type in Fenway.

Yankees may counter with Pinero or get into the Holliday spirit??? :lame

I f it did happen this would really even up the teams. Too bad for the rest of the AL east. It must suck too be an also ran before spring training. Although if Tampa could ever sell out their horrible stadium , with the young talent they have they could be a player some years.
LawyersGunsnMoney
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:06 pm

1)Jacoby-CF
2)Petey-2nd
3)Ortiz-DH
4)Youk-3rd
5)Vmart-C
6)Matsui-LF
7)Johnson-1st
8)Drew-RF
9)Scoot-SS

The Yankees are about to steal Nick Johnson form the Bosox!

JETER --ss
GRANDERSON--cf
TEIXIERA--1b
RODRIGUEZ--3b
JOHNSON --dh
POSADA --c
CANO --2b
SWISHER --rf
CABRERA --lf

Yanks add a couple of Pitchers now or before the 2010 trading deadline or YBW--year before walk-- guys and the Bosox are dead meat.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:31 pm

Johnson if recovered could tatoo 30 dingers. Done deal.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:17 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Johnson if recovered could tatoo 30 dingers. Done deal.

Maybe in the jet stream. A big maybe. But he will get on base a ton.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:18 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Johnson if recovered could tatoo 30 dingers. Done deal.

Maybe in the jet stream. A big maybe. But he will get on base a ton.

Balls go flying out of the new stadium. I like nick Johnson. But he's always hurt. One year, low investment, so it's not a big deal, but I bet we see 90-100 games max from himthis year.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby branchinator on Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:22 pm

With the Yankees getting Johnson and the Sox adding Scutaro, these games are going to be even more unwatchable. Every game is going to take like 6 hours. Luckily, Theo signed Mike Cameron to help speed the games up.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:49 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:

JETER --ss
JOHNSON --dh
GRANDERSON--cf
TEIXIERA--1b
RODRIGUEZ--3b
POSADA --c
CANO --2b
SWISHER --rf
CABRERA --lf

Yanks add a couple of Pitchers now or before the 2010 trading deadline or YBW--year before walk-- guys and the Bosox are dead meat.

They said big lumbering Nick would bat secnd????

I like my line-up better.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby branchinator on Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:25 pm

There's absolutely NO chance Curtis Granderson bats 3rd in the Yankees' lineup next year.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby eaglesmith on Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:04 pm

I don't care if Carlos Silva is worthless, at least the Cubs got rid of Milton Bradley and gained about $6 million in the process. Even if they release Silva outright, they can use that 6 mil for a CF like Byrd. Either way, Silva won't be a cancer in the clubhouse like Bradley. (I am aware that Bradley will, for lack of a better phrase, progress to the mean this season and many idiots will say the Cubs got ripped off.)
eaglesmith
McGuinn Hall

Postby branchinator on Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:28 pm

eaglesmith {l Wrote}:I don't care if Carlos Silva is worthless, at least the Cubs got rid of Milton Bradley and gained about $6 million in the process. Even if they release Silva outright, they can use that 6 mil for a CF like Byrd. Either way, Silva won't be a cancer in the clubhouse like Bradley. (I am aware that Bradley will, for lack of a better phrase, progress to the mean this season and many idiots will say the Cubs got ripped off.)

The NL can turn even the shittiest AL pitcher into a useful player. I'm sure the Cubs will give Silva a chance in Spring Training before cutting him.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:45 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:There's absolutely NO chance Curtis Granderson bats 3rd in the Yankees' lineup next year.

I thought about that and weighed his speed versus his strikeouts.

Good point...here is Grandy batting 5th. I still would like to see the more pitching like Capps, The Kooban Chapman, Lowe (Atlanta looking to dump him and $15M, very unlikely)/Sheets, Bedard, Garland, Valverde, for a year or two, or Pinero.

JETER --ss
JOHNSON --dh
TEIXIERA--1b
RODRIGUEZ--3b
GRANDERSON--cf
POSADA --c
CANO --2b
SWISHER --rf
CABRERA --lf

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby branchinator on Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:19 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:There's absolutely NO chance Curtis Granderson bats 3rd in the Yankees' lineup next year.

I thought about that and weighed his speed versus his strikeouts.

