World's biggest Yankee fan missing all of this

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

World's biggest Yankee fan missing all of this

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:01 pm

I am not a Yankee fan, but as a animal lover and fan of human interest stories, I wish Travis the Chimp was bathing in his hot tub now, drinking wine and eating steak while his beloved Yankees were closing it out. RIP Travis. F the Stamford Police.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Re: World's biggest Yankee fan missing all of this

Postby talon on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:05 pm

"The Red Sox are built for the postseason. The Yankees are not." - some guy here
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:16 pm

Our entire offense fell asleep at the exact same time. It's one year. This decade:

Red Sox 2
Yankees 1

Once we get Felix Hernandez/Adrian Gonzalez and re-sign Bay or sign Holliday this off-season to partner with Beckett and Lester, it's going to be lights out next year.

talon {l Wrote}:"The Red Sox are built for the postseason. The Yankees are not." - some guy here
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:23 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Our entire offense fell asleep at the exact same time. It's one year. This decade:

Red Sox 2
Yankees 1

Once we get Felix Hernandez/Adrian Gonzalez and re-sign Bay or sign Holliday this off-season to partner with Beckett and Lester, it's going to be lights out next year.

talon {l Wrote}:"The Red Sox are built for the postseason. The Yankees are not." - some guy here

It's 9 outs away from being tied for the decade, and this is your best decade in 80 years.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:29 pm

Since when has Chan Ho become a serviceable MLB pitcher?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:38 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Since when has Chan Ho become a serviceable MLB pitcher?

Since he grew the beard. He looks like he could be the son of Mr. Wu. He feeds cocksuckers to the pigs.

Also, he moved back to the NL.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:52 pm

That check swing was the closest thing to a strike the entire AB.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:20 pm

Eff Travis. That lady was being a good neighbor and he bit off her face.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby eaglesmith on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:34 pm

[quote="eepstein0"]Our entire offense fell asleep at the exact same time. It's one year. This decade:

Red Sox 2
Yankees 1

Until the Yankees trade for Halladay. Or get Holliday themselves. Or trade for Carl Crawford.
eaglesmith
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:21 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Our entire offense fell asleep at the exact same time. It's one year. This decade:

Red Sox 2
Yankees 1

It's 9 outs away from being tied for the decade, and this is your best decade in 80 years.

This argument is retarded. Nobody gives a flying fuck about the past 80 years. I do give a flying fuck about the past 10 years as those are still extremely relevant. And playing the "What if" game opens the flood gates. The Red Sox are 6 outs, a competent manager, and four games from having 3. Or a Carl Crawford line drive that doesn't hit Matt Clement off his head and ruin his season and decimate the Sox rotation in '05 from another one. Fuck, if Beckett doesn't hurt his back there's no way the Sox bats lay down against Hamels. Add that to the tally. Now I'm just being facetious here but you get the point.

Oh, and if we're playing the history game, the Red Sox are 2 for their last 3 decades. So that's nice. But again, nobody cares about the 80s or 90s right now. Unless you're talking to a Yankee fan.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby auggiebc on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:44 am

I'm not sure how the Phillies won 2 games in this series. Actually, I'm not sure how the Phillies even made the world series. They have one pitcher on their entire roster who is decent (bullpen included). When you have to run out Pedro as your #2 starter, what business do you have being in the effing world series? Goes to show how weak the national league is. Kansas City has much better pitching than the Phillies.

The World Series should be AL vs AL. Let the NL teams play in some time of losers bracket for a 3rd place trophy.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:45 am

auggiebc {l Wrote}:I'm not sure how the Phillies won 2 games in this series. Actually, I'm not sure how the Phillies even made the world series. They have one pitcher on their entire roster who is decent (bullpen included). When you have to run out Pedro as your #2 starter, what business do you have being in the effing world series? Goes to show how weak the national league is. Kansas City has much better pitching than the Phillies.

The World Series should be AL vs AL. Let the NL teams play in some time of losers bracket for a 3rd place trophy.

Did you watch game 2?
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby auggiebc on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:50 am

yeah, watched game 2.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:16 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Red Sox 2
Yankees 1

Stretching anyone? It's mathematically more accurate to say the Yankees have had half the amount of success the Red Sox have with 50 some odd percent more money spent in an attempt to achieve success. CSOM says that = FAIL.

BCEagle74 was right, this win makes them the Team of the Decade.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:49 am

My comment mocked Claver's upsurd comment. It also mocked 74's upsurd post. Other than that, the Yankees and Red Sox are both good teams with a good rivalry and the Yankees were the best team in baseball this year.

Fucking cocksucking pussies bought a championship. I fucking hate New Yorkers - bunch of jizzmoppers!
Last edited by RegalBCeagle on Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:52 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Red Sox 2
Yankees 1

Stretching anyone? It's mathematically more accurate to say the Yankees have had half the amount of success the Red Sox have with 50 some odd percent more money spent in an attempt to achieve success. CSOM says that = FAIL.

BCEagle74 was right, this win makes them the Team of the Decade.

this post is funny to me. it represents that the red sox fans have become the "yankess fans" and the yankees fans have become the "red sox fans"

i wish there was a picture somewhere that could reflect that these two groups are so alike, they are actually in love

Are you thinking about this picture?

No, no. That can't be it. Maybe you're thinking about this one.

GTFOMAM!!!!!!!!
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby branchinator on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:53 am

The Yankees' title was directly related to them buying the top 2 pitchers and top hitter in last year's FA market for about half a billion dollars. Very little strategy went into this title as opposed to the ones a decade ago. With that said, they weren't an unstoppable force and could have been beaten if a team played well. Philly lost this series when they blew that 3-0 lead in Game 3.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:03 am

auggiebc {l Wrote}:I'm not sure how the Phillies won 2 games in this series. Actually, I'm not sure how the Phillies even made the world series. They have one pitcher on their entire roster who is decent (bullpen included). When you have to run out Pedro as your #2 starter, what business do you have being in the effing world series? Goes to show how weak the national league is. Kansas City has much better pitching than the Phillies.

