OT: US Men's National Team

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

OT: US Men's National Team

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:50 pm

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: OT: US Men's National Team

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Guess Alejandro hated her nativist comment from some time ago...and kept that bullet in the chamber.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:20 pm

Awesome. For the record, isn't Bedoya from the overseas locale of New Jersey?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Awesome. For the record, isn't Bedoya from the overseas locale of New Jersey?

i'd assume that he'd be referring to fellow teammates on the men's team who had american servicemen dads serving/living in europe and german/euro moms, of which there are a few.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:18 pm

Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:39 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Awesome. For the record, isn't Bedoya from the overseas locale of New Jersey?

i'd assume that he'd be referring to fellow teammates on the men's team who had american servicemen dads serving/living in europe and german/euro moms, of which there are a few.

The irony is that last year's World Cup team was the first in US history that didn't contain a single player who wasn't a US citizen from birth.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:25 pm

Huh? First two guys I thought of reading that, Tim Howard and Clint Dempsey, were born in NJ and Texas. Bedoya, born in NJ. I'm now tired of going through the old men's team roster to see where they were born.
I'd love to see the women's team vs. the men's team, it'd be a good game. The women's team is tougher.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:42 pm

He said that they were all citizens from birth, not that they were all not born here.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:20 pm

It's that ability to quickly misread someones comment and then attack them that makes the internet so powerful
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:48 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Huh? First two guys I thought of reading that, Tim Howard and Clint Dempsey, were born in NJ and Texas. Bedoya, born in NJ. I'm now tired of going through the old men's team roster to see where they were born.

Every player on the 2014 WC roster was either born in the US or had at least one American parent. Every previous US World Cup roster contained at least one naturalized citizen. Thus making the "US team is full of foreigners/immigrants" derp from people like Wambach and Nancy Pelosi particularly ironic in its stupidity.

I'd love to see the women's team vs. the men's team, it'd be a good game. The women's team is tougher.

Are you serious?? The women's team just lost a scrimmage 8-2 to the U-17 boys' team (no word if Farrell was there). The Guatemala team that the US lost to 2-0 on the road before smoking them in Columbus would put up at least 20 (not exaggerating, scores that high are not unheard of in lopsided World Cup qualifying games between 2 men's teams) on the US women's team.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:23 pm

I do hope that Wambach would show up at Ramstein AFB and have a black US Serviceman and his mixed race kid say, "Fuck off"
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:25 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:I do hope that Wambach would show up at Ramstein AFB and have a black US Serviceman and his mixed race kid say, "Fuck off"

Seriously. She sucks
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Return to Shea Field