Yankee Win Makes Them Team of the Decade

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Yankee Win Makes Them Team of the Decade

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:51 pm

claver2010 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:If I wasn't a Phillies fan I would probably detest Victorino and Myers.

1) Victorino
2) Rollins

I am a Phillies fan and I don't care for Myers one bit. I love Rollins' swagger, but I can see why other teams' fans (especially the Mets') would not like him. It is impossible not to like guys like Howard and Utley.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:57 pm

campion wrote:
Bryn Mawr Eagle wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:If I wasn't a Phillies fan I would probably detest Victorino and Myers.

1) Victorino
2) Rollins

I am a Phillies fan and I don't care for Myers one bit. I love Rollins' swagger, but I can see why other teams' fans (especially the Mets') would not like him. It is impossible not to like guys like Howard and Utley.

Do you miss Rick Schu?

No. But watching Pedro Feliz bat (except for the solo homer in game 4) makes me long for Mike Schmidt. Hell, even Scott Rolen. Anyone at 3rd who can hit in the postseason would be fine.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:00 pm

campion wrote:
Bryn Mawr Eagle wrote:
claver2010 wrote:

1) Victorino
2) Rollins

Do you miss Rick Schu?

the Schu, Jeltz, Samuel, Hayes infield had a lot of potential. Stupid Mike Schmidt standing in the way of greatness.

eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Okay, I hate to tell you this, bro, but you do not have the core strength to scale the façade of Citizens Bank. You just don't.
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:18 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:i absolutely have the upper body strength to accomplish that

you only work out your glamour muscles and you know it
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:25 pm

campion wrote:"The new advertising firm made up of Gregg Legg, Tommy Nee, Rick Schu, Sock Seibold, Jerry Foote, Arch McDonald, Lou Groza, Nails MacFugger, and Mike Epstein will be known as Legg, Nee, Schu, Sock, Foote, Arch, Toe, Nails, and Epstein."

epstein?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:28 pm

campion wrote:
hansen wrote:
campion wrote:"The new advertising firm made up of Gregg Legg, Tommy Nee, Rick Schu, Sock Seibold, Jerry Foote, Arch McDonald, Lou Groza, Nails MacFugger, and Mike Epstein will be known as Legg, Nee, Schu, Sock, Foote, Arch, Toe, Nails, and Epstein."

epstein?

The Sunday night Sports Huddle on Boston radio in the 60s-80s used to end every week's show with a list of names that "said something" like I just did, and it always ended with (Baltimore Oriole) Mike Epstein.

Michael Peter Epstein (born April 4, 1943, in the Bronx, New York), nicknamed SuperJew, is a former Major League Baseball player for the Baltimore Orioles, Washington Senators, Oakland Athletics, Texas Rangers, and California Angels from 1966-1974.

thanks wikipedia
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:16 pm

campion wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
campion wrote:
Bryn Mawr Eagle wrote:
claver2010 wrote:

1) Victorino
2) Rollins

Do you miss Rick Schu?

the Schu, Jeltz, Samuel, Hayes infield had a lot of potential. Stupid Mike Schmidt standing in the way of greatness.

Gregg Legg.

Upon hearing the Phillies traded Von Hayes, Lenny "Bankruptcy Degenerate Ponzi Gambler" Dykstra said, "Great trade!"

Then he asked, who did we get....
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:20 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
Bryn Mawr Eagle wrote: It is impossible not to like guys like ... Utley.

dear chase,

i feel like i can call you chase because you and me are so much alike. i would love to meet you some day. it would be great to have a catch. i know i can't throw as fast as you, but i think you would be impressed with my speed. i love your hair. you run fast. do you have a good relationship with your father? me neither. These are all things we can talk about and more. i know you have not been getting my letters because i know you would write back if you did. i hope you write back this time and we get to be good friends. i’m sure our relationship would be a real home run.

love,

bryn mawr eagle

Wow. Now you're reading my secret correspondence? The colored names on this board have gone overboard once again!

Actually, I did "meet" Utley once - very briefly at a Phillies ALS research fundraiser two years ago. I took my son, and Utley could not have been cooler to him - posed for pictures, asked how his little league team was doing and what position he played, etc. It was typical fan event stuff but he did seem genuine and was great with the kids.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:10 pm

eagle9903 wrote:
campion wrote:
hansen wrote:

epstein?

The Sunday night Sports Huddle on Boston radio in the 60s-80s used to end every week's show with a list of names that "said something" like I just did, and it always ended with (Baltimore Oriole) Mike Epstein.

Michael Peter Epstein (born April 4, 1943, in the Bronx, New York), nicknamed SuperJew, is a former Major League Baseball player for the Baltimore Orioles, Washington Senators, Oakland Athletics, Texas Rangers, and California Angels from 1966-1974.

thanks wikipedia

Epstein has nothing on the modern day SuperJew, Gabe Kapler.
flyingelvii
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:04 pm

BCEagle74 wrote:
campion wrote:
eagle9903 wrote:
campion wrote:
Bryn Mawr Eagle wrote:
claver2010 wrote:

1) Victorino
2) Rollins

Do you miss Rick Schu?

Gregg Legg.

Upon hearing the Phillies traded Von Hayes, Lenny "Bankruptcy Degenerate Ponzi Gambler" Dykstra said, "Great trade!"

Then he asked, who did we get....

Indeed:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_ ... ars-prison
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Shea Field