Umm . . . pretty much that same Phillies crew won it all last year. As I recall, thay had to beat an AL team (which itself had beaten some pretty good AL teams to get to the World Series) to do so. The Yanks had a good series this year, and capitalized on their opponents' mistakes. The Phillies could not get key hits when they needed them, and their pitching faltered at the worst possible time. But your overgeneralizations don't pan out.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:07 am

Yankees were much, much better than the Phillies, other than that you can suck my Japanese imprisoned balls. The AL teams which spend under 150MM would have lost more than 2 games.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby branchinator on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:21 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:

Umm . . . pretty much that same Phillies crew won it all last year. As I recall, thay had to beat an AL team (which itself had beaten some pretty good AL teams to get to the World Series) to do so. The Yanks had a good series this year, and capitalized on their opponents' mistakes. The Phillies could not get key hits when they needed them, and their pitching faltered at the worst possible time. But your overgeneralizations don't pan out.

The Phillies' pitching faltered at the worst possible time? Other than Cliff Lee, the Phillies have no pitching. The rest of the guys didn't "falter". They pitched exactly like they normally did.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:26 am

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Pre1321 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:39 am

This thread gives me so much pleasure. It wouldn't be a Yankees World Series victory without the whining of the insufferable Red Sox fan base and the desperate search for some sort of silver lining in all of this.

There is none.

Yankees hoisted the trophy last night, and all your arguments about team of the decade are moot in the face of Jeter with trophy in hand.

In the past ten years, Yankees have 45 more regular season wins, 14 more postseason wins, 2 more playoff series wins, and 2 World Series. That speaks for itself in the team of the decade argument.
Pre1321
n00b

Postby auggiebc on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:44 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Yankees were much, much better than the Phillies, other than that you can suck my Japanese imprisoned balls. The AL teams which spend under 150MM would have lost more than 2 games.

don't be so defensive. I'm merely pointing out the fact that the Phillies have a worse pitching staff than the Kansas City Royals. Kudos to them for making the world series....but they never had a chance to win it considering they have one starter and zero relievers.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby branchinator on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:01 am

Pre1321 {l Wrote}:This thread gives me so much pleasure. It wouldn't be a Yankees World Series victory without the whining of the insufferable Red Sox fan base and the desperate search for some sort of silver lining in all of this.

There is none.

Yankees hoisted the trophy last night, and all your arguments about team of the decade are moot in the face of Jeter with trophy in hand.

In the past ten years, Yankees have 45 more regular season wins, 14 more postseason wins, 2 more playoff series wins, and 2 World Series. That speaks for itself in the team of the decade argument.

Team of the Decade? Seriously, who cares?
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BigPete on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:19 am

Nothing so sweet as the tears of a bunch of gay ass Scott Tenormans as the Yankees win another ring.

Show a scintilla of class and tip your caps as Pedro does when the Yankees inevitably beat him.

These sour grapes make for sweet wine.

While you surly bitches were crying about how the Sawx are the better team or organization, I was drunkenly singing Sinatra out on River. I have laryngitis today from screaming with joy at our World Series victory, you have sore wittle thwoats from the Maalox moments of being second best as you generally are (or in this instance, 7th or 8th best).

Show some class and STFU.

Also, nice to hijack a thread about a true hero. RIP Travis the Chimp, the greedy family of this eyelidless baby maker should STFU. Give Travis his bath and his champagne and steak or face the motherfucking consequences. Too soon Travis. big up to whoever found that video tribute.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:28 am

auggiebc {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

don't be so defensive. I'm merely pointing out the fact that the Phillies have a worse pitching staff than the Kansas City Royals. Kudos to them for making the world series....but they never had a chance to win it considering they have one starter and zero relievers.

To be fair, they have a very capable starter in Happ, but Cholly didn't feel the need to throw another lefty against the Yankees. And while Martinez was spent yesterday, he certainly pitched well in game 2, but Manuel pulled a Grady Little and left him in to face Godzilla.

Utley was fantastic, but he was alone. Howard laid a huge egg all series except for an A-rodian (circa 2005-2008 playoffs) HR last night. Werth had one good game. Victorino was useless. Rollins didn't back up any of his weak smack.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby joemack13 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:32 am

I'm so glad the red sox don't have one of the highest payrolls in baseball. The Yankees are evil because they spend money :violin
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:49 am

auggiebc {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

haha, sorry. I don't agree with you, but mostly i just wanted to say "suck my Japanese imprisoned balls"
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby branchinator on Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:11 pm

I'm thinking that Mariano Rivera's agent has left a lot of money on the table over the past decade. The guy sure makes a hefty sum but if he asked for $20 million / year, would the Yankees say no? I doubt it.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:28 pm

BigPete {l Wrote}:RIP Travis the Chimp, the greedy family of this eyelidless baby maker should STFU. Give Travis his bath and his champagne and steak or face the motherfucking consequences. Too soon Travis. big up to whoever found that video tribute.

She lost more than her eyelids. All for living nextdoor to a creepy old lady and her psycho chimp.

Travis had the life and he blew it. Eating steak, lobster, and sipping wine in bed, all while wearing a diaper like a gangsta. Livin the dream. All he had to do was bang a sad old lady now and then. But he had to go and ruin it by biting a nice lady's face off.

Eff Travis. Clyde was a real ape. Clyde would dig Travis up and ride the pony, while sticking his tongue out and flipping the bird. Up with Clyde, down with Travis.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Next

Return to Shea Field