BC Baseball 2016

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC Baseball 2016

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:24 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Just saw the replay of the grandslam, what a piece of trash. Was there ill will between the teams prior to this?
I didn't realize that we were picked to finish last in the ACC; what a great season!

Someone should have put him in the hospital with a fastball after that bat flip. Good for BC

This.

I guess they have better restraint than I, but I'm shocked no one got one in the ear hole
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:28 am

i will be vocally rooting against those assholes from coral gables through their hopefully only 2 games in omaha.

sucks they are the highest ranked national team still in play.

assholes
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:39 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i will be vocally rooting against those assholes from coral gables through their hopefully only 2 games in omaha.

sucks they are the highest ranked national team still in play.

assholes

I'm all about having fun in baseball, but not when you show up the other team.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:55 am

Bat flip didn't bother me much, pitch better. Also wouldn't have bothered me if he drilled him, although the whole idea of drilling guys for celebrating is dumb.

The nonsense coming down the third base line was idiotic, and deserved a right cross from Hodor of the Rangers.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:04 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Bat flip didn't bother me much, pitch better. Also wouldn't have bothered me if he drilled him, although the whole idea of drilling guys for celebrating is dumb.

The nonsense coming down the third base line was idiotic, and deserved a right cross from Hodor of the Rangers.

It was a HUGE hit. If you're pissed about the celebration, don't give up a grand slam in the bottom of the 8th with a trip to Omaha on the line. The crap the kid did in the face of the catcher was bullshit, but what are you going to do about it? Ya got got. If it happened in game one, you probably plug the next guy in the ear.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:18 am

I hate nothing more than when people talk about playing "the right way". Very LaRussa and Cardinals "holier than thou" mentality.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:26 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I hate nothing more than when people talk about playing "the right way". Very LaRussa and Cardinals "holier than thou" mentality.

I really don't understand how it became cool to be in favor of over the top prickishness.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:30 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I hate nothing more than when people talk about playing "the right way". Very LaRussa and Cardinals "holier than thou" mentality.

I really don't understand how it became cool to be in favor of over the top prickishness.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:35 am

That Miami guy needs a "King of the Diamond" tattoo if he doesn't already have one.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:37 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

When people became too sensitive over stupid shit like a bat flip. Baseball seems to be leading this brigade sports-wise.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:39 am

i have no problem with the bat flip, it's the garbage after
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:43 am

I concur with that. Do it in a more subtle way if you're gonna talk shit. I just wanted to comment on baseball's butthurt over bat flips.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:04 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I concur with that. Do it in a more subtle way if you're gonna talk shit. I just wanted to comment on baseball's butthurt over bat flips.

First of all, I'm not sure how you separate the two. It was 360 feet of continuously being an asshole, from watching the ball while walking halfway down the first base line with bat in hand to talking shit to the catcher. Also, he plays for the number three team in the country that's been to the CWS 25 times and is playing a team that's home field is a tailgating lot and as far as I know there is no history between the two. Act like you've been somewhere before at some point.

Bat flips are small gestures of dickishness and they are bad for the game unless you are a sportscenter reared asshole in which case you probably think they are a good thing, they deserve a fastball to the dome in every case in my opinion but don't bear further discussion. The totality of this fuckface's dickishnesses raises the bar beyond that..
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:30 am

hansen is mostly offended about the shot at his beloved Cardinals.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:39 am

Truly showing why he's the best fan is baseball today. Just hope he doesn't hack into my computer now.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:52 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

hansen is mostly offended about the shot at his beloved Cardinals.

Don't call me Hansen!!
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:18 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I concur with that. Do it in a more subtle way if you're gonna talk shit. I just wanted to comment on baseball's butthurt over bat flips.

First of all, I'm not sure how you separate the two. It was 360 feet of continuously being an asshole, from watching the ball while walking halfway down the first base line with bat in hand to talking shit to the catcher. Also, he plays for the number three team in the country that's been to the CWS 25 times and is playing a team that's home field is a tailgating lot and as far as I know there is no history between the two. Act like you've been somewhere before at some point.

Bat flips are small gestures of dickishness and they are bad for the game unless you are a sportscenter reared asshole in which case you probably think they are a good thing, they deserve a fastball to the dome in every case in my opinion but don't bear further discussion. The totality of this fuckface's dickishnesses raises the bar beyond that..

i agree with the intern that uses his avatar to make it seem like he is the other intern.

hit the ball and flip the bat... fine. that's emotion and excitement and all that shit. but the whole trip from 3rd base to the plate beating his chest and talking shit to sciortino was bullshit. really cringie.

i only hope it doesn't come out that sciortino said something first - about the bat flip, the stroll, whatever. it the little troll was reacting to sciortino then it changes things a little in my mind... and i'd hate to have to find that out from some shitbird reporter out of miami
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:07 pm

It was a total prick move (I should know) down the 3rd base line (I'd like to see video of what else he was probably doing around the other bases), but to say anyone deserves a potentially career-ending ball to the head for anything short of intentionally trying to end someone else's career boggles my mind. You whiners are whiny. Play better and stop looking for your participation trophy, you millennial losers.

PS I really enjoyed this run and the team should be proud.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:19 pm

Miami's second baseman looks like the kind of guy that secretly poops in his neighbor's kitchen.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:32 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Miami's second baseman looks like the kind of guy that secretly poops in his neighbor's kitchen.

He is from Florida, so he doesn't just look like that kind of guy, he is that kind of guy.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:40 pm

i think he looks a little like lloyd braun :shrug
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:17 pm

Baseball is dumb
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:36 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Miami's second baseman looks like the kind of guy that secretly poops in his neighbor's kitchen.

It is Miami so he probably does it in his neighbor's laundry hamper.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:40 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

It is Miami so he probably does it in his neighbor's laundry hamper.

Good call.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:27 pm

The Miami baseball team, like most things associated with Da U, is a criminal enterprise. From what I am told, the 2nd baseman lives a life very similar to Bryan Pata and will likely end up the same way.

The good thing about this is it reminds me how much I hate Miami and everything and everyone associated with it and how hilarious the untimely deaths of Jerome Brown and Bryan Pata were.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:18 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:It was a total prick move (I should know) down the 3rd base line (I'd like to see video of what else he was probably doing around the other bases), but to say anyone deserves a potentially career-ending ball to the head for anything short of intentionally trying to end someone else's career boggles my mind. You whiners are whiny. Play better and stop looking for your participation trophy, you millennial losers.

Whining about wishing a career ending head injury is a funny way to whine about whining.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:57 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:It was a total prick move (I should know) down the 3rd base line (I'd like to see video of what else he was probably doing around the other bases), but to say anyone deserves a potentially career-ending ball to the head for anything short of intentionally trying to end someone else's career boggles my mind. You whiners are whiny. Play better and stop looking for your participation trophy, you millennial losers.

Whining about wishing a career ending head injury is a funny way to whine about whining.

I'd argue the fastball to the head might do some good to that kid
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:24 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Pointing out that the punishment should fit the crime is far from whining, but something tells me you knew that already.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:02 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Whining about wishing a career ending head injury is a funny way to whine about whining.

Is this another Bryan Pata post?
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:11 am

After the pseudo-brawl, the pro-Miami ESPN announcers were talking about enduring hostility between the BC and Miami coaching staffs, going back a ways. Those of you "in the know", is that true? What's that about? Recruiting issues? General obnoxious behavior?
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Shea Field