Women’s Lacrosse

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Women’s Lacrosse

Postby hansen on Fri May 24, 2019 7:01 pm

BC women beat UNC in the NCAA semifinals in sudden death, 2OT 15-14. Still think lax is a dumb sport but it’s good to see these BC women be so damn good at it. :kudos

ps Jarmond was at the game and went nuts when they scored the game winning goal.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Re: Women’s Lacrosse

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri May 24, 2019 7:12 pm

It's called Sudden Victory overtime, which is embarrassing.

I actually watched it and they overcame a 6-0 deficit. Congrats to the team and hope they can close the deal on Sunday.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri May 24, 2019 9:09 pm

It’s fun to have something to watch on Memorial Day weekend. It would be awesome to see them finally win a NC! If the baseball team can win the ACC, what a weekend that would be for BC!

Go Eagles!!!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Sun May 26, 2019 7:39 am

Kenzie Kent is all over BC Athletics promotional materials. It would be awesome to see her and her teammates hoisting a NCAA trophy. Good luck ladies!
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Sun May 26, 2019 12:02 pm

These UMD baby maker are just too damn good.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun May 26, 2019 2:04 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:These UMD baby maker are just too damn good.

BC loses for the 3rd straight year in the NCAA championship game and second time to Maryland by the final score of 12-10.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 28, 2019 7:17 am

between nags lax & nags puck, the programs have a heavy pre 2001 men's hockey vibe to them
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue May 28, 2019 10:42 am

in a thread about lacrosse, it's criminal no one has even asked

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri May 28, 2021 5:48 pm

According to my daughter, who is interested in these things, BC pulled off a huge upset over #1 ranked UNC and will have the opportunity to lose its fourth straight national championship game on Monday.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun May 30, 2021 1:37 pm

On this, the only weekend of the last 12 in which I did not have to attend some travel sport, I find myself cold and miserable at our lake house surrounded by not only my progeny, but several squealing members of my daughter’s travel lacrosse team. They inform me that BC just won the national championship in women’s lacrosse. They apparently beat Syracuse who is coached by Gary Gait. I glanced at the television for a minute as the victory was being salted and celebrated. The most remarkable thing is the way time has ravaged Gary Gait. First, he looks like he ate his twin brother Paul, and second he looks like my grandfather. Time has not been kind to the greatest to play the game.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun May 30, 2021 2:58 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:On this, the only weekend of the last 12 in which I did not have to attend some travel sport, I find myself cold and miserable at our lake house surrounded by not only my progeny, but several squealing members of my daughter’s travel lacrosse team. They inform me that BC just won the national championship in women’s lacrosse. They apparently beat Syracuse who is coached by Gary Gait. I glanced at the television for a minute as the victory was being salted and celebrated. The most remarkable thing is the way time has ravaged Gary Gait. First, he looks like he ate his twin brother Paul, and second he looks like my grandfather. Time has not been kind to the greatest to play the game.

What does Jim Brown have to do with this?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sun May 30, 2021 4:40 pm

I for one am happy when BC actually wins things.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun May 30, 2021 8:33 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:On this, the only weekend of the last 12 in which I did not have to attend some travel sport, I find myself cold and miserable at our lake house surrounded by not only my progeny, but several squealing members of my daughter’s travel lacrosse team. They inform me that BC just won the national championship in women’s lacrosse. They apparently beat Syracuse who is coached by Gary Gait. I glanced at the television for a minute as the victory was being salted and celebrated. The most remarkable thing is the way time has ravaged Gary Gait. First, he looks like he ate his twin brother Paul, and second he looks like my grandfather. Time has not been kind to the greatest to play the game.

I'm pretty sure Jim Brown was a freshman attack for Cuse today.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun May 30, 2021 8:34 pm

Also Lyle Thompson is the greatest to play the game.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun May 30, 2021 8:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Danny Ainge has never seen this post.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun May 30, 2021 8:39 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

I was being serious. There was a large woman wearing 44 that crushed a few BC defenseladies.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun May 30, 2021 9:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

I was being serious. There was a large woman wearing 44 that crushed a few BC defenseladies.

I saw her. Point stands.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun May 30, 2021 9:48 pm

Strawman.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon May 31, 2021 9:23 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Also Lyle Thompson is the greatest to play the game.

If by best ever, you mean half the player Gary Gait was, then I agree. He’d have been the fourth or fifth best player on the Syracuse teams that Gait lead to three straight titles behind the Gaits, Zulberti, Marachek and arguably Byrnes.

But don’t feel bad for Lyle. He has a job lined up as a greeter at Turning Stone, which is a big step up over being the women’s lacrosse coach at Syracuse.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 31, 2021 10:23 pm

The Gaits aren't even the best Syracuse lacrosse grads. Mike Powell sends his regards.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:09 am

Mike Powell isn’t even the best Powell to attend Syracuse and is the third or fourth best player to wear #22.

On the res, they’ll tell you that Lyle did all the talking, but Miles did all the working, and Miles knows they are the homeless man’s indigenous Gait Brothers.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:49 pm

So, apparently losing to BC gets you a promotion. Gary Gait is now the head coach of the Syracuse Men’s team. It will be nice when BC starts its men’s program any day now and has a nice built in rivalry. It’s going to be awesome!
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:56 pm

I remember when Cuse was relevant in men's lacrosse. Good times.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:56 pm

Maybe he can get an assistant gig at Hopkins next.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Fri May 20, 2022 4:21 pm

In the final 4 yet again. Taking on Maryland on Friday May 27.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat May 21, 2022 10:07 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:In the final 4 yet again. Taking on Maryland on Friday May 27.

What is amazing is the fact that they are doing this without an athletic director. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun May 29, 2022 10:31 am

will go for back to back against unc in 30 min on espn
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John