So this happened ...

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

So this happened ...

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 11, 2015 10:20 am

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30070
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2396

Re: So this happened ...

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 11, 2015 5:04 pm

I'm shocked he could run that far without stopping.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5095
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 612

Re: So this happened ...

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 11, 2015 5:11 pm

flyingelvii wrote:I'm shocked he could run that far without stopping.


That's what makes it awesome - he scores and then sprints all the way back to the goal without celebrating even though it is a dead ball. Spit my coffee out when I saw the whole thing this morning.


This shows it better on the reply, despite the poor resolution. The funniest part is watching him fake pass to the best player in the country, #4, who just ducks when he unloads.

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30070
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2396

Re: So this happened ...

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 11, 2015 5:45 pm

I've never been douchy enough to play lax, which is shocking enough, but would the goalie have no idea where that shot was going because the nature of the goalie's stick?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5095
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 612

Re: So this happened ...

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 11, 2015 5:59 pm

flyingelvii wrote:I've never been douchy enough to play lax, which is shocking enough, but would the goalie have no idea where that shot was going because the nature of the goalie's stick?


I'm not a former player, but am told that it is harder to control long stick and goalie stick shots, but that goalies have trouble seeing them because it's a weird angle. Riorden is supposed to be really good at clearing his zone with long passes and he plays short stick attack in indoor during the summer.

It should be noted that he shot high, so if he missed, Albany would have retained possession, and that time was running out in the quarter. He wouldn't have done this if there was a chance for a counter attack.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30070
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2396

Re: So this happened ...

Postby hansen on Sat May 16, 2015 6:27 pm

I still don't understand how soccer is gay but lacrosse is ok. :shrug
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13906
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 252

Re: So this happened ...

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 19, 2015 8:03 am

hansen wrote:I still don't understand how soccer is gay but lacrosse is ok. :shrug


Really?

Checking

Scoring

Up and down action.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30070
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2396

Re: So this happened ...

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue May 19, 2015 8:26 am

twballgame9 wrote:
hansen wrote:I still don't understand how soccer is gay but lacrosse is ok. :shrug


Really?

Checking

Scoring

Up and down action.

remember that this is hansen so as soon as he sees those attacker sticks, all he can think about is up and down action.
Tom Dooder wrote: If [anthony brown's] performance made you nervous, you're a fucking pussy...
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20637
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5690

Re: So this happened ...

Postby Ben Roethlisberger on Tue May 19, 2015 8:28 am

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
hansen wrote:I still don't understand how soccer is gay but lacrosse is ok. :shrug


Really?

Checking

Scoring

Up and down action.

remember that this is hansen so as soon as he sees those attacker sticks, all he can think about is up and down action.

Because he would push the stick up and down in his ass. That would be pretty gay.
User avatar
Ben Roethlisberger
n00b
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 8:55 am
Karma: 115

Re: So this happened ...

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 19, 2015 9:33 am

If a goalie went coast to coast in soccer and scored I might watch it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30070
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2396

Re: So this happened ...

Postby hansen on Tue May 19, 2015 10:00 am

twballgame9 wrote:If a goalie went coast to coast in soccer and scored I might watch it.


Best I could find was Tim Howard scoring from 87 yards out.
interestingly, 2 of the first four goals in a lsit of 10 best keeper goals were from U.S. Nationals.
I didnt watch the last six.

HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13906
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 252

Re: So this happened ...

Postby hansen on Tue May 19, 2015 10:04 am

twballgame9 wrote:
hansen wrote:I still don't understand how soccer is gay but lacrosse is ok. :shrug


Really?

Checking

Scoring

Up and down action.


checking... Premier League games have the equivalent. you can use your body to knock people off the ball; just cant extend your hands.
scoring... i enjoy low scoring games as much as if not more than high scoring games in nhl, mlb, etc. but that's just my preference.
up and down action... depends on the teams involved.

i just never understood the soccer hate but that's just me.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13906
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 252

Re: So this happened ...

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 19, 2015 10:52 am

hansen wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
hansen wrote:I still don't understand how soccer is gay but lacrosse is ok. :shrug


Really?

Checking

Scoring

Up and down action.


checking... Premier League games have the equivalent. you can use your body to knock people off the ball; just cant extend your hands.
scoring... i enjoy low scoring games as much as if not more than high scoring games in nhl, mlb, etc. but that's just my preference.
up and down action... depends on the teams involved.

i just never understood the soccer hate but that's just me.


Stop with the checking comparison. Lax players are allowed to full on body check like hockey.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30070
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2396

Re: So this happened ...

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 19, 2015 10:54 am

Oh, and scoring is cool. Especially in lacrosse where they can go behind the back and shit. Lacrosse is more like basketball and hockey than soccer.

Or between the legs

Image
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30070
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2396

Re: So this happened ...

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue May 19, 2015 11:16 am

twballgame9 wrote: ...Or between the legs...

wait, i thought you were saying the lax bros were less gay than soccer... then you support your argument with the fact that you think it is cool when they go between each other's legs.

Image

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant
Tom Dooder wrote: If [anthony brown's] performance made you nervous, you're a fucking pussy...
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20637
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5690

Re: So this happened ...

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 19, 2015 11:24 am

You forgot to switch to Big Ben
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30070
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2396

Re: So this happened ...

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue May 19, 2015 11:34 am

i figured ben would come in and let us know that guys going between other guys legs is what gay people do but i guess he was eating lunch
Tom Dooder wrote: If [anthony brown's] performance made you nervous, you're a fucking pussy...
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20637
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5690

Re: So this happened ...

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu May 28, 2015 1:15 pm

Flopping. Have you ever seen LAX players flop the way international soccer players do? Yeah, me neither.
User avatar
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4339
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:41 pm
Karma: 1015

Re: So this happened ...

Postby hansen on Fri May 29, 2015 10:37 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle wrote:Flopping. Have you ever seen LAX players flop the way international soccer players do? Yeah, me neither.


Blame the dirty spaniards.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13906
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 252

Re: So this happened ...

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:09 pm

And the Italians. And the Portugese. And the French. And the South Americans. And the South Koreans.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5095
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 612


Return to Shea Field

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Untitled document