Good point...here is Grandy batting 5th. I still would like to see the more pitching like Capps, The Kooban Chapman, Lowe (Atlanta looking to dump him and $15M, very unlikely)/Sheets, Bedard, Garland, Valverde, for a year or two, or Pinero.

JETER --ss
JOHNSON --dh
TEIXIERA--1b
RODRIGUEZ--3b
GRANDERSON--cf
POSADA --c
CANO --2b
SWISHER --rf
CABRERA --lf

If I were the Yankees, I'd put Posada #5, Cano #6, and Granderson #7. By the time pitchers get done with the top 5 hitters, all of whom are very patient, they'll be making mistakes to Cano and Granderson, two guys who are notorious aggressive swingers.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:56 pm

The MLB Channel is getting really good.

Then they said they are going to replay the entire 1960 World Series.

Since I keep track of the entire 1960 Pirate Team and pray they live long lives so I can insult them on a hourly basis, this is like a nightmare Charles Dickens Facial or the "74 Christmas Carol".

"The Ghosts of Pirates Past" coming to aggravate the living shit outta me on the birthday of the Baby Jesus.

This could be the biggest crisis of my life since I watched every games and stayed home sick.

SInce the Baseball Encyclopedia I bought every year for 20 years was discontinued, I need to update my 1961 Buc Roster on the Internet reference site and see who may have "walked the plank" in the last two years.

My Redhead says I need some type of drastic emotional rescue and help since it was 49 years ago and she thinks I have finally lost it when she heard me swearing and came in yelling at me and asking WTF is the matter!

My entire life being and goal is to outlive every member of the 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates and I have no issues. The Redhead said I need to be locked up and committed.

I told her I was commited to seeing the Pirates never win another pennant again and if they did the Yankees would be there to destroy them.

She gave me a Christmas Cookie and said too bad this isn't laced with valium. Then I evened the score "Churchill style"...too bad it isn't laced with hemlock! I figured I one-upped her, until I heard her mumble...me too!

Disgraciad.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:34 pm

There are 14 left after 49 years and I will outlive them all!!

Ok, I am good now.

Player Position Born Dead:

1 ChristopherOF December 13, 1935
2 Cimoli OF December 18, 1929
3 Face P February 20, 1928
4 Friend P November 24, 1930
5 Gibbon P April 10, 1935
6 Groat SS November 4, 1930
7 Law P March 12, 1930
8 Mazeroski 2B September 5, 1936
9 Oldis C January 5, 1928
10 Schofield SS January 7, 1935
11 Skinner OF October 3, 1931
12 Smith C December 7, 1930
13 Virdon OF June 9, 1931
14 Witt P November 9, 1933

15 Baker 3B-2B June 15, 1925 December 1, 1999
16 Burgess C February 26, 1927 September 15, 1991
17 Cheney P October 14, 1934 November 1, 2001
18 Clemente OF August 18, 1934 December 31, 1972
19 Green P September 14, 1933 October 22, 1996
20 Haddix P September 18, 1925 January 8, 1994
21 Hoak 3B February 5, 1928 October 9, 1969
22 Labine P August 6, 1926 March 2, 2007
23 Mizell P August 13, 1930 February 21, 1999
24 Nelson 1B November 18, 1924 October 31, 2006
25 Stuart 1B November 7, 1932 December 15, 2002

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:48 pm

Lowell still a Red Sox.

He came to cowtown needing ligamnet surgery and sees Number 1 hand Doctore in USA and thinks x-ray will show something else?

WTF?

If he had surgery in October, he would be healed by now and ready for spring training?

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby buconvict on Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:22 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Lowell still a Red Sox.

He came to cowtown needing ligamnet surgery and sees Number 1 hand Doctore in USA and thinks x-ray will show something else?

WTF?

If he had surgery in October, he would be healed by now and ready for spring training?

This is nothing more than Mike Lowell being a whiney jerk-off who decides to throw a temper tantrum and kill the deal. As I said in the 2nd post of this thread, he will get his surgery, complain that Theo (the guys who foolishly and generously gave him a frontloaded 3/45 contract) doesn't respect him, and sit on the 60-day until Jone, when he will be DFA'd.

F Mike Lowell. When a team tries to give another team 9 million dollars to make you go away, get the hint and leave.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Next

Return to Shea